Saving Games.

Cornfield

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
I have downloaded and watched many Games, making a Save as that version/chapter/episode ended and then kept the Game on my PC.
When the next episode/version/chapter appears, I check if my old Save is valid on it and then delete the previously saved Game.

My question is, do I have to keep these old episodes, or will my Save naturally appear on the new episode ?

My storage is getting full.:)

U

User_10739

Make sure you delete the rar files, and after you finish an update if you are starving for space delete the game files and keep the save folder.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
I have downloaded and watched many Games, making a Save as that version/chapter/episode ended and then kept the Game on my PC.
When the next episode/version/chapter appears, I check if my old Save is valid on it and then delete the previously saved Game.

My question is, do I have to keep these old episodes, or will my Save naturally appear on the new episode ?

My storage is getting full.:)
Depends on the game. Ren'Py and Unity seem to hide save files in your temp folders somewhere as well. So I usually get away with deleting the whole game. However that's not always true. Usually I just save the saves folder itself if I'm worried.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Like Darth said, in ren'py it also saves the files to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Renpy\GameFolderNameTheCreatorSetUp
So you could go ahead and delete those game folders. But some creators change this savegame folder with each and every release, so it won't find the savegames anymore.
Best thing would be to just backup the savegames that are in the game folder, then delete everything else (+ the ones in the C:\Users\*** folder. With the next version you place the savegame folder back inside the game folder, and after starting the game it moves those old saves to the new savegame folder on C:\Users\****\GameFolderNameTheCreatorSetUp