Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Added links to 1.1.0.

The DuskyHallows team have just switched from Flash to Ren'Py, and this is the first release in the new engine. If you encounter any bugs just clicking 'ignore' should be ok.

I'm amazed this game hasn't got more attention, the art is fantastic. Hopefully the engine switch will attract some more fans.

Kendra

Apr 10, 2017
I'm amazed this game hasn't got more attention, the art is fantastic.
The art is amazing, but this is a game, not a picture...
There is not so much of a gameplay and it doesn't progress much with a time :(

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
Added links to 1.1.0.

The DuskyHallows team have just switched from Flash to Ren'Py, and this is the first release in the new engine. If you encounter any bugs just clicking 'ignore' should be ok.

I'm amazed this game hasn't got more attention, the art is fantastic. Hopefully the engine switch will attract some more fans.
thank christ

Reactions: ponyguy

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Is there new content or they just switched the engine?
The version that was last posted was 1.0.1, this main changes between this version and the old version are 1 new 'concept' scene playable from the main menu, engine switch, and reworked HD CGs. I've added a full changelog to the OP.

The art is amazing, but this is a game, not a picture...
There is not so much of a gameplay and it doesn't progress much with a time :(
It's a VN with quite a few paths for day 1, IIRC they were planning on having Day 2 ready in December but the engine switch pushed that back. Hopefully day 2 will be dropping soon.

Reactions: Krull and ponyguy

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Added links to 1.1.0.

The game is beyond bugged. Some of the choices aren't even coded. Using jump to watch the scenes

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
How much content is in the game so far?
A good amount but disregard the mod comments it's bugged asf. You basically have to read the code and follow the choices as you go along. I also got an out memory error which is strange because I have 64 gigs of ram.

Team needs to raid this release.

Reactions: DrackDrap

Frosty2000

Nov 16, 2017
Good that they switched to Renpy. Weird that they didn't start with it in the first place...
Anyway stopped my pledge before since progress was too slow imho. If they can offer regular updates I will most likely pledge some money again. Will have to observe a while though.

S

Steepii

I really like the art, it's really well done. Corruption and domination is not something that gets me going, but I will keep an eye on the games further development.

Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
The game is beyond bugged. Some of the choices aren't even coded. Using jump to watch the scenes
We had a few bugs after we first posted the release (fixed now) which probably haven't been updated here yet. I can't think of any unimplemented choices though, can you give an example?

How much content is in the game so far?
There's five H-scenes in day one and an additional concept scene accessible from the main menu. Three of the five H-scenes have variations with different artwork. There's 54 items to unlock in the gallery, and about 30,000 words last time I checked but I reckon a lot of that is similar chunks of dialogue in different routes.

A good amount but disregard the mod comments it's bugged asf. You basically have to read the code and follow the choices as you go along. I also got an out memory error which is strange because I have 64 gigs of ram.

Team needs to raid this release.
Are you playing on Mac? The only memory error we've heard about so far has been on mac. Other than that the game can be played from start to finish without crashing (at least on the version we currently have up). If you could provide any more info on any bugs I'd be happy to look into them.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
We had a few bugs after we first posted the release (fixed now) which probably haven't been updated here yet. I can't think of any unimplemented choices though, can you give an example?

There's five H-scenes in day one and an additional concept scene accessible from the main menu. Three of the five H-scenes have variations with different artwork. There's 54 items to unlock in the gallery, and about 30,000 words last time I checked but I reckon a lot of that is similar chunks of dialogue in different routes.

Are you playing on Mac? The only memory error we've heard about so far has been on mac. Other than that the game can be played from start to finish without crashing (at least on the version we currently have up). If you could provide any more info on any bugs I'd be happy to look into them.
1. No I am not playing on Mac. Windows 10 x64.

2. It was literally my very first playthrough. I got scene undefined which means it wasn't coded (along with control f). I'd include the traceback with all the errors but I've deleted the game folder sorry

3. Honestly I won't try and tell you how do your game but if I were you I'd ping a mod with updated links immediately. Having a majorly bugged version on the web will not help you get patrons.

Qwasar

Apr 20, 2017
I remember this game, I tried an early demo and it looked very promising, the concept was great.

About the quote: you say "day one". How many days should the game last when it'll be finished?

5ever

Jul 21, 2017
Carmen is so awesome! <3

She is just the right amount of smart, dangerous and seductive. She is THE unique selling point of this game. Haven't seen a character like her in any other VNs (especially considering the unique setting).

I hope she won't be easily bested by those potatoes who keep her "prisoner". :D

4.30 star(s) 77 Votes