RPGM games don't start!

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Hello,
I know that there was a thread to this problem somewhere, but I can't find it anymore...

So the problem is, that everytime I want to start a RPGM game, it doesn't start. This problem appears with every RPGM game. So a small window opens and there are some folders listet, mostly of the path where the game is in.

Any ideas what I can do to solve this? It is really frustrating that I can't play any RPGM games ::|:

Thanks in advance :)

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Hi GhostPil,

A couple of questions.

1. Are you a Windows, Mac or linux user ?
2. How much Ram do you have installed beccause unlike a program such as "Renp'y" RPGMV is Ram intensive.
3. Do you have a screenshot of the "Small Window that opens"

-Boom

Reactions: GhostPhil

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Hi GhostPil,

A couple of questions.

1. Are you a Windows, Mac or linux user ?
2. How much Ram do you have installed beccause unlike a program such as "Renp'y" RPGMV is Ram intensive.
3. Do you have a screenshot of the "Small Window that opens"

-Boom
1. I use Windows
2. 32 GB
3. when I am at home I will post a screenshot here

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Also, check your antivirus. There's a handful of AV-s that keep false-detecting RPGM's, Ren'Py and Adrift executables as viruses or trojans and remove them without telling you (Windows Defender is one of the worst offenders!). Log files may tell you more.

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Also, check your antivirus. There's a handful of AV-s that keep false-detecting RPGM's, Ren'Py and Adrift executbles as viruses or trojans and remove them without telling you (Windows Defender is one of the worst offenders!). Log files may tell you more.
I already tried that. Still got the same problem. When I am home later I will post the screenshot, hope that will help to find the problem.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Have you installed the RT packages?

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018

You have different ones for each version of rpgm. Install them all :)
Ok thanks! I kind of have the feeling that this will solve my problem, thanks :)

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Ok I actually still have the problem even after installing the RTs.

So here is a picture of the window that opens:

Unbenannt111.PNG

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Ok thanks! I kind of have the feeling that this will solve my problem, thanks :)
Hi @GhostPhil
You'll only need to install those for the correct game you're playing.
RPGMV doesn't require you to install anything to play the games as the program is "shipped" with the game files you download.

As for the image you sent.... I've never come across this or had anyone else report it.
Can I ask which game it is you're trying to run ?
Ps. Possibly a screen shot of the game folder contents so I can see if anything is missing.
Example :

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Hi @GhostPhil
You'll only need to install those for the correct game you're playing.
RPGMV doesn't require you to install anything to play the games as the program is "shipped" with the game files you download.

As for the image you sent.... I've never come across this or had anyone else report it.
Can I ask which game it is you're trying to run ?
Ps. Possibly a screen shot of the game folder contents so I can see if anything is missing.
Example :

This happens for every RPGM game that I try to play. And it happens on my PC and notebook.

For example here with Zoe's Temptations:

Unbenannt22.PNG

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Hi @GhostPhil

To keep things simple :

The .exe of a RPGMV game basically runs like a "internet browser".
It appears like the .exe is trying to locate the game file path "index.html" but is unable to find it which is resulting in you only seeing the dir of the game folder once it starts up.

This could be be due to many different reasons but first couple that come to mind is :
1. You have a lot of your folders and subfolders starting with #, this could be a confusing the .exe from finding the correct files needed.
2. Your file path is very long, this could also be confusing the .exe

Could you try moving the game to your root directory "C:drive" and try running it again.

Let me know if it works or not, I'll keep looking into it in the mean time and get back to you.

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Hi @GhostPhil

To keep things simple :

The .exe of a RPGMV game basically runs like a "internet browser".
It appears like the .exe is trying to locate the game file path "index.html" but is unable to find it which is resulting in you only seeing the dir of the game folder once it starts up.

This could be be due to many different reasons but first couple that come to mind is :
1. You have a lot of your folders and subfolders starting with #, this could be a confusing the .exe from finding the correct files needed.
2. Your file path is very long, this could also be confusing the .exe

Could you try moving the game to your root directory "C:drive" and try running it again.

Let me know if it works or not, I'll keep looking into it in the mean time and get back to you.

Ok I copied one game with its folder on the desktop and it worked. So now I guess I have to either rename the folders with # or rearange my game direktory. Do you think that it is a problem that the games are located at a portable hard drive?

Reactions: Boom's Attic Games

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
@GhostPhil
You could also trying going into the WWW folder of the game and clicking the index.html directly.
This should open up the game in your default browser.

If this does not work then yes, try moving the folder to your "C:drive" and running it via the .exe or the HTMl files as mentioned above.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Ok I copied one game with its folder on the desktop and it worked. So now I guess I have to either rename the folders with # or rearange my game direktory. Do you think that it is a problem that the games are located at a portable hard drive?
Fantastic news !

*huh... maybe I should drop my game projects and get into technical support....*

The game should run from any location : USB stick or a portable hard drive with no issues.
So to be totally honest I'd say it's either to do with "#" or it's simply because the game was located in too many sub-folders.

Try moving the game stright to the portable hard drive "first folder" and run it and see if it works.

Glad you manged to get it working.

-Boom

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Fantastic news !

*huh... maybe I should drop my game projects and get into technical support....*

The game should run from any location : USB stick or a portable hard drive with no issues.
So to be totally honest I'd say it's either to do with "#" or it's simply because the game was located in too many sub-folders.

Try moving the game stright to the portable hard drive "first folder" and run it and see if it works.

-Boom
Ok I renamed every folder with a # and after that it worked. So it is not a problem to that they are in too many sub-folders.

So thanks for helping me. I really appreciate it.:)
*You could do both ;) *

Happy Fappy

Oct 7, 2020
Fantastic news !

-Boom
Thanks man, same thing was happening with me.