QSP Abandoned Saint Petersburg Adventures [v1.02 test] [toolkitxx]

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
After you visited the clinic and swallowed the chip is there any more content i gone home in the kitchen and after the hunger bar appears the game bugs out i can not eat in the kitchen and no option works..?
Just a few minor things actually until i reconnect all the modules for the next update again.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Since some might have had the impression that i dont listen to suggestions or concerns:

I will be including a secondary navigation purely for moving around locations as top navigation in the main window which works with a single click. It will look roughly like the screenshot below and will work in parallel with the current action-based one. I would like feedback then how people feel about the top-one before i remove the action-based one.

top-nav text.PNG

P.S.: For those eager to test it in its raw form i attach a zip with the changed qsp and css file. Please make backups of the current ones before overwriting!

Reactions: CulayTL

Sunshine999

Oct 5, 2017
That is modern and not tradionally. Quote'Some systems use numerical versions less than 1 (such as 0.9), to suggest their approach toward a final "1.0" release. This is a common convention in . However, if the pre-release version is for an existing software package (e.g. version 2.5), then an "a" or "alpha" may be appended to the version number. So the alpha version of the 2.5 release might be identified as 2.5a or 2.5.a. '

I am from an age where there wasnt any open source on the horizon at all. I gave a clear idea how i number the versions as info not to discuss if it was smart or right. Its just as it is so people can follow along.
If you want to improve one set of coding skills (versioning) you might want to look at with the optional incremental build number.

As for 1.0 or 0.1, the current standard across the entire industry is to keep it "version zero" until the core set of features is finished, which means until the basic items in your engine are done.

Now if you are not interested into moving into software engineering, all I said is kinda useless, and you can just make up any number you like - with the result of frustrating your users.

Reactions: IceAgony

radical686

Nov 30, 2018
I'm not gonna download this right now, but I like the idea of it. It looks promising, so I'm adding it to my watch list. But, I am going to wait for some newer more refined versions.

Reactions: toolkitxx
Oct 15, 2016
Sadly, the player does not work. Neither the 32 bit, nor the 64 bit version. I don't know what was wrong with the old player. Progress is unstoppable.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Sadly, the player does not work. Neither the 32 bit, nor the 64 bit version. I don't know what was wrong with the old player. Progress is unstoppable.
The old player was very old, very restrictive and also quite buggy at times. You are the first that cant run either player unless other just havnt reported it. Would you mind providing more info how you start it, your platform etc? @Sonnix will most definitly be interested in that info too!

sluttysissy147

Aug 9, 2017
Just a note when i had a quick look at the game it states that through the player cration screen which is at the very start your birthday is 2002 which cant be changed, therefore making you 15!? even with the legal bit at the start thats kinda fucked up

Azriel Satan

Jul 27, 2017
Just a note when i had a quick look at the game it states that through the player cration screen which is at the very start your birthday is 2002 which cant be changed, therefore making you 15!? even with the legal bit at the start thats kinda fucked up
Is it fucked up, or does the country you live in just say its fucked up, post-pubescent its more a a cultural thing then anything else.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Well you can always be a good girl who studies hard instead of sucking cocks for smokes or booze

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
1. What @mrme said
2. I suggest looking for a study from Kaye Wellings based on 59 countries. The first time on average happens between the age of 15 and 19 - Girls with a tendency to be earlier than boys.

FluffyStudio

Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2017
Will there be a Cheat Menu? and what have you Planned for the Next Update. Just one Critic Point. The Window of the Videos are very Small. ext to the Picture even with the Lupe i csnt see Shit. İs there a Way to make them Bigger, im not that Font with QSP, or could you do somethıng with Magic and a Goat?

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Will there be a Cheat Menu? and what have you Planned for the Next Update. Just one Critic Point. The Window of the Videos are very Small. ext to the Picture even with the Lupe i csnt see Shit. İs there a Way to make them Bigger, im not that Font with QSP, or could you do somethıng with Magic and a Goat?
I like the magic and goat part - sounds like a decent offering :)
There will basically not be a cheat menu. I intend to ease the player into things money wise so they are not forced to grind for that right away. Fast travel via map is one reason i am spending time with it so players can quickly go from A to B and dont have to pass every single location on the way there - but it costs them in terms of not experiencing events on the way. Dont forget - this is not a novel with clear path and ends. The roadmap for version 2 includes fully dynamically changing personalities of NPCs where not even me as the dev will know how things play out - thus cheats are not even in my interest.

A simple example why cheating with stable base functions is not needed: the player has a calories system in the background controlling weight gain and loss currently. The BMI app in the 'basic' version tells the player when it goes up or down but doesnt show the actual calories. The player can either be 'aware' enough (int and smarts) to figure that out and get the info or upgrade the app to show more details (hacking the app is another option).

The default sizes of videos is around 500pix width currently but i will add some ways to 'enlarge' into some kind of near full frame view - probably not next update though.

Reactions: FluffyStudio

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Will you include options for automatic morning rituals (i.e: breakfast, shit n piss, shower, brush teeth, brush hair) as the only reason I used cheats in the original game is that those repetitive actions got old fast, so I was glad there were cheats to turn them off.

diablogr

Sep 19, 2017
Hello dev,

Quite promising game you got going there mate! One small suggestion (I believe it has been stated on the comments above as well).

The video showing when talking to your sister for example is really small (shown in the image below) and you cannot see it, you could make it much bigger or have it on a window pop-up like the ones showing tutorial hints.

Screenshot_2.png

Another thing I would like to suggest is to make navigation a bit more dynamic/easier for the user instead of just always moving back to the same location as a central point (e.g apartment's corridor etc) but have the option of moving to different locations as well from where you stand.

That is all for now, great work so far and expecting the newer update :)

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Hello dev,

Quite promising game you got going there mate! One small suggestion (I believe it has been stated on the comments above as well).

The video showing when talking to your sister for example is really small (shown in the image below) and you cannot see it, you could make it much bigger or have it on a window pop-up like the ones showing tutorial hints.

View attachment 208674

Another thing I would like to suggest is to make navigation a bit more dynamic/easier for the user instead of just always moving back to the same location as a central point (e.g apartment's corridor etc) but have the option of moving to different locations as well from where you stand.

That is all for now, great work so far and expecting the newer update :)
That video is actually plain out a fuckup i created by a misplaced tag in the formatting - taken as bug report already :)

How events trigger is very much dictated by the ways qsp works which again leads to how i have to structure some stuff to make it happen at all. Map travel will give you that option you are asking for.

The way events trigger and how qsp works means that i basically pass time and 'beam' you as player from a to b. But the player isnt alone in my world - other stuff is supposed to happen during this passing time. Time is tightly connected to many of the stuff in the background that you as player just see as an update to a stat or might not see at all but is required to keep things logical, intact and working properly. To stick to the exmaple from earlier: I still have to burn calories even if the player fast travels ;)

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Will you include options for automatic morning rituals (i.e: breakfast, shit n piss, shower, brush teeth, brush hair) as the only reason I used cheats in the original game is that those repetitive actions got old fast, so I was glad there were cheats to turn them off.
Yes and no. I intended to create the functions of a daily life in a way where they are important but not too much of a choir. So each of them basically became an important element but in a simplified version that isnt lethal/gamebreaking if forgotten.

I have to explain by the code to make that understandable:

If i stick to the food as example and calories. In the background is a simplified version of a real calories system. Not eating at all will burn them at some rate every hour and at some time you will end on a level where your base system gets affected. I call them states.

So when you currently become hungry you can theoretically go on for a few days before something really bad happens. Hungry is just a state and not a stat.
While being hungry you might loose some effectiveness of other stuff like speed or concentration but you wont die right away because you dont eat.

Quite the opposite - i expect the player to use the mechanics to their advantage. To gain weight with the current system requires you to really stuff yourself heavily. Connected to that system is activity in general. That burning every hour can be multiplied by extra activity thus doing sports is in your interest if you want to slim down.

BMI is a main factor when it comes to how other people perceive you. Connected to it are different bodytypes (test it by constantly eating whenever you can and you will see the app silhouette changes according to your BMI).

For me a mechanic in a game has to have some kind of meaning. I will not introduce anything unless it has real impact on relations and/or your abilities. That stuff can be pure flavour text. But if we want to have surprising situations where the player pisses him/herself because they where drinking constantly without using a toilet we might need a mechanic for toilets :)

Not showering might make you repugnant - maybe that is something you might need for certain NPCs? ;)

P.S. The mirror in the corridor is a simple pun towards youknowwhichgame. I made the phone the major interface for all the things and using it as portable mirror is one of the things that wlll be open in the next update.

laladon

Aug 24, 2016
some feedback
* the navigation through the town is really bad, you need to klicks for one single move
* the videos i saw a to small (sister in kitchen) and i didn't found a way to enlarge the videos with the software

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
some feedback
* the navigation through the town is really bad, you need to klicks for one single move
* the videos i saw a to small (sister in kitchen) and i didn't found a way to enlarge the videos with the software
Appreciate the feedback:
- Please look up a few posts - i attached a different version of the qsp with an additional navigation on top of the main window for testing which should solve the 'many-clicks' problem.
- bug created by me with a misplaced tag and wont be there with next update

FluffyStudio

Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2017
Appreciate the feedback:
- Please look up a few posts - i attached a different version of the qsp with an additional navigation on top of the main window for testing which should solve the 'many-clicks' problem.
- bug created by me with a misplaced tag and wont be there with next update

Talking about the Next Update. Do you know when this will be? And will there be new Scenes? My Opinion, take your Time. İts seem like a Really great Game and with so much Potentiall :) Dont let yourself Rushed by Guys or Girls or Trashpandas who can Wank right after they Wanked. :)

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes