Tool RPGM RPG Maker Save Editors

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
(Updated 10-2017)

I'm happy to share this little handy tool made by a nice guy Froggus from ULMF(most of you probably know about this forum already).
Here is the link to original thread where it all started

Basically all these annoying to cheat in RPG Maker MV, VX, VX ACE games are now piece of cake with this Editor.
It's very easy to use, once you try it, you will see.
Don't overdo it, tho. As Developer stated, there are things you should not touch, so make back ups to avoid ruined saves and bad mood.

I've included a Readme file with some more info.

Posted by
Edit.. by muttdoggy - I uploaded "Rpg Maker Editors.zip" - This includes Rpg Maker Save Editor .65, SGEdit with Legend of Queen Opala series ini files, and MV Save File Editor (Recommend Notepad++ with JSON add-on). Included is an edited readme.
Included RpgMakerSaveEdit 0.6.3 in case you need to edit variables due to issues reported with 0.6.5.

AdorableBunny

Aug 5, 2016
This works very well, sadly it didn't prevent the 'lust' grind that is Saki Quest.

Level 99 no problem, infinite gold too. But that annoying lust/lewd stat that raises by one with everything? Nope.

Comrade Anulnyat

Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
This works very well, sadly it didn't prevent the 'lust' grind that is Saki Quest.

Level 99 no problem, infinite gold too. But that annoying lust/lewd stat that raises by one with everything? Nope.
From my experience you can actually change lots of things with the very first editor.
As an example you can change relationship or personal stats in Gates, which is impossible to do with newer save editor.
Unzip MvSaveFile and try it.

AdorableBunny

Aug 5, 2016
From my experience you can actually change lots of things with the very first editor.
As an example you can change relationship or personal stats in Gates, which is impossible to do with newer save editor.
Unzip MvSaveFile and try it.
Yeah, I figured this out myself later. It was called "Spirit Plus" but did what I needed it to do.

Silver

Regular
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
I can't change the morality of rvdata2 save files. Used "RpgMakerSaveEdit 0.40.zip", but it doesn't show any morality in its window. so anyone knows how to edit rvdata2 save files? I saw someone managed to open it with notepad++ I am wondering how to do it. thanks.

Comrade Anulnyat

Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I can't change the morality of rvdata2 save files. Used "RpgMakerSaveEdit 0.40.zip", but it doesn't show any morality in its window. so anyone knows how to edit rvdata2 save files? I saw someone managed to open it with notepad++ I am wondering how to do it. thanks.
Hm-m, I'm afraid you will have to use the Cheat Engine, because only the very first save editor allows you to dig into "tons of stuff" and it's only works for RPG MV. Just in case you don't know, switch to all value types, choose amount required, make it 2x and add plus one(2+2+1=5). Simple as that and you have to use that system always, unless we're talking about some old games or different makers, Wolf Engine for example.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Thanks for the heads up, gue5t!!
Here it is... RpgMakerSaveEdit 0.60:
Changelog...
New version with the ability to edit your inventory.

Stroopwafel

Aug 8, 2016
I am sorry, but this might be a really noob question...
I wanna use this program to edit a rvdata2 file. But everytime I try to use it, I get a pop up that the program stopped working and I cant do anything.
I have tried all versions and I have installed everything known to man to has to do with rpgmaker.

Please, if anyone can help me it would be much appreciate!

Comrade Anulnyat

Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I am sorry, but this might be a really noob question...
I wanna use this program to edit a rvdata2 file. But everytime I try to use it, I get a pop up that the program stopped working and I cant do anything.
I have tried all versions and I have installed everything known to man to has to do with rpgmaker.

Please, if anyone can help me it would be much appreciate!
Some games do not allow save editing for some reason, even if they have correct save file for editor to use. Recently the game called Leviathan was released, no matter what I did, it couldn't edit the save file. So, yeah... Sometimes you just have to use gud ol' Cheat Engine.

Reactions: Stroopwafel

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Uploaded a new version and added ini files for Legend of Queen Opala compatibility in SGEdit.

Reactions: Bhaigiri101

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Here's a save editor for XP and VX, not VX ACE. The one above doesn't work on XP so for those that want a save editor for a game using XP, here's one.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes