• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Second Chance Romance [Chapter 1] [J-Cup]

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Pretty good. While the MC "past" is kinda harsh, it still feels well since we know it WILL be better.
Basicly MC gets cheated and cucked on, but the best part is its not shown. Here is purely for the story how I like my "under dog" or "revenge" type of stories where the MC have to climb back.

I enjoyed how the MC was, despite all what the wife did to him ( tho I really cant hate her THAT since from the dialog it seemed she also had some love left for him, at last something.)
I hear that the MC became at the end of this release a chad, at least his body, but his personality is still the same. So a slow burn it is, which I also like.

The Naomi scenes were good, but could have done better. IMO the reflection of MC after that kinda happend to fast but I will take it.

With that said, its focused on romance, which I like.
2 things I would as the dev.:
I read you planned a good amount of girls for the story, one of them is the wife.
While Im not saying you have to do it in that way ( you probably already have something in mind), I would welcome to either see the Ex-wife "suffering".

With "suffering" I mean she realised at some point she made a huge mistake after she encounters him alone, or with his new BF. Or MC even starts to cuck him behind his back, while slowely reclaiming her.
Also what I would know if in the far future a Harem is planned or even possible here ?

Aero34

Oct 11, 2018
I am writing down all the suggestions for improvement...do you mean something that would get you to next dialogue or to the next place where you have to do some decision?
Pretty sure he means to skip through dialogue, like how in most games you can skip through with CTRL. But he could also mean to skip minigames and such in addition to skipping through dialogue. Usually the people that want this are the ones that only care about lewd scenes in games and just here for a quick fap.

Reactions: J-Cup_

Aero34

Oct 11, 2018
Also just a tip, feel free to take it or not. But I do believe if you change the thumbnail of the game to something more exciting, like one of the sexy females you have in your game or anything that is more lewd/sexy/exciting, I do think it will help quite a lot with drawing more people to your game. Cause sex sells, especially on a forum like F95Zone and people tend to generally focus more on the thumbnail/images rather then the title for their first impressions. And first impressions is HUGE. This is from my experience of playing games here since 2018. Just my two cents! :)

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I'll go even further: a lot of them are going to start complaining before trying the game and you've been around here enough to know it's true.
XD yeah

Me: James good
Trader: TBH, I don't think "James" is a particularly good hill to die on
Me: *starts barking like an angry chihuahua* my hill! stay away!

I mostly just wanted to proved some other perspective since you were the only other user giving lots of feed back and suggestions. as you may have noticed I intentionally wrote a bit more lazy and silly, using only opinions ( but factually they are still wrong ;p )

but yeah, a big part of game making is figuring out what battles to fight, and what's not worth one's time.

I do believe if you change the thumbnail of the game to something more exciting,
yeah, credit to K3NJ1 for making the thread so soon, on the main game page the game looks like this, using the itch io banner image. which while I think is nice, I do agree with Aero34, as it is now the game banner doesn't really pop, and a lot of users just see the image only, so you'll need an image that will kind of communicate what kind of game it is, ie lots of girls, and other characters further to the side, but dog in center, because the dog is actually the most important :p

1671752528073.png
this is what most players see, maybe the main logo to the left side like most of the others you see in this image, and the main character on the right, and all the others in the center, this way having the main character to the right, slightly closer in frame, to let it be clear who the MC is. similar to the opala image below.

edit, joined the patreon and I see you do have something that would work, that first wall paper, maybe mixing in that with the itch io banner?

Last edited:

K3NJ1

I'm so smart it hurts
Modder
Donor
Jul 26, 2018
XD yeah

I mostly just wanted to proved some other perspective since you were the only other user giving lots of feed back and suggestions. as you may have noticed I intentionally wrote a bit more lazy and silly, using only opinions ( but factually they are still wrong ;p )

but yeah, a big part of game making is figuring out what battles to fight, and what's not worth one's time.

yeah, credit to K3NJ1 for making the thread so soon, on the main game page the game looks like this, using the itch io banner image. which while I think is nice, I do agree with Aero34, as it is now the game banner doesn't really pop, and a lot of users just see the image only, so you'll need an image that will kind of communicate what kind of game it is, ie lots of girls, and other characters further to the side, but dog in center, because the dog is actually the most important :p

View attachment 2256218
this is what most players see, maybe the main logo to the left side like most of the others you see in this image, and the main character on the right, and all the others in the center, this way having the main character to the right, slightly closer in frame, to let it be clear who the MC is. similar to the opala image below.

edit, joined the patreon and I see you do have something that would work, that first wall paper, maybe mixing in that with the itch io banner?
It's all down to the developer.
That said...

