Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV Unpacker

RedRoajs1

Red Rose
Donor
Jun 15, 2017
I have found that one of the main issues with RPG Maker games, especially older ones, is that they always tend to cap save slots to a measly amount. This can be highly frustrating at times and can even make it so that scenes are completely unreplayable for some games. To solve this issue once and for all I have created this guide to extend save slots to 80 (you can change the number to as high as you want, but making it too insanely high like 1000 might make the save and load screens very laggy).

A .txt (text document) version is attached as well in case formatting on this post gets messed up on your device.

Extending max save slots to 80 for RPG Maker games

Two options for two scenarios (a and b):

a) If has rpg_managers.js file (search game folder and other folders inside game folder) then:
Open rpg_managers.js with a text editor and around line 328 change from max save from whichever number it is (usually 16 or 20) to 80.

b) If no rpg_managers.js then:
need to get rvpacker ( )

to install rvpacker:

1. get latest ruby with devkit from

2. start command prompt with ruby (click the windows logo on your keyboard and search for the term 'start command prompt with ruby' without the '' in the windows taskbar, it should come up as an option if you've installed ruby correctly)

3. type 'gem install rvpacker' without '' and press enter
if the installation doesn't work or shows errors, check the rvpacker link for more info

4. if you have any saves, move (not copy) all savefiles (save01.rvdata2, save02.rvdata2, etc.) from game folder (or whichever folder they are in) to a completely separate folder (Desktop or Downloads or Documents or whatever)

5. type 'rvpacker --action unpack --project C:\Documents\Games\OrWhicheverDirectoryYourGameIsIn --project-type ace' without '' and press enter
if this doesn't work or gives errors replace 'ace' with 'vx' or 'xp' and see which one works
NOTE: If you have savefiles it might give you errors, so move all savefiles to a different folder if you get any errors and try again with ace before trying the other options

6. go to the newly created Scripts folder inside the game folder

7. open DataManager.rb with a text editor

8. search for 'max' without ''

9. change max saves from whichever number it is (usually 16 or 20) to 80

10. save and close the file

11. open Layout.rb with a text editor

12. search for 'max' without ''

13. if it exists (it might not in this case) change max saves from whichever number it is (usually 16 or 20) to 80

14. save and close the file

15. move (not copy) all files from the Data folder inside the game folder to a completely different folder (Desktop or Downloads or Documents or whatever)

16. go back to the command prompt with ruby

17. type 'rvpacker --action pack --project C:\Documents\Games\OrWhicheverDirectoryYourGameIsIn --project-type ace' without '' and press enter
IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE PRESSING ENTER: If 'ace' didn't work and you used 'vx' or 'xp', use whichever worked at that step for this step as well instead of 'ace'. If the unpacking didn't give any errors, this step (packing) should produce no errors either.

18. open the game to see if it works

19. start a new game

20. go into the save menu whenever you can in-game and check if there are 80 save slots (no need to actually save if you don't want to)

21. if you had save files, move them back to the game folder (or whichever folder they were in)

22. if the game runs fine, you can safely delete the old files that you had moved that were in the Data folder before, because new files should have automatically generated inside the Data folder (or keep the old files as backup if you want)

23. if the game doesn't work, move back the original files that you moved that were in the Data folder, back into the Data folder, replacing the new files that have generated inside the folder and start over from step 5 and try using 'vx' or 'xp' instead when packing and unpacking and pray to whichever God you worship that it works, and if you don't worship any Gods, pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster that it works.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
0.51 version of the Unpacker worked for Peasant Quest.

Jul 9, 2018
can anyone help unpack this game?
[ネコノホシ] なまいきギャルの無人島生活 Ver.1.02
I am getting a crash with the 0.51 version of the unpacker.

fredinator

Jun 23, 2017
I try to unpack [Orange Piece] Violette Ver.1.00
It extracts without errors but when I try to launch the unpacked exe I just get a white screen. No errors, just white screen.

Edit: Ok. I'm retarded. The exe couldn't handle this %local folder% thing

aosora

Mar 26, 2017
I try to unpack [Orange Piece] Violette Ver.1.00
It extracts without errors but when I try to launch the unpacked exe I just get a white screen. No errors, just white screen.

Edit: Ok. I'm retarded. The exe couldn't handle this %local folder% thing

WAIT WAIT WHAT DID YOU DO I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS FOR MONTS!!?

Reactions: Piia

ProfessorStein

Oct 19, 2018
I'm trying to extract Pregnant Angel episode 5, and it's packed into one exe, www directory is only for saves. Any idea if I can do anything?

cogumellow

Dec 9, 2017
i was trying to unpack Roundscape Adorevia and got the not encrypted with enigma/hacked error so I used 7zip to unpack the .exe and it worked

DS23

Jun 26, 2017

Checked, it work fine. Just start program and choose the directory

Jan 10, 2018
Most mv games are not packed, you can find anything you need on the www folder
But sometimes there are only one big .exe that contains everything, for that you will need this, just open it, select the .exe and then you will have everything in a folder called %default folder%
You are legend!

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
how can i unpack/decrypt all .rpgmvp in a rpgm game??

This is also included in Universal Extractor 2 RC1 or newer, but it seems to struggle and crash with massive queues. Recommend using rmvdec directly with cmd or bat for large jobs, just point it at packed directories and System.json.