Ren'Py Script.rpy with .zlib files?

FlareLV

Oct 26, 2020
Hi! I'm a beginner in translation for visual novels. My first project is translate the game "Dandelion: whises brought to you", an otome game made in Renpy in 2012.

The thing is that I access to the "script.rpy" to start the translation, but I realize that there's .zlib files there, instead of the dialogues as text. My question is: Somehow, the .zlib files can contain the dialogues? That's the only conexion that I have. If that's the case, how can I decompress or work with them? What tools can I use?

I don't know about .zlib files and this is the last piece to complete my translation. I'll be really grateful If you can help me guys :)
PD: I'm newbie in programming too, so please you can explain it in an easy way? Thanks :D

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
The thing is that I access to the "script.rpy" to start the translation, but I realize that there's .zlib files there, instead of the dialogues as text
So it's not the "script.rpy" file, but the "script.rpyc" one.

What tools can I use?
Look at the sticky threads at top of this section, you'll find what you are searching.

I don't know about .zlib files and this is the last piece to complete my translation.
No it isn't.
Edition of the original source isn't how you should translate a Ren'py game. It have to be redone every single time an update is released, else you'll risk to revert the changes made in the game, and it break the skip feature.
Ren'py come with native translation feature that you should use instead. Search a little on this forum, there's many threads regarding this subject.

FlareLV

Oct 26, 2020
No, I converted all the .rypc to .rpy :(
I decompress all the scripts, that were inside of a .rpa file.
Something that I found is that Dandelion works with a lot of "script.rpy" files, but all of them came with this .zlib files

Also I don't think that I'll have problems with updates and things like that. The game is very old and isn't been updated since a long time.