RAIC

Apr 10, 2021
Potetially a stupid question: How do I change the language?
The player says it's english but the game is in russian and my russian is extremely poor.

dagreitchief

Jun 8, 2023
Potetially a stupid question: How do I change the language?
The player says it's english but the game is in russian and my russian is extremely poor.
Think that you need to download english version qsp. Or is it that both versions are russian?

mello77

Jan 9, 2018
I have been inspired by Anon88's work on Evil and I've done a couple things here and there to Rubedo.

I'm sort of just meandering through content at the moment, adding a few QOL tweaks here and there but my main additions are a fort on the edge of the western road that's holding back the cult and Lena has a brother to help her on the farm.

Is there any content you guys would like to see added/changed?
The necromancy story line is the one that comes off my head, it is a very noticeable dead end.

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
whoever said the english version is legible you are a big fat lying liar that lies a lot. the english version may as well be MTL for all the sense it makes. in fact i bet it was MTL, wasn't it? can we please put the 'english' language in the languages section to english - MTL or english - poor translation? it genuinely is pretty bad.

as an example - the word 'priests' is being used as, what i can only guess, a descriptor for the word 'crotch'. or waist, perhaps, i dont know, because it's used a startlingly large amount of times.

so yeah, this is bad.

Reactions: sparrow_rose

Serpream

Jun 7, 2018
whoever said the english version is legible you are a big fat lying liar that lies a lot. the english version may as well be MTL for all the sense it makes. in fact i bet it was MTL, wasn't it? can we please put the 'english' language in the languages section to english - MTL or english - poor translation? it genuinely is pretty bad.

as an example - the word 'priests' is being used as, what i can only guess, a descriptor for the word 'crotch'. or waist, perhaps, i dont know, because it's used a startlingly large amount of times.

so yeah, this is bad.
As much as I tried, and understand this game is abondoned, I would love to see a modern translation attempt. Even the menu terms can change on a whim and makes understanding decisions difficult in multiple cases.

Reactions: YuriiH

YuriiH

Nov 3, 2017
As much as I tried, and understand this game is abondoned, I would love to see a modern translation attempt. Even the menu terms can change on a whim and makes understanding decisions difficult in multiple cases.
You may be this person! :)
1) Unpack the game code of the Russian version with QGEN editor.
2) Ask ChatGPT to translate all Russian strings. I'm pretty sure it's smart enough to do this in rather decent way; explicitly ask to be consistent as well, so that it does a double-check; or start with menu and items, and then proceed in everything else asking to be consistent -- it will take some time, of course, but at the end you'll get something more legible.
3) Then replace the subfiles and pack everything back.
4) …
5) PROFIT!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Serpream

Serpream

Jun 7, 2018
You may be this person! :)
1) Unpack the game code of the Russian version with QGEN editor.
2) Ask ChatGPT to translate all Russian strings. I'm pretty sure it's smart enough to do this in rather decent way; explicitly ask to be consistent as well, so that it does a double-check; or start with menu and items, and then proceed in everything else asking to be consistent -- it will take some time, of course, but at the end you'll get something more legible.
3) Then replace the subfiles and pack everything back.
4) …
5) PROFIT!
Honestly I think I will do that. Thanks for the app name. I am used to translating games via Unreal Engine Game development. Not to mention got a lot of spare time at moment. Will report back if all goes well.

Reactions: YuriiH

Sega Ricono

Feb 11, 2018
I am currently attempting it, as well as throwing in some of my own "improvements" to the game. Problem is if you use automation - it will break the code, so i just gave up and doing it by hand. If i don't burnout you can probably expect it in like 6-7 months for initial release. As of now i am mostly done with real world part of it

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote