Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
1. No I am not playing on Mac. Windows 10 x64.

2. It was literally my very first playthrough. I got scene undefined which means it wasn't coded (along with control f). I'd include the traceback with all the errors but I've deleted the game folder sorry

3. Honestly I won't try and tell you how do your game but if I were you I'd ping a mod with updated links immediately. Having a majorly bugged version on the web will not help you get patrons.
There was an unsigned variable error which was fixed a little after we first put out the link (I think it was 40-50 minutes later). While I don't like that there is a bugged version of the game out, that is a risk people take when they pirate the game, and it would hurt my business more to hand out free versions of patron-only builds.

I remember this game, I tried an early demo and it looked very promising, the concept was great.

About the quote: you say "day one". How many days should the game last when it'll be finished?
We're aiming for three days at the moment, since we're trying to cram as much content as possible into each day and with the different routes that starts to build up production time. Going for more days runs the risk of making days which feel empty, or ending up in development hell forever. Three is a nice round number.

Carmen is so awesome! <3

She is just the right amount of smart, dangerous and seductive. She is THE unique selling point of this game. Haven't seen a character like her in any other VNs (especially considering the unique setting).
Thank you! It's so much fun to write for her. Sanguine Rose is kind of a typical corruption game, it's just that the person doing the corrupting isn't the player, which I don't think has been done as much as it could be.

I hope she won't be easily bested by those potatoes who keep her "prisoner". :D
Great, now I have to make an alternate Day 3 ending where Carmen calls the gang potatoes x'D

L

Lenor

There was an unsigned variable error which was fixed a little after we first put out the link (I think it was 40-50 minutes later). While I don't like that there is a bugged version of the game out, that is a risk people take when they pirate the game, and it would hurt my business more to hand out free versions of patron-only builds.
No, what is hurting your business is a broken build. People will play it and not pledge because it's not good enough. You're way better off providing fixes for already pirated versions of the game.

People will like you for providing free fixes even if they're some dirty pirates, that's free positive publicity.

I suggest you research a bit more about marketing or customer (in this case potential customers) service. Or just ignore what I said and not do anything about it, what do I know.

Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
No, what is hurting your business is a broken build. People will play it and not pledge because it's not good enough. You're way better off providing fixes for already pirated versions of the game.

People will like you for providing free fixes even if they're some dirty pirates, that's free positive publicity.

I suggest you research a bit more about marketing or customer (in this case potential customers) service. Or just ignore what I said and not do anything about it, what do I know.
Free publicity doesn't put food on the table, especially when our actual paying patrons feel betrayed that we're handing out free copies. As I've said before, I'm not going to bemoan that the game gets pirated, I can't stop patrons posting builds, but that doesn't mean I have to be the one to post it. The build isn't broken, there's less than a half dozen errors, most of which can be skipped by clicking Ignore, and all content can be played even if certain routes throw up errors. The actual version we have out has these errors fixed, and I've not been made aware of any more. I get where you're coming from, and I appreciate that you think it would help, but we have to put our paying supporters first.

waxall

Nov 13, 2017
I just played the renpy version and was pleasantly surprised by the day one demo. I like the various routes and see some interesting options. Carmen is of course the feature but I was only hoping for a 3 some with the dom and sub orc girls. Their drawings are very well done and I am now wondering between this and "Kingdom of Deception" if I am developing an orc fetish... can that be a thing? lol. I thing think the use of the animated artwork was a nice touch but not overdone to take away from the beauty of the drawings. This appears to a be on the way to "all roads lead to a bad end...just depends on how much you like your bad" So I agree with the potatoes comment. I would not be surprised if the General staged this for her own get away weekend.

Kendra

Apr 10, 2017
There is always a stage when the devs start crying loud about pirating on the pirate forums :D And then it becomes acceptance and appreciating the new possibilities to communicate with a product funs who can't/don't want to pay, but also can provide some intresting ideas, mentions bugs and so on :)

Reactions: Namco15

Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
I just played the renpy version and was pleasantly surprised by the day one demo. I like the various routes and see some interesting options. Carmen is of course the feature but I was only hoping for a 3 some with the dom and sub orc girls. Their drawings are very well done and I am now wondering between this and "Kingdom of Deception" if I am developing an orc fetish... can that be a thing? lol. I thing think the use of the animated artwork was a nice touch but not overdone to take away from the beauty of the drawings. This appears to a be on the way to "all roads lead to a bad end...just depends on how much you like your bad" So I agree with the potatoes comment. I would not be surprised if the General staged this for her own get away weekend.
Thanks, we're toying around with ideas for a threesome with Glasha and Crow, but we're careful to make sure it fits the narrative of the game so far. It's a possibility for Day 2 and Day 3, since that's where we're putting most threesome type scenes. As for all roads leading to a bad end... Maybe? We prefer to think that the journey is much more important than the destination :coldsweat:

There is always a stage when the devs start crying loud about pirating on the pirate forums :D And then it becomes acceptance and appreciating the new possibilities to communicate with a product funs who can't/don't want to pay, but also can provide some intresting ideas, mentions bugs and so on :)
Oh definitely. I wouldn't want to alienate the base here since it's the second most vocal community with regards to feedback and talking about our game (the first being our own discord which I don't really think counts, but if anyone is interested in shitposting and discussing lore then feel free to join us). We've accepted that piracy is a thing and it's in our best interest to engage the community since all feedback is important. We only really draw the line at being complicit in leaks ourselves, either by encouraging patrons to leak paid content or by leaking it ourselves. In my opinion, it's better to have people pirating your content than people not caring enough to pirate it.

PsychoFoxOne

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
How far in development is this game? Can the story be finished? Is there a final release date?

Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
How far in development is this game? Can the story be finished? Is there a final release date?
Currently the game consists of Day 1, with 3 being planned in total. The build posted here contains an additional scene from Day 2, and we have another $10 build which contains four additional scenes. We don't have a final release date yet, but we're about half way into development.

I forgot about this game for so long. I think I played this like 2 years ago lol
I'm impressed you managed to play it before I coded the first line x'D I think our first concept scene was October 2016, with the first H scene released about a month or two later. I agree though, it feels like longer.

enkephalin07

Dec 13, 2017
I'm not a fan of VN's, but this art is really tempting. If the music doesn't hook me, then the art won't be enough, though.

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
oh noes,random anon doesnt like our game,what we gonna do ?!?
70% of the games on this site are VNs.

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
love the artstyle, carmen is absolute babe :heartcoveredeyes: please tell me that we will see a lot more from her. i just wish the story was moving, rather than "just" giving so many choices. also, is the dev a woman, kinda have this feeling

Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
love the artstyle, carmen is absolute babe :heartcoveredeyes: please tell me that we will see a lot more from her. i just wish the story was moving, rather than "just" giving so many choices. also, is the dev a woman, kinda have this feeling
Duski (our artist) is a woman. Hallows is a guy. We're currently wrapping up an anal scene with Carmen :D I hope this will satiate your Carmen needs once released.

gralthan

May 21, 2017
Duski (our artist)
Well, give Duski a huge fucking round of applause. This game's art is hand down the best one in any h games, absolutely amazing quality. Also, another one for making possibly the first gorgeous orc character ever, completely fallen in love with Crow. For all I care she could be the only character in the game.

Reactions: lots`o`fap

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Yeah, the art is top, but the game is still bugged in renpy. A some point you're sent back to the previous choices, plus some choices are bugged too.

Heliophorus

Jan 6, 2018
Doesn't look like my type of game in terms on how scenes are written but art is really great, wish more games had it.

4.30 star(s) 77 Votes