Mod Ren'Py Seeking Closure Walkthrough Mod [v0.6] [zinacke]

Apr 2, 2021
Updated to v0.6
Get this error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label fleur_ch6 is defined twice, at File "game/chapters/chapter6/scene103.rpy", line 245:
        label fleur_ch6:

and File "game/chapters/chapter6/scene103.rpy", line 733:
        label fleur_ch6:

The label susan_ch6 is defined twice, at File "game/chapters/chapter6/scene103.rpy", line 494:
        label susan_ch6:

and File "game/chapters/chapter6/scene103.rpy", line 973:
        label susan_ch6:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Sat Apr 20 10:31:00 2024

Reactions: ontach

zinacke

Modder
Feb 13, 2020
Get this error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label fleur_ch6 is defined twice, at File "game/chapters/chapter6/scene103.rpy", line 245:
        label fleur_ch6:

and File "game/chapters/chapter6/scene103.rpy", line 733:
        label fleur_ch6:

The label susan_ch6 is defined twice, at File "game/chapters/chapter6/scene103.rpy", line 494:
        label susan_ch6:

and File "game/chapters/chapter6/scene103.rpy", line 973:
        label susan_ch6:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Sat Apr 20 10:31:00 2024
Fixed! thanks for pointing this out

Reactions: ontach
Apr 2, 2021
Sorry to bother, but I noticed that with the mod the option to name the saves goes away, is it possible to retain it? Because it's a very useful feature, especially for multiple playthroughs. Thank you :)

Maximilian87

Sep 8, 2022
got this error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
ScriptError: Name ('game/chapters/chapter1/scene1.rpy', 1675092115, 0) is defined twice, at game/chapters/chapter1/scene1.rpy:3 and game/game/chapters/chapter1/scene1.rpyc:4.

zinacke

Modder
Feb 13, 2020
Let me understand something. You are quite active in your mod's thread, you updated your mod to current version quite quickly but yet you still didn't fix gallery issue, how is that possible? You are doing this on purpose or something?
In order to do that i need to re mod the whole game, im currently at the chapter 2, it takes some time as i have other things to do, like working, plus, this isn't even my job, i know it can be quite frustrating to wait for a mod update but im doing my best to do something qualitative

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
In order to do that i need to re mod the whole game, im currently at the chapter 2, it takes some time as i have other things to do, like working, plus, this isn't even my job, i know it can be quite frustrating to wait for a mod update but im doing my best to do something qualitative
Yyy...? I can be wrong but the all it takes is to put textbutton _("Replay Gallery") action ShowMenu("replay_gallery") line into screens.rpy in it's original place. I compared both files - yours and the original one - and I'm not even sure why you are messing with it in the first place.

This would simply show back gallery button and the only thing to do is put back to your code lines to unlock particular replays. Of course, I know you are doing it for fun and you got other things to do but... it would take like 10 minutes? I just compared (using simple plugin for Notepad++) original file and your modded one (chapter 1, scene 4) and to unlock the scene there is just label julia_ch1: at the start and $ renpy.end_replay() at the end of scene. So you could basicallyctrl+f through all original files looking for ending code and you will know where (in which files) are the scenes, then simply copy/paste 2 lines in total like 37 files.

Am I missing something here? To be clear, I'm thankful to you and anyone putting effort and own time by modding etc but in this case your mod removes gallery which is pretty big issue in my opinion and to fix this, just like I said, it takes like 10-15 minutes of work and seeing you active here means you have this time and yet you didn't fix that. Maybe you lost a bigger picture and are trying to fix that in some more time consuming way or something, if that would be the case then I'm glad I could help you showing easier way.

zinacke

Modder
Feb 13, 2020
Yyy...? I can be wrong but the all it takes is to put textbutton _("Replay Gallery") action ShowMenu("replay_gallery") line into screens.rpy in it's original place. I compared both files - yours and the original one - and I'm not even sure why you are messing with it in the first place.

This would simply show back gallery button and the only thing to do is put back to your code lines to unlock particular replays. Of course, I know you are doing it for fun and you got other things to do but... it would take like 10 minutes? I just compared (using simple plugin for Notepad++) original file and your modded one (chapter 1, scene 4) and to unlock the scene there is just label julia_ch1: at the start and $ renpy.end_replay() at the end of scene. So you could basicallyctrl+f through all original files looking for ending code and you will know where (in which files) are the scenes, then simply copy/paste 2 lines in total like 37 files.

Am I missing something here? To be clear, I'm thankful to you and anyone putting effort and own time by modding etc but in this case your mod removes gallery which is pretty big issue in my opinion and to fix this, just like I said, it takes like 10-15 minutes of work and seeing you active here means you have this time and yet you didn't fix that. Maybe you lost a bigger picture and are trying to fix that in some more time consuming way or something, if that would be the case then I'm glad I could help you showing easier way.
To be honest i have not yet tried to fix this gallery things, for me its not a big deal that needs a update right away, i will update it like in a few hours so you won't have to wait for the new mod. anyways, thanks for the fix, it will surely saves me some time.

davkassilentall

Sep 12, 2020
zinacke getting a bunch of undefined name errors for the menu in scene 3 at line 108

Julia2 Julia_2 and Michaela2 all error out. I noticed Julia2 and Julia_2 aren't defined in mod.rpy but Michaela2 is so not sure if that's where those are supposed to be defined or not.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/chapters/chapter1/scene3.rpy", line 108, in script
    menu:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 211, in execute
    screen choice(items):
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 211, in execute
    screen choice(items):
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 214, in execute
    vbox:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 215, in execute
    for i in items:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 216, in execute
    textbutton i.caption action i.action
NameError: Name 'Julia2' is not defined.

Reactions: jasonvorhees
Nov 23, 2020
Hello, I have a question regarding the mod, it might skip the elena sex scene/confession and replaces it with micaela's scene and the ending with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

LM10PRIME

Mar 4, 2024
Hello I think there's a bug that causing us not to be on elena's path regardless of our choice
I picked the 2nd choice and she didn't rejected me either, but I missed all of the main scenes with her on ch 6 and she ended up getting kidnapped in the end
Even if I reject everyone and focus solely on elena, she is the one getting kidnapped in the end of ch 6

Deathangel

Jul 14, 2017
Hello I think there's a bug that causing us not to be on elena's path regardless of our choice
I picked the 2nd choice and she didn't rejected me either, but I missed all of the main scenes with her on ch 6 and she ended up getting kidnapped in the end
Even if I reject everyone and focus solely on elena, she is the one getting kidnapped in the end of ch 6
look at the post over yours