RPG VM keep freezing...

ttant

May 7, 2017
Hi,

I got a strange issue on almost all RPG VM games. After some time, the games freezes for no particular reason. If I display the FPS counter, it drops to 0 fps (webgl mode) and 999+ ms.
All game commands don't answer expect F2 key.
I try compatibility mode in 7, disable the build-in AV of win10 but still.
This issue is getting worst by day. At first it freezes every couple of hour, but in Lida's adventure ( ) if freeze almost every 5 to 10 minutes !

I play those game on a win 10 64bit (creator update), with AMD Fx8150, 16 Gb and hd 7770 (catalyst crimson 17.9.1).
Does someone have the same behavior and find a fix ?

thx in advance

Reactions: Imhyden

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
Hi,

I got a strange issue on almost all RPG VM games. After some time, the games freezes for no particular reason. If I display the FPS counter, it drops to 0 fps (webgl mode) and 999+ ms.
All game commands don't answer expect F2 key.
I try compatibility mode in 7, disable the build-in AV of win10 but still.
This issue is getting worst by day. At first it freezes every couple of hour, but in Lida's adventure ( ) if freeze almost every 5 to 10 minutes !

I play those game on a win 10 64bit (creator update), with AMD Fx8150, 16 Gb and hd 7770 (catalyst crimson 17.9.1).
Does someone have the same behavior and find a fix ?

thx in advance
MV is terrible when the dev doesn't optimize the engine. This happens to me as well, along with random crashes. I would try to unpack the game if it isn't already, sometimes that helps. Other than that I don't have a solution, sorry :(

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Here's a few things to try:

1) Ensure you have the latest video drivers.
2) Install the latest . Install both VX and VX ACE RTPs.
3) Restart your computer before playing to free up memory and don't run anything else in the background.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: if95

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
It's RPG Maker MV. It's very bad with memory leaks. It's terrible at cleaning up its own mess so it will constantly call variables over and over and store them in memory which causes a memory leak. The more recent versions of the program have it patched but not the addons he uses. He's got TONS of them in there so it's not likely to be fixed anytime soon. My suggestion is to use a resource monitor to save when it gets to 85-90% and then shut it down. Watch what happens to the ram. If it quickly returns to normal, the issue is with memory leakage.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Uhm... laptop?

3DGuy

May 14, 2019
rpg_core.js open in text editor find
if (this._skipCount === 0) replace with if (this._skipCount < 0)
Great work dude, you´re a genius - confirmed solution here (no freezing, only framerate drop sometimes).
This solution should be pinned - i did had freezing screens in almost all RPGMaker titles, so this fix is important to every single post sharing those kind of games in the board.
Thank you again.

Reactions: death705

AussieHood

May 3, 2020
rpg_core.js open in text editor find
if (this._skipCount === 0) replace with if (this._skipCount < 0)

What do you mean by open in text editor? I can't find text editor please help