I can make changes whenever you want J-Cup_
If you would like something added, or changed on the OP then please let me know whenever.
It is your game after all :)

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
Yeah, sorry! I started giving away personal opinions about which fights are worthy, like somebody is bound to care... Next thing I'll know I'll be leaving messages on games that I don't intend to play saying that I'm not going to play them. :rolleyes:
The slippery slope toward entitlement. :ROFLMAO:

J-Cup_

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2022
It's all down to the developer.
That said...

I can make changes whenever you want J-Cup_
If you would like something added, or changed on the OP then please let me know whenever.
It is your game after all :)
Thanks K3NJ1, I will let you know, once I have some updates. I will definitely consider changing the banner to make it more visually attractive. I am "just" developer and not artist, so I have to rely on my creative partner in crime with graphic changes :cool:

Reactions: K3NJ1

J-Cup_

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2022
Pretty good. While the MC "past" is kinda harsh, it still feels well since we know it WILL be better.
Basicly MC gets cheated and cucked on, but the best part is its not shown. Here is purely for the story how I like my "under dog" or "revenge" type of stories where the MC have to climb back.

I enjoyed how the MC was, despite all what the wife did to him ( tho I really cant hate her THAT since from the dialog it seemed she also had some love left for him, at last something.)
I hear that the MC became at the end of this release a chad, at least his body, but his personality is still the same. So a slow burn it is, which I also like.

The Naomi scenes were good, but could have done better. IMO the reflection of MC after that kinda happend to fast but I will take it.

With that said, its focused on romance, which I like.
2 things I would as the dev.:
I read you planned a good amount of girls for the story, one of them is the wife.
While Im not saying you have to do it in that way ( you probably already have something in mind), I would welcome to either see the Ex-wife "suffering".

With "suffering" I mean she realised at some point she made a huge mistake after she encounters him alone, or with his new BF. Or MC even starts to cuck him behind his back, while slowely reclaiming her.
Also what I would know if in the far future a Harem is planned or even possible here ?
Hi Valerio, thanks for your valuable feedback. I am happy you like the story so far.

Yes the wife will definitely be suffering and since I the game will have multiple-ends, you will be even able to choose how to make her suffer. I plan something like "every critical choice you make at some key points in the game will define, who you are". Based on that, you can make her suffer in a various different ways stemming from showing her that you are better off without her to her being chained in the underground chamber.

Regarding the harem - I had an idea that can probably be considered a harem. But not in a traditional sense. But it will be basically multitude of girls, knowing of each other and in a way competing for MC's attention and possibility to sleep with him. Does that sound intriguing?

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Hi Valerio, thanks for your valuable feedback. I am happy you like the story so far.

Yes the wife will definitely be suffering and since I the game will have multiple-ends, you will be even able to choose how to make her suffer. I plan something like "every critical choice you make at some key points in the game will define, who you are". Based on that, you can make her suffer in a various different ways stemming from showing her that you are better off without her to her being chained in the underground chamber.

Regarding the harem - I had an idea that can probably be considered a harem. But not in a traditional sense. But it will be basically multitude of girls, knowing of each other and in a way competing for MC's attention and possibility to sleep with him. Does that sound intriguing?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Intriguing it is since there will be many chicks doing it at the same time haha. From what you just said it can be called Harem, or at least has Harem elements but its probably wont end with a Harem. Perhaps we know more about the characters and the plot this also could be possible.

Getting the wife some payback is always nice. Letting her feel the pain she made the worst mistake ever is statisfaction pure gold, but we probably also wanna bang her too keke :LUL:.

Also what I didnt mentioned but was also awesome -> Voice Actor at the beginning of the game. Perhaps much later in the game where the finances are secured, how about having each one of the characters having a Voice acter too ?

J-Cup_

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Intriguing it is since there will be many chicks doing it at the same time haha. From what you just said it can be called Harem, or at least has Harem elements but its probably wont end with a Harem. Perhaps we know more about the characters and the plot this also could be possible.

Getting the wife some payback is always nice. Letting her feel the pain she made the worst mistake ever is statisfaction pure gold, but we probably also wanna bang her too keke :LUL:.

Also what I didnt mentioned but was also awesome -> Voice Actor at the beginning of the game. Perhaps much later in the game where the finances are secured, how about having each one of the characters having a Voice acter too ?
Yes, she will definitely be banged...revenge will be one of the first elements in the next chapters. So you will for sure have an option to make her swirl like a worm...first by having your way with her, and then by letting her know, who you are (possibly).

Yes, I love the idea of giving character a distinct voice. If money allows it, this will be among the first things I would like to do.

And I would also like to secure an in-house dedicated composer. Actually, I have a specific one in mind. Most of the music in the chapter one (main menu, mini-game, also end credits) is from this person. If I get enough support, I would like to reach out and ask for long-term co-operation. The game needs some background music and if it is made for exact purpose, it will always fit better.

cappy99

Jan 5, 2018
Sorry to be so negative, but I couldn't play this. The art looked incredible, so I was excited to give it a go, but...

...the super-slow scrolling, unskippable text was just too painful to suffer through.

At this point in time, this is not a game. It's a text story. Some people are into that! I'm not. Hopefully in a year or two the dev will get this shaped into something a bit more interactive and a bit more tolerable. At the very least, even if I continue to hate later iterations of the game, I look forward to seeing the artwork.

Sartain

Jul 4, 2017
Sorry to be so negative, but I couldn't play this. The art looked incredible, so I was excited to give it a go, but...

...the super-slow scrolling, unskippable text was just too painful to suffer through.

At this point in time, this is not a game. It's a text story. Some people are into that! I'm not. Hopefully in a year or two the dev will get this shaped into something a bit more interactive and a bit more tolerable. At the very least, even if I continue to hate later iterations of the game, I look forward to seeing the artwork.
I completely agree, as a fast reader this was basically insufferable to me, which is a shame because the premise seems good and the writing seems pretty decent too, I just don't have 30-60 minutes to waste on a rather plodding and stereotypical introductory exposition, so I gave up after giving it second chance due to the otherwise high production value

Reactions: cappy99 and J-Cup_

J-Cup_

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2022
I completely agree, as a fast reader this was basically insufferable to me, which is a shame because the premise seems good and the writing seems pretty decent too, I just don't have 30-60 minutes to waste on a rather plodding and stereotypical introductory exposition, so I gave up after giving it second chance due to the otherwise high production value
Hello folks, I can not hold that against you. Only thing I can say is that I will reflect that in the next version and will add features to accomodate people who read faster and not limit them in their way of consuming the content. Thank you for valuable feedback (y)

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
I figured, i like the art style.
Then I figured, shit - those animations are really lousy.
Then I figured - let's try to rip the game apart.

Then I saw this
frame-01.png frame-02.png frame-03.png
This is the ENTIRE sequence of images in one of the two animations in the game.

Then I thought, this is fucking not good enough in 2023.

And, I also thought, why the fuck have a sandbox/freeroam interface on the top if it's not in use?
That's right - it's never used.

I also thought, it's been so long since this (first) release that this is probably what we'll ever get to see.

I'm also checking the text in game and it seems to me that it's a developer from a country under embargo (take a wild guess), based on the mistakes in the English grammar. Which means if i'm right, I'm gonna stop following this game RIGHT NOW.

(BTW: too fucking much unskippable TEXT!!!)

PS: The unpacked game archive (that will run fine) is here:

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
this is fucking not good enough in 2023
I wont respond to the majority of your response since public projects like these are fair game to criticism, and I can tell your response wasn't half-assed. You put in energy and effort into evaluating the project before typing out a response, however, I can't help but feel that your response is a bit 'disconnected.'

It's not too uncommon for users to demand more from developers, without sympathy nor any appreciation for how much effort or complexity it would take to meet certain demands. I too would like to see more time put into cleaning up the animation scenes (obvious disconnect between the high quality of the art vs the very rudimentary animation implementation), such as using spine 2D to animate the still image as the most 'immediate' method I could see to start making smooth animations.

The only reason I'm responding is my gripe with the above quoted phrase. Sure, as things advance, more tools and better techniques become available that allow us to do more than what we could before, so I can understand your expectations and standards would be higher for more recent projects that what you would expect from older abandoned projects from years past. But, overall I felt like you wrote your response with the assumption (expectations) that these are 'professional' developers... when in fact these are what I would classify as 'casual' developers. I don't know how much you look into these types of projects, specifically if you've tried developing your own project so that you have a bit of perspective of what can and can't be expected of 'casual' devs, but I feel that once you understand that these are not 'professionals' who are not trying to make a 'professional' project, that you'll then understand that most of your criticism is non-applicable. (or at least the argument that this is 2023 is not a sound argument to support your case).

If you do want to see the project get better, or the animation quality is what really kills it for you (besides the unskippable text, I think everyone disliked it), simply make that the focus of your response, make it clear that you would 'really like' to see the animating receive a polish pass in future updates, providing arguments and 'constructive suggestions' to support your interest as needed. I.E. Argument: Obvious improvement to quality and professionalism; Constructive suggestion: Commission this guy to do the animations.

Zemax

☠︎︎ The real world is where the monsters are ☠︎︎
Modder
Uploader
Aug 19, 2022
The art is great

LorfOfPotatoes

Oct 4, 2018
i feel like over a year with no updates or postings from the dev means this should be marked abandoned

which is a shame because i was looking forward to this one

Reactions: NeZKyMaN

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
Whatever it is that has happened to the development, I hope the dev will resume in the future. The new artstyle preview on Patreon looks really good, but the current artstyle is already superb in my opinion. I'm fine with either of them. I hope the dev will pick the game back up in the near future.