2.00 star(s) 1 Vote
D

Deleted member 521841

Getting an error when I try to save, saying something along the lines of not having a save folder or config.rpgsave?

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Getting an error when I try to save, saying something along the lines of not having a save folder or config.rpgsave?
Then it seems the game.exe application does not have file creating/writing priviledge. Where on your computer have you stored the game? Is it in a protected folder?

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
I'm not sure why you would move to RPG maker from Renpy, while its still very much a VN? Maybe you just want to try something different, see how it works out.

RPG maker as a VN engine usually just means useless running around. Good luck on the project either way. I still think your CG's look fantastic.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I'm not sure why you would move to RPG maker from Renpy, while its still very much a VN? Maybe you just want to try something different, see how it works out.

RPG maker as a VN engine usually just means useless running around. Good luck on the project either way. I still think your CG's look fantastic.
I've explained this a few times before, but there is a simple reason for the swtich to RPG Maker MV: The ability to put it on websites to allow people to play it online (because RPG Maker MV can deploy a game in HTML5 format while Ren'py can't). Not everyone wants to play offline and online games get a huge number of views, so I thought I'd give it a try. I also wanted to add a few more gameplay elements, which is much more difficult to do in Ren'py

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

Rudrig

Apr 23, 2018
I really liked all your games so far, the CG's are truely wanderful. With this new i have one problem though: some CG's don't appear - like when talking to someone: the two sides of the screen gone black or i don't know if is there any CG for the first masturbation event, becouse i only seen a black screen.
IMO the worst in RPGM is the vaste amount of memory consumed compared to RenPy.

NAT63

Dec 20, 2017
As I saw this game, I tried to play it. But there is a bug when there is the masturbation of MC. is it possible to fix it? thankyou.

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
I saw this thread has a pregnancy tag, is said content in or planned to be implemented into the game?

IndigoHawk

Aug 9, 2016
When you transition to a new room, please consider placing the PC one step inside the room, instead of right at the door. Another option is make entryways only one square wide with the player standing on it.

Either option should fix players being booted immediately out of the room again when they try to walk somewhere in the room.

D

Deleted member 521841

Then it seems the game.exe application does not have file creating/writing priviledge. Where on your computer have you stored the game? Is it in a protected folder?
(Mac btw) No I just ran it from the downloads folder after I got it. Should I move it somewhere else and try again?

StarVII7

Nov 13, 2018
I recently (like just today) found out about Bright Sun Studios through HSCS and I had a very awesome exprience (played for about 6-8 hours) and was about to pledge to your patreon only to find out that you not on cancelled this game but ever other game. While I haven't play anything else except HSCS, that was a blow to the gut to know that it would never be finished. I can honestly say that I cared about most of the girls in the game and I'm kinda sad I'll never be able to complete their route. That said, I did find myself thinking at various times that why is it that every one of them had some type of (for a lack of better term) huge baggage that they are carrying around? Don't get me wrong. It did give some depth to the characters and made them feel a bit more alive but must everyone go through a big life changing event or have some deep parent issues? Not everyone in life went through some big traumatic issue, so it would have been nice to have a "normal" girl to romance I guess.

The Persona feel was real though. The whole investgation thing and the pseudo social link were too similar to Persona even before I discovered the option to use the actual music from the game. It was fun for a while then it got me thinking about how much it's trying to be Persona cept with explict sex (cause I'm pretty sure you're having sex with your GF in the game when it fades to black).

High school crush simulator had awesome potential but if it wasn't making money I think that's because there was too much grind for too little reward. We had some good masturbation scenes but the closest we got to Ava was some boob play and listening through a bathroom door. Slow burn can be nice but there should be some way to let off extra energy besides just masturbating.
^I agree with this a lot. There was some nice masturbation scenes and I think those scenes were well paced but, even though I like Ella more in the end, Ava was the reason why I downloaded it in the first place. So to get to the end and to have been rewarded with one nude pic of her in the bath was kind of a let down. I get she was feeling weird about her junk, but after the MC make it really clear that it's a turn on, you still get nothing cept a motorboat. I would have been nice to at least have a mutual masturbation scene.

Anyway, I'm glad Sexual Duty has more futa scenes. The ones I've seen so far were really well made. Though Nicole had some creepy facial expressions (like the one when she masturbates or when Elise lays on Nicole's breasts), being animated was good. I'm not sure how difficult it would be but I would have liked to see the faces be a bit more animated as well instead of just having one expression. That really would have set it over the top in my book. That and more of a focus on the sexual act instead of talking about heavy subjects. I'll give the blowjob scene with Anna cause I can see how Nicole might think that while getting head and maybe even the boob play with Elise since it was more of an exploratory thing, but the sex scene with Anna against the wall... I'm sure what they talked about with her past and stuff is relevant but during sex? I don't really want her past to come out like that while I'm trying to focus on the sex scene I suppose. It's kind of a boner killer to be honest. I would have like to read about how good it feels or something more along the lines of the actual sex. I just felt like the dialogue was out of place. There could have been more music options as well but that's a minor thing right now.

The autoscroll during sex was annoying. I knew about the option to take it off that was said in the beginning but I thought it was in the options menu and not as a key item which was confusing.

At any rate, this game has the potential to be something great imo and I thought I'd give my two cents on what I thought about this game and the decision to cancel all of the others games. Sad to see HSCS go but it was a short lived journey for me. I don't know if you'll see this or really even care about what I have to say but I thought I'd say it anyway. In no way what I said was meant to be taken as any form of disrespect or anything of the like. While I might not agree with your decision to cancel everything, I can see your view on how focusing on a single game might be better for you in the long run (not that my opinion matters). So I thought I'd give you my take on Sexual Duty so far and I hope to see it more in the future.

TL;DR

Sad to see HSCS go but SD is looking good so far. It just really needs less deep talking and more sexy talking. And more expressive but less creepy faces :D

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

Camel

Jun 8, 2017
great stuff, you might wanna consider opening up more save slots in the next version or a replay option tho.

Loqic

Royal Jelly
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Looks sweet! But like @IndigoHawk already mentioned, the cell after a door or map would best be placed behind the entrance cell. Like it's done now makes mouseplay frustrating and when entering the wrong room you can't press down to exit again.
Instant text speed also pretty much skips whole sex scenes since they progress without mouse or keyboard input. Holding the action key to fast forward text also activates choices it seems.
Anyway, I always love your models, I'll give this a full playthrough soon. :D

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
I've explained this a few times before, but there is a simple reason for the swtich to RPG Maker MV: The ability to put it on websites to allow people to play it online (because RPG Maker MV can deploy a game in HTML5 format while Ren'py can't). Not everyone wants to play offline and online games get a huge number of views, so I thought I'd give it a try. I also wanted to add a few more gameplay elements, which is much more difficult to do in Ren'py
I hope you would do a Renpy port later. Personally, if I see the RPGM tag, I just move on, but I saw this was your game so I took a peek.

kshyk

Mar 18, 2018
Usually I don't like Bright Sun Studios games. It's not my kind of story telling\writing. But this one might be really good, all thanks to RPGM. Let's wait and see..

3lfscout

Jan 8, 2018
Yeah, I know a lot of people claim that female protagonist games don't work, but that simply isn't true. As you mentioned, several of them got very successful. And I've seen several polls about this subjec that show there is about a 48%-52% gender preference in favor of the males.

But since most players are guys, no one complains about male protagonists. Some guys have problems with playing a girl (a very small minority I think), so you occasionally see people mention that female protagonist games aren't popular. But I think that issue seems bigger than that it actually is. Plenty of people have commented on my games that they loved that it had a more realistic take on playing as a woman. I also feel like the people who complain about female protagonist games still wouldn't end up liking me game I had made the protagonist male (without changing much else) as I think it's more of a fetish/narrative tone thing than an actual dislike of playing as a girl.

I have seen some legitimate critisisms of female protagonist games (mostly about people thinking lesbian sex isn't as engaging or hot to read about as sex feature penetration and about the softer, romantic tone those games go for), but I've also seen a lot of love.

It is certainly true though that people who like female protagonist games can also enjoy male protagonist games while they other way around isn't always true. But for my personally... I just don't like writing male characters that much. I'm interested in girls, so it's easier for me to write a likeable protagonist if she's female. And why settle for one pretty girl to look at/work with when you can have two (or more)?
Redtext: No. Fully disagree.
I absolutely hate male protagonist, they just 99% suck.
(the 1% is playing a demon-summoner or so, like, commanding tentacle monsters)

Ever seen a male MC in a 5p or more gangbang? How...... TINY he seems?

Can there be anything that feels more sad?

The main point of female MC games is creating the chance of total control over a female, generating a godlike feeling, like sitting on the Chair on a film set with a megaphone and yelling CUUUUUT, something a male MC just will never provide

With a male MC, you feel like a player - you want it? sorry, no chance, better luck next time, it's just far too passive

With a female MC, you feel like an author - you want it? just do it

With a female you can 100% certainty cause a big belly if the game allows (you have stats and such), with a male that's impossible (theres just always the reasonable doubt, she definitly lied about the not taking the pill part, you just know it)

And last but not least:
My gamechar. is always omnisexual:
Everything (male, female, beast, inanimate object, etc.)
And well, tastes differ - I am not so much the M+M fan, which would be a must for a male Omni, and Bessie the Biological Bovine? Gabby the Goat? Yeeeeaaa...... Nope. Just no.

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
Bright Sun Studios:

Okay so before I play the game there are some thoughts and concerns I want to address with you. This is meant to be constructive criticism and advice, and is not meant to be offensive to you in any way. I will try to divide my thoughts into categories for clarity. These are meant to hopefully bring you more Patreon revenue and possibly improve the game.

Marketing:

Your game is not marketed very well. For one thing, the only way I found out about this game is by checking your patreon, that I already knew about, to find out about previous projects, and then I stumbled on this game. Then I couldn't find the public release anywhere (not even on your website), so I assumed it was patreon only. But then I looked up f95, and since you are the poster, I was able to discover that this is intended as a public release. The second problem is that you don't have a fetish list on your patreon page, meaning as a consumer, I have no idea what to expect. I only found out this was a Yuri and futa based game after seeing it here. So you are already missing out on your key demographic for the game. Here's how to fix this...

-Make sure to post over at and all the time. Post releases, preview images, whatever, you want more and more people to find your game. Make sure to link your patreon in these posts.

-After a few versions come out, ask lewdgamer to do an article. Again you want people to find the game.

-Show more clarity in patreon. Have a fetish list, so that fans of those fetishes will know that your game has them, and will be more likely to support you. And if you are nice enough to make it a free game, then clearly state it. It makes you look good, and people know what they're getting into.

-Make sure to tell people to check out your f95 on your patreon, so people know where they can find a place to get public releases, talk to you, and see preview images.

Content:

These aren't necessarily things you have done, but I think you should be cautious of these going forward, as many adult game developers make these mistakes.

1. Keep you key demographic in mind. If it's aimed at futa and Yuri fans, then keep it that way. If you try to please everyone, then you end up turning people off or disappointing them. For example, I am going into this game expecting Yuri and futa as a fan of those, but if I find a bunch of het, then I'm gone. Whatever theme you pick, there will be people who are upset that it isn't the theme they want, but it's better to disappoint the people who want a different kind of game, then the people who are supporting you because they like the kind of game you're making.
  2. Gallery: An adult game without some way to review scenes is unplayable. Games like whorecraft, toffi's old games, and Zoe's temptation for example are games that were really good, but because I can't review the scenes, there is no reason to play them. The goal of an adult game is to collect those scenes. With renpy, people can save before the scenes. But with RPG maker, you don't have that luxury. So make sure to do a gallery, even if it's just a simple scene recollection room at the end.

Steam:

Don't be afraid to put you game on steam if you're hurting for money. Just let people know at the beginning that this is your intention, and of course delete this f95 page.

Trust:

I understand why you cancelled your games, but it weakens consumer trust. Like with futabox, people get angry that you haven't finished your games, and that you seem less likely to finish any of your games. The only way to fix this is to make steady releases, and finish games. As more releases come out, the trust meter goes back up.

Complements:

1. Good job on the frequent patreon updates.
  2. You are very responsive to fans.
  3. You act polite.
    1. These things make you look good as a developer, and should make people more likely to pledge.
  4. Models look good, and I'm sure the gameplay will be too.
I hope any of this helps and all that being said, the game looks really good and I can't wait to try it! I wish you good luck.

Edit: I also see that you are trying to make an online version, please also allow for a downloadable offline version, as some people (like me) prefer to play that way.

Last edited:

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
I've enjoyed Brights games so far, sadly the last one was cancelled. However after seeing RPGM tag I think ill pass. Best of luck.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote