VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Seiyuu Danshi [Final] [MeYaoi Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

justboredsohard

my first game. this was so fun. i really liked the story characters etc. and there is so much content so much different paths you can take. the company's new game is also great check it out its name is banana ranch
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Yanari

Art is pretty, characters are a biiit cliché, but that is part of it's charm, and i believe it was intendet as how somethimes characters would break the 4th wall to talk about it.

Yeah a lot of grinding as hell but that was kinda fixed in new version as how u can skip whole days to attend what u need to so u can focus on romance o whasover. History is kinda...short, and there would be days that all u can do is spend time with the guy u are pursuing and nothing more. (this was tru for me as i am really good grinding aparently and i maxed my romance and shit way before auditions lol) so those days there is pretty much nothing interesting.

But there are some funny parts that are worth watching and the developement of romance for some characters is very good. Others feel kinda rushed but u can also enjoy those.

Overal, it is a good game for killing time and if u want some sexy time with ur 2d crush as the foreplay mode can give u that in a very limited way and u will have to do it a lot if u want to tigger something interesting. Still, is pretty fun, and if u are a patient person you will enjoy this game. Not really a Visual novel as it is much more like a Dating Sim.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

lost_erias

Agree with some the other review - TOO MUCH GRIND and and the actual sex is 2 chibi. (=3=) Okay only the foreplay mode looks nice. I'm using renpy cheats to get through this game - even then you have to grind and get through a year worth of each day and night AND you need to max all the stats from acquaintance, friends, crush to lover by max all the stars + heart. WAY TOO MUCH CLICKING and you don't get much satisfaction out of it.

I'm disappointed in the long wait for this game as a yaoi fan.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

IvoryOwl

[NO SPOILERS]
    A gay dating sim where you have to juggle your finances / dates / stats / stress to make end's meet.

Slow and grindy define Seiyuu Danshi. There's not a whole lot of breathing room in it, you have to be frugal with your expenses otherwise you won't be able to pay your rent (which results in a game over). If you don't improve your stats and learn new traits then you won't get accepted into new jobs (which is where most of your money comes from). These get consecutively harder and more demanding as time goes on. Don't forget to keep your stress low though because if you don't it will make you sick and force you to skip a day or two that could have been vital in your tight schedule.

Meeting the bare minimum requirements to get into an audition isn't enough, you also have to do well enough to get accepted. If you're like me or just want to get it over with (IMO failure is not an option because it is too costly) then you will have to save-scum. A lot. You can do side-activities like part-timing job, learning, going on a date, etc, however, each task takes a specific amount of time and you can't do them all in a single day. You have to prioritize what you want to do and plan ahead before a deadline, make too many mistakes or dilly-dally and it will cost you.

Relationships are slow-burners - you basically have to stalk (aka, interact with your love interest a lot) as often as you can to unlock their special events, which is sort of a requirement to get anywhere with them. Several months will go by before you'll even be considered their friend so that's a clear indication you won't be seeing those sexy scenes until you do your (very long) homework. From what I've gathered there is no NG+ so if you start fresh just to date someone else (my advice is to focus on a single love interest at a time) you will have to play EVERYTHING from the start. Same grind, same slow pace.

--- TL;DR ---
    If you like gay dating sims and don't mind grinding or working on slow-building relationships then this may be your cup of tea. The art is good and the dudes look cute / hot, however, it isn't necessarily cheap, sitting a bit over 30$ and still missing some features (namely the VO pack the devs announced to release some time around Christmas this year). The game is long but I can't help but feel part of it is because of the bloated amount of grind and padding it has.