3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
Cover.png

Overview:
The protagonist (nameable) just turned 18 years old and goes to an adventure around Kanto to encounter all the monsters and research a special monster mutation for the town's professor.
Other than researching for the professor, he challenges gym leaders around the region to gain badges so that he can realize his dream to become the best monster trainer in Kanto.
During his adventure, the protagonist will face many challenges but he will also meet many different people with whom he may develop special relationships that could aid him to reach his goals.​

Thread Updated: 2019-01-27
Release Date: 2019-01-27
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: None
Version: R6
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD
All: - - - - -

0002.png 0003.png 0001.png 0004.png

Last edited by a moderator:

BrokenRose

Jan 21, 2018
Some games I have been seeing recently just look like a quick money grab with the paint artwork.
Exactly. They use the franchise attached to their concept and milk it for all it's worth.

This one though, seems to have some actual content for a 0.0.1 version, which is quite the shocker.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Some games I have been seeing recently just look like a quick money grab with the paint artwork.
Yeah, drawing is not exactly my strong point :p; Alternatively I could have used 3DCG/Text only but I did not like either of those options, hopefully I will get better in future and look to replace them.

Something's not right when you have to mention that mc is nameable in order to pitch your game
Oh, I had no ill intent when I specified that.

It is usually something that is mentioned in tags ( ) so I just did that, alternatively I could have just put a random name but there would have been the risk that people did not like it, so I prefer to give the choice to name your character.

So, umm... pokemon with penises?
Not enough "nope" in the world for this one.
Nope.
The MC will be the only male shown.

W22N

Jan 5, 2018
Yeah, drawing is not exactly my strong point :p; Alternatively I could have used 3DCG/Text only but I did not like either of those options, hopefully I will get better in future and look to replace them.

Oh, I had no ill intent when I specified that.

It is usually something that is mentioned in tags ( ) so I just did that, alternatively I could have just put a random name but there would have been the risk that people did not like it, so I prefer to give the choice to name your character.

The MC will be the only male shown.
Yep, actually I tried it out and it heavily surpassed my expectations. The art isn't really my cup of tea, but the choice system you went for and how it changes the dialogue is very well thought out (something i struggle to find if i'm being honest). I'm yet to try out if there are actually changes in the storyline with different choices. So, overall so far so good and I'll keep an eye out. Good luck!

Edit: Also I forgot to clarify, 99% of the games posted here allow you to name the mc, I'm all for that, it's just that mentioning it in the overview is almost like someone selling you a car and saying "it has air conditioning". Vndb mentions it because most jap vns have preset character names, idk why, but that's how they do it

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Is All the artwork I did bad?

I can try to improve and redo some stuff but if everything is totally unplayable, there is not much I can do about it :coldsweat:
If at least the H-scenes and Characters are salvageable, I could simply give up on the VN and try something in RPGM style.

I am open to suggestions!

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Don't listen them and don't stop - please, continue
Oh no worries, I do not like leaving things abandoned/unfinished, at worse I can wrap everything up in a second last release to finish up the routes I have started.

I like/listen to criticism, since that helps me improve or make me see things that I would not otherwise see.
I am honestly asking whatever *all* the artwork is ugly or maybe just the backgrounds.

If it was just the backgrounds, I might consider just doing a RPG next time... Whereas if literally everything is ugly, then oh well, I have tried :closedtongue:.

Regardless of how it goes, I will not leave this abandoned.
It is just that there is no point in making this game really longevous if it will be all crap that no one will play or like, it would be just a waste of time.

kxxx

Oct 13, 2016
Oh no worries, I do not like leaving things abandoned/unfinished, at worse I can wrap everything up in a second last release to finish up the routes I have started.

I like/listen to criticism, since that helps me improve or make me see things that I would not otherwise see.
I am honestly asking whatever *all* the artwork is ugly or maybe just the backgrounds.

If it was just the backgrounds, I might consider just doing a RPG next time... Whereas if literally everything is ugly, then oh well, I have tried :closedtongue:.

Regardless of how it goes, I will not leave this abandoned.
It is just that there is no point in making this game really longevous if it will be all crap that no one will play or like, it would be just a waste of time.
I think it's both characters and backgrounds, it ain't that bad, just looks wonky from time to time but I really don't think it's a deal breaker (although I'm biased in favor of anything Delia, so maybe I'm not the most accurate one for feedback :p).

I can't speak for everyone but I'd say to just keep at it, make whatever game you wanna make first and foremost. I personally prefer renpy, as there are really few RPG Maker games that are actually good to play, most of'em are just a chore. Whatever you decide I wish you good luck, I think this has potential although it's really short right now (as expected of a v0.01).

Reactions: Winterfire

DiabloCadet

Nov 15, 2017
Is there a good amount of content already? I mean its only 0.1. Is it worth it now or should i wait a bit before i play??

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes