• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Sexborn [Development Thread]

Br1Hopkins

Oct 17, 2023
Hi, I’m developing a JRPG in Godot, the mechanics developed so far are the combat system, inventory system and dialogue system. The things I have left to develop before starting to implement the story into the project and release something playable are: Quests system, character skill kits, and time system for special interactions.

The story of the game is this, the MC is an orphan who was abandoned in a church and grows up raised by a priest, the motivation to leave the village is that he wants to meet his parents, gradually he finds out who he is but not in the way he thought. The ending revolves around the fact that the MC is someone who reincarnates, I don’t want to tell more than that because it would reveal the plot twist of the story and this is still possible to be changed in case I find plot holes.

I hope to use this thread only for important updates in the game, as I would like to tell other less important details I created this Twitter account:

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Br1Hopkins Lovely game that you've got going on in development there. The story and plotline/narrative are intriguing. Sprites look a bit minimalistic, but still quite charming in their own way.

The nun design looks hot. Does this nun belong to a specific sect in the game? So, in other words, will the nuns have some kind of adorned symbol or something along those lines affixed to their apparel in-game?

Also, is your combat system in real-time (like in some Final Fantasy games) or will it be more turn-based in scope?

Does the Godot engine allow for custom OW (i.e., overworld) sprites so that players can see any piece of customizable clothing on the character themselves? Or is that too advanced of a feature perhaps? :unsure:

Br1Hopkins

Oct 17, 2023
Br1Hopkins Lovely game that you've got going on in development there. The story and plotline/narrative are intriguing. Sprites look a bit minimalistic, but still quite charming in their own way.

The nun design looks hot. Does this nun belong to a specific sect in the game? So, in other words, will the nuns have some kind of adorned symbol or something along those lines affixed to their apparel in-game?

Also, is your combat system in real-time (like in some Final Fantasy games) or will it be more turn-based in scope?

Does the Godot engine allow for custom OW (i.e., overworld) sprites so that players can see any piece of customizable clothing on the character themselves? Or is that too advanced of a feature perhaps? :unsure:
The nun belongs to the religion around which the plot revolves. They will have a symbol that will be important in the story to create a couple of connections between the MC and the world.

The combat will be turn-based.

Godot allows custom OW, I chose Godot to avoid limitations when programming.

KeekoDev

Feb 7, 2024
Nice to see people using Godot, definitely allows for a lot more possibility compared to the limitations the more common engines usually have.