Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV Unpacker

tompta214

Aug 6, 2016
As the titles states, does anyone know how to extract images from RPG Maker MV games.

Seen a few threads for ACE, VX, etc.. but not MV

Reactions: derakino999

selfie

Aug 6, 2016
Most mv games are not packed, you can find anything you need on the www folder
But sometimes there are only one big .exe that contains everything, for that you will need this, just open it, select the .exe and then you will have everything in a folder called %default folder%

Comrade Anulnyat

Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
But sometimes there are only one big .exe that contains everything, for that you will need this, just open it, select the .exe and then you will have everything in a folder called %default folder%
This might be useful. Thanks a lot.

tompta214

Aug 6, 2016

Thanks but I just get this:
[+] x86 executable
[x] Expected section name ".enigma2", found ".reloc"
[x] This file is not protected with Enigma Virtual Box or is hacked.

When I try to unpack the exe.

And yeah I noticed a few MV games aren't packed, but the one i'm trying to do just has a bunch of files with the extension .rpgmvp

selfie

Aug 6, 2016
Thanks but I just get this:
[+] x86 executable
[x] Expected section name ".enigma2", found ".reloc"
[x] This file is not protected with Enigma Virtual Box or is hacked.

When I try to unpack the exe.

And yeah I noticed a few MV games aren't packed, but the one i'm trying to do just has a bunch of files with the extension .rpgmvp
yeah this is only for the games that are packed with enigma (which is most of them), I used to had .rpgmvp decrypter a while ago, I'll try to find it and upload it here, but it might take a while, also if I may ask which game are you trying to use it in, so I can try all of the extractors/decrypters I have

Reactions: muttdoggy

tompta214

Aug 6, 2016
yeah this is only for the games that are packed with enigma (which is most of them), I used to had .rpgmvp decrypter a while ago, I'll try to find it and upload it here, but it might take a while, also if I may ask which game are you trying to use it in, so I can try all of the extractors/decrypters I have
I see, appreciate you taking the time to help.

The game I attempted to use it on is Road Trip Adventure Version 0.3 by Malleck I think I found the link for it on hbrowse.

Edit: here it is -

selfie

Aug 6, 2016
I see, appreciate you taking the time to help.

The game I attempted to use it on is Road Trip Adventure Version 0.3 by Malleck I think I found the link for it on hbrowse.

Edit: here it is -
I had mistaken the .rpgmvp with the .wolf extension, my bad, but I had encounter japanese rpgs with that extension before and I know it's posible to decrypt it since it's just a plugin to encrypt their images, but so far I had no luck, sorry.

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
Actually it's a new feature added in RPG Maker MV, since the encryption and decryption procedures are available inside the engine we need someone with good java coding to write a plugin that decrypts all media content (currently the images and audio files can be encrypted .ogg > .rpgmvo, .m4a > .rpgmvm, .png > .rpgmvp).

P.S. Is anyone here willing to try?

Last edited:

bit

Mar 9, 2017
Actually it's a new feature added in RPG Maker MV, since the encryption and decryption procedures are available inside the engine we need someone with good java coding to write a plugin that decrypts all media content (currently the images and audio files can be encrypted .ogg > .rpgmvo, .m4a > .rpgmvm, .png > .rpgmvp).

P.S. Is anyone here willing to try?
Python version

CouchPillow

Aug 6, 2016
I'm trying to use this on Milf Villa 0.2 but I keep getting an "Out of memory while expanding memory stream" error. I'm supposing this error is probably because Icstor does not use Enigma but I have no idea to be honest.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I'm trying to use this on Milf Villa 0.2 but I keep getting an "Out of memory while expanding memory stream" error. I'm supposing this error is probably because Icstor does not use Enigma but I have no idea to be honest.
It is packed with Enigma but my thought is that the file is too large to be handled. Technically the patched version could do 4 gigs. But for some reason, unpacking a game really sets ICSTOR off. I recall seeing a post on the patreon months ago where a patreon admitted he unpacked the game to get the saves to run and he flipped out.
I think this issue needs more tech knowledge or serious google-fu

Reactions: CouchPillow

Waaifu

Furry Gamer
Uploader
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
Did you try using Virtual Packages Extractor to extract the files from the boxed game?

Pepé Le Pew

Resident Skunk
Uploader
Game Compressor
Donor
Former Staff
Feb 3, 2017
I tried these three

Only had luck with the last one, but again i didn't read any guides or howto's just came by that post with 3 options and took a chance that i could figure it out on my own... :)

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
I use Bash on Windows to use

It works well enough and you skip using python directly from Windows.

Goldfish

May 22, 2017
I am trying to unpack My New Life to try Cheat Menu but so far I am not having any luck.

Tried EnigmaVBUnpacker4GB and was out of memory, tried tarkasian's 0.41 version and it was very easy to use and it finished unpacking but I only get white screen when I try to start the game.

Tried Virtual File System Editor and I am getting Access Violation message when I try to extract.

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Python version
So.. How to get this to run? Python newb.. Would it be possible to get it as a .json or .bat or something? I use a utility now that I point to the encryption key in the system.json file, and it exports as blob links, but it's tedious to have to hold control key and click 500+ image links individually so they pop up in a new browser tab.

JJATH

May 2, 2017
Anyone know how to extract the packed .exe? I've been trying for a while and haven't had any luck. I've tried Python and I can't get that to work for some reason. Something about a Syntax error?

Reactions: Harrycantwell710

dsconstructor

Modder
Sep 26, 2017
To run the python script from @bit (called decryptscript.py in my case), create "decrypt.bat" batch file in the same folder.
Edit as text and paste in:
Code:
python "%~dp0decryptscript.py" %1
pause
Save and drag drop the game executable onto "decrypt.bat" and a new folder called "dump" should be created in the game folder.

Do note this does not do anything with the executable but rather decrypts rpgmvp/rpgmvo files into images and audio.

Reactions: a meme