Second Instance

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
To all Devs using DAZ Studio, I came across this on youtube.

If you watch this video then he refers to this after talking about using a beta version as a second instance.
It is a script to run a second instance of DAZ, so you could be preparing a new scene while rendering one you finished.
If you use this it is at your own risk. It works for me, although I am no Dev but like to dabble.
I have attached the file

Reactions: zegamez and fuck925

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
Ok dse is a compiled script, I watched the video and he does seam genuine, but I don't undestand why it would be encrypted.

Thank you for sharing this find, but just so you know, you can run a basic daz version, and a public beta version of daz at the same time.

Not only that, you can just copy/past a previous version of daz and run it, and it will run right next to the other versions.

Here is my main screen showing 4 versions of daz:

Sans titre-5.jpg

The reason I answer so "much" is because dse is a compiled format, and for a daz user to save his script in that format, it is either to sell, or something else. If this script lets you use the same installation twice, then I would understand. And thank you for sharing. But I will not run the script, so if someone else does, let us know!

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
Ok dse is a compiled script, I watched the video and he does seam genuine, but I don't undestand why it would be encrypted.

Thank you for sharing this find, but just so you know, you can run a basic daz version, and a public beta version of daz at the same time.

Not only that, you can just copy/past a previous version of daz and run it, and it will run right next to the other versions.

Here is my main screen showing 4 versions of daz:

View attachment 1215456

The reason I answer so "much" is because dse is a compiled format, and for a daz user to save his script in that format, it is either to sell, or something else. If this script lets you use the same installation twice, then I would understand. And thank you for sharing. But I will not run the script, so if someone else does, let us know!
Thanks for that.
The script does let you use the same installation twice, but for me running 3 or 4 different versions of Daz is using up un-necessary harddrive space imo.
It is something I thought may interest some, but each to their own.

Screenshot (9).png

• Red Heart
Reactions: Madmanator99

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
  • Haha
Reactions: Madmanator99