VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Jaango

The Manifest : Shadows over Manston [v2.2]

Game got good writing and renders. Enjoyed playing it. There are different paths. You can stay faithful to the wife or fall into temptation and cheat her. You feel guilty after cheating her. I loved this, it adds bit of reality to the game. Overall I enjoyed the game.

Usually I feel sad finding a good game which is abandoned already. But here I'm cause now we got Defending Lydia Collier.

Even though this one's there is fair amount of content worth checking out
  2. 5.00 star(s)

NorthernDick

Very Good Story, lots of paths of getting laid with few or most of all & intresting behind plot twist beind the MC s back more or less. I can only hope one day the Dev or Other Devs will pick this up & Continue with it, as it is Excellent Story to Enjoy.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

ImariKurumi

This VN is really good.

Woke up, the wife, Jane, changed for the better. Really liked her, i was 100% onboard on being faithful. Avoided so many temptations, well except for kisses from the step daughter.

Then i met the sister in law Tanya. Sweet lady. Pregnant. Ended up with her coming to stay over with us. Cool beans...

Went to pick her up. She got in the car and wanted a mouth to mouth CPR session, i rejected, she got angry and threated to tell Jane who the father of her baby is. She goes on that we'll be having sex, doesnt matter if i want to or not. At this moment i was at the breaking point. Went into her house to get her bag, saw her mom(mother in law) masturbating. Ran out back into the car. Tanya goes on saying she cant wait to get ploughed by me on her sister's(wife) bed. I broke.

Restarted the game. Frenched my step daughter. Fucked the school slut twice and got her pregnant, tried to hook up with a teacher colleague and peeked on her daughter peeing. Told my side chick i love her. Was about to bang that teacher colleague but got interrupted and saved her daughter(will prolly try get that mom x daughter combo going later, with both the younger and oldest daughters, hell yea), kissed the hot vice principal on the lips, picked up sister in law and tongued her, i'm soooo gonna bang her on our bed tonight...

I'm out of control. You're gonna love this game!!!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Karylbek

Writing my first ever review on the site. This game rocks. I regret I haven't found this earlier. I like the games where MC is cheating, he knows it is cheating and everybody else around him knows what cheating is. I mean there are other games that touch this topic but it's like MC just forgets he has a wife or a girlfriend the moment he stops seeing her. Also, the girls are great, renders not bad, story not entirely nonsensical.

Pity it is onhold. Just when it came to that blonde fan chick. I really hope the dev will resurrect it after finishing his other game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Drawmelike1ofurfrenchgirl

TL DR
    Dialogs that matter (not one of those endless fillers), interesting girls, Mercedes is bae.

This is one of those games where you can read the dialog because it's to the point and relevant to the story. I having encountered far too many vn's with pointless (seemingly never ending) dialog. Compared to that, this game was a breeze to get through.

The characters are interesting and decisions do give you a different out come. I'm only saying this because some of the other games give you faux choices that don't really matter.

The only thing I'm not too sure about is the side story (with the bad guys) which pops up every now and then. At this point it doesn't really add anything in terms of interaction for the MC but maybe future updates will address this issue. How ever, imo the side story wasn't necessary and I would have opted to use that time to further progress the main content.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

dietmountaindew

I really enjoyed this VN and I'm not gonna lie, I'm bummed to see that it took a backseat to the dev's other project, as I enjoyed this one much more than their more popular game. (Obviously I'm in the minority *sigh*)

It's a game that actually feels like it gives you freedom of choice. Especially on the romance side of things.

The renders, while not breathtaking are still very good, the overall writing is solid and the plot is engaging.

Hope this sleeper gem doesn't end up abandoned.

4(.5)* bordering on 5
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 216358

A good storytelling game with some major weaknesses.

Pros
    • Good character models
    • Good renders, graphics, and visuals
    • Good story
    • Good writing
    • Interesting characters

Cons
    • Poor character development with Penelope and Hannah
    • Far too many characters in the game! All plots and paths are stretched very thin because of it! Game needs more focus!
    • With what the author introduced up through version 2.2, it would take several more years to complete the game. The author already got bored with the project, put it on hold, and started a new game.
    • Sex and lewd scenes are poor and uninspiring! They feel rushed and most are done without animation.

The sex scenes are extremely lack luster. Some of them are only 3 different screens with a 'hey lets have sex', 'hey this is awesome', and then 'hey that was awesome', and done. Most of it is not animated. The build up to sex is very minimal. The actual sexual act is boring and barely even portrayed.

The dev ends up making the adult part of the game more of an afterthought instead of a focus or at least equal importance.

The scope of the project looks big and intricate with lots of actors. Unfortunately, I found myself bored many times because too much time passed between adult content and then the adult content once received was not satisfying at all.

If you want an interesting story that jumps around a lot with lots of loose ends that never see fruition, then I recommend this game.

If you are here for an XXX game title you will likely be disappointed. Yes, there are sex scenes in the game but they feel rushed and are uninspiring to say the least. They lack passion and soul. They end far too quickly and not enough time was spent on them!

The main problem with the game is the dev bit off more than he could chew. The game has such a huge scope, it would take several more years to really see any type of conclusion. The dev has already put the game on hold and started a new game. Point proven!
  8. 3.00 star(s)

lvlup

This title is all over the place. The graphics are nice and the choices do feel like the actually have impact. That said, all the characters feel a bit too eager to jump on MCs bone. The grand plot is frankly so out of place that i skipped most of it and it is very good that there is an option to disable it completely.

Came for the slice of life scumbag corruption, left due to the action cop. Highly disappointed that Penelope wants to jump on you from the start and there is no route to have her if you are not in good standing with her (that is if you want to be a douchebag to her but still bone her).
  9. 4.00 star(s)

meridian1

I like from the start you're a cheating husband. It's hot. And your wife is loving and devoted and hot. I like the relationship dynamics between all the characters. The mc and wife, the mc and step-daughter, the step-daughter and mother. The mc and step-daughters friend. Mc with the other characters. I like how you have choices, options to pursue characters or not. It's hot. It's generally high quality writing all the time.

The sex scenes are hot. Again i like how you have the choice to pursue various characters at various times and there's some continuity to when you progress.

The parts where you are corrupting your wife are done really, really well. She has a strongly defined personality and so it's nice to see her change.

I am VERY interested to see a lot more of this game. As where it ended wasn't even the midpoint, but there's still a good amount of content here.

So yeah i remember now about that main plot in the game. Yeah it's alright, not that good really. I'd rather keep interacting with the characters we know and just live a domestic life story about the mc and these characters, rather than have the main plot. You know you're onto something good when someone says they do not want to see the main plot and would rather hang out with the characters that they know. But since the game is still quite early, i am interested to see where the main plot will go and what will happen.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

spainhorse

This game has become one of my favorite games on F95. The developer truly put the story in your hand. There are several important decisions that will change your experience. This game also offers one of the best wife paths I have seen. In most games, you're encouraged to cheat on your wife. Here, being loyal to your wife yields great fun and excitement. The girls are beautiful and different enough, so everyone can find what they like in this game. I have personally joined the developer's Patreon, and I will encourage you to do the same if you enjoy the game and are able to do so.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Machete

It's a bit too "i'd really like to be macho" for my personal taste but otherwise a really good game, with an interesting story and appealing love interests. I really hope to see the conclusion of this one.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

billclinton99

This dev effort although good still just barely goes beyond being a playable demo in terms of content.
    It has the potential for replay value with various story arcs but none of them are fleshed out enough to go much further than the beginning.

FW.I.W. I have been playing various iterations of this since it started, my experiences have been the same, I run out of things to do in this world they are building very rapidly. If the content was deeper and richer this could be one helluva game.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Duncanidaho

I like the starting situations the male protagonist in a relationship with his fiance. So it's up to you to cheat her or not. Personally cheating is exciting for me in games so I can tell the game is great from this aspect. Renders are nice lewd scenes are really hot.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

juanito

Review as of [v1.1b BugFix]

I'm always glad when I find a VN that I like. It is a lucky thing for there to be a review system in f95zone. I admit that if this had fewer than 4 stars I wouldn't have even tried it.

There are LOTS of cute girls (Hannah, Penélope, Emily, the Lieutenant, etc.) and there is plenty of freedom of choice. I have to confess that some of the scenes where somewhat confusing though.

Anyway, a plethora of cute girls, a fairly interesting story and good style makes this a VN worth playing.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

The game's quite short in it's current state. All I can say on the story is it's straight from the very start is fucked up and even at 1AM I can tell it's not getting any better. The story is also all over the fucking place but have chose to enable scenes happening out of MCs view. I just can't tell who is who in this game.

The renders are quite good and that's a plus. Just there's not all that much content. :(
  16. 5.00 star(s)

longjohngold

Super hot but super short.

The renders are great, and there's tons of attractive girls.

I felt real happy about the tone of the game when during the first sexual encounter with your partner you can hold her head while you deepthroat her until she pukes ... there's also lots of stuff brewing with the girls that are around.

I went through more than once and despite how short it is there's already different things branching off here and there, so if they can keep that up throughout the full game then it'll definitely be one you'll want to go back through a few times.

On the downsides though, are just that it's mega short at present and it can be buggy ... the first time I played I encountered none but as I went back through to see what different decisions could lead to then I found bits where you'd get the renpy kinda error and need to ignore, and in once place it created an infinite loop.

Anyway, I really want to see more of this and get to be an absolutely terrible influence on everyone around.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

oysterkeeper

Interesting game with some potential.

In spite of this, I feel like the story is kind of all over the place. There are a ton of characters and it is hard to keep track of all of them. It is a bit messy in that regard.

I think besides the clarity issues, the game is pretty good. The renders are good, and it feels like there are a lot of branches to take in the story. The game can be really good once it is fully complete. I would definitely recommend trying this.
  18. M
    5.00 star(s)

Mr B

Easily one of the best games out there. Lot's of really gorgeous girls, hot scenes and good writing! The multiple paths are actually interesting, it makes for a lot of replay value. Keep it up WhitePhantom, great stuff..
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Shagbot

I really enjoyed this game, and have so far played two branches (0.17). Yeah, what others are saying is true. It's a bit messy sometimes jumping around different plots, it's hard to tell if the MC is watching a scene or if it's just a random scene that the you the player are being shown. It's hard to keep track of all the characters, and so sometimes you don't remember who is talking, or where you met them before (a bit like Game of Thrones in that respect, except not quite on that scale or quality!). Sometimes the poses and expressions look a bit stupid, but I actually feel that this adds to its charm.

You feel that the choices really matter and that's what I really like. It's not lip service, and you really have to play a few times to see scenes with each character (seemingly a playthrough per character might be required).

With a bit of solid critical feedback, and subsequent polish, this will hopefully turn out to be one of the best games on here.

Could do with some animated scenes, so hopefully they will be added later.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

u z i

v0.156

as the tags suggest, this has a dark and violent storyline and i love it. the story and writing is really good. the MC is a huge douche (which i also liked :p). immersive storytelling. LOTS of hot babes to bang. branching paths. definitely recommend to try it out!