Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV .RPGMV* File Decryptor

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
Haven't made it, but i sure as hell found it.

go

download it or go to straight to this

follow the steps and your done. Keep in mind step 3 is inside the " thatgame/www/data" folder
and to view the images, don't just click the link generated. Save it first then add .png. Tested on " Cowrancher Malecks latest game"

1. Check if the encrypted Files have the File-Extension ".rpgmvp", ".rpgmvm" or "rpgmvo" - If they have this extension(s) you can use this script
  2. Get the Decrypt-Code
  3. Upload the System.json File from the Game and lets detect the Code automatic
  4. Select the File(s) to decrypt
  5. Hit the Decrypt-Button
  6. You can access your decrypted files if you click on the link(s)
  7. You can save them by right clicking and using your Browsers "save" option - Note that you have to add the file extension!!
    • Images as .png
    • Audio-Files as .ogg or .m4a

Leave a like, well if you liked it. Don't leave a thing make a silverwhite haired bikini babe sad.

petschko

Jan 18, 2017
Uhm ^^'
Glad you like it...
But I was not really happy by myself with the JavaScript-Decryption-Tool (It's to fiddly I think). That's why I'm currently working on a Java-Tool, to decrypt whole-Directories and also Auto-Detect the Key.
It works pretty good so far, but I'm not so familiar with GUIs in Java. So the GUI Part takes some time to finish. But the Main-Parts of the GUI are working fine currently, may you should try it out, or at least check the Code:

For Single-Files the Website is okay I guess...

If you want to complain about my code or give improvement tipps, you're welcome =) I like to improve myself.

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Hey man, first of all thanks a lot for your work, but if I might ask, why java? I usually stay clear from it for the many insecurities it brings to the system, why didn't stayed with html5? But this is just out of curiosity, don't take it the wrong way, I do enjoy what you have done so far. :)

Reactions: Krull

petschko

Jan 18, 2017
Hm why Java and why don't stay with HTML/JS/Webdev?

First of all, why don't stay with Webdev/HTML/JS
- You are limited with JavaScript to access Files on the User-System. The User have to "Upload" them, so its more work to get the Files into the System and the User have to select all Files he want to use (also the Key-File)
- Its more complicated for the User, than it need to be^^
- You are limited to the Browsers and have to do Workarounds for different Browsers, if they don't support a Function
---- That where the main Reasons^^ But also there are also:
- I'm tired of Webdev, I also work as Web-Developer and I have to say I'm sick of it. Over the last years Webdev is less fun IMO, bec. you have to do so many extra-work - Don't get me wrong, its okay to do this, but I'm done with it and don't want to do much in my Freetime as Webdev
-- Supporting all Browsers on all Devices in all Sizes
- I'm not really a fan of dynamic type-Languages like PHP or JS

Why Java?
Hm I guess, because I know that Language^^' It's fun to Code with it, I like it^^
It's also much easier/more-fun to debug than JS-Code within the Browser. Java is also nice, because it works on every System.
You're talking about security Problems with it. Which security Problems do you hear about it? I just know that you better have to disable the Browser-Java-Plugin (Thats may insecure for you) - I also have disabled it, bec there is no need for Java in the Browser^^

Hope that might be answer your questions >.<

Petschko

Last edited:

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Wow, didn't even need to give that long of an answer, much appreciated :D
But about java I'm talking about this:
I know the majority is not system based and it is browser based, but still there are a lot of breaches to be aware, but i guess it's always better to work with something we are comfortable with, and in your case it's java :)

But after your explanation I can see that the pros overcome the cons, so again thank you for all the work you've done for us.

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
but still there are a lot of breaches to be aware
Many of the 'Java' exploits listed on that site are related to errors in 'applications' written using Java and not the Java run-time itself. I believe it is unfair to blame the Java run-time for mistakes designed and written by some of the developers using it, the run-time can not totally protect you from a developer's lack of knowledge.

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
Wow, didn't even need to give that long of an answer, much appreciated :D
But about java I'm talking about this:
I know the majority is not system based and it is browser based, but still there are a lot of breaches to be aware, but i guess it's always better to work with something we are comfortable with, and in your case it's java :)

But after your explanation I can see that the pros overcome the cons, so again thank you for all the work you've done for us.
If you don't want to use the java decrypter and don't mind extracting the key yourself you can always use this with .

P.S. Might need a bit more work, but it does the job.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Slayerz

petschko

Jan 18, 2017
@ttant I will implement it as soon as I get my head free for this. Have a bit stress at work at the moment.

As workaround you can use the Web-Decrypter it already has this feature. But I will try to do this next weekend maybe

Reactions: Archast

wrarar

Dec 19, 2017
hi! im just gonna put this here...

if someone confirm that also work for you, that would be great.

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
It should work based on what I saw in the source code, but I would not recommend using it. There is a bug in the 1.0 version binary and considering it was fixed on 25 Jan but there is no new executable file I'd consider the project abandoned. The major problem is that it deletes the encrypted files without checking or asking for user confirmation that the decryption was successful. Also it can't handle custom-headers or LZ-Strings (no checking is implemented for them at all) and this can lead to unsuccessful decryption and deleted original/encrypted files.

P.S. Also the author's attitude is displaying his/her lack of knowledge and misconceptions on the subject he is talking about + his project is quite recent 11 Jan 2018 considering the first tool to successfully unpack *.RPGMV* files I know of is the one I've written (with help from aluigi) on 10 October 2016, then started his great tool about a month and a half later 30 Nov 2016 and although a few other people have made attempts after that none have come even close to what have made so far...

[EDIT]
I'm attaching a win32 compiled version with the delete function removed (source code included) for whoever is brave enough to test/use it ... no warranty provided.

Last edited:

petschko

Jan 18, 2017
Yes the Web-Tool is quite okay for now, but to be honest, I'm super unhappy with my Java-Verion so far... If I had the passion to code a bit more in my freetime, I would complete it (also add missing stuff in there) but work is exhausting me atm, thats why I have pretty less activity on Github lately...

I think it would be great if I can finish/fix some things in the Java-Decrypter, because I think we miss a proper tool for Batch decrypting them.

Reactions: gue5t and Archast

TheFapper2

Sep 6, 2017
I got Error: Encryption-Key not found - Make sure that you select the correct file!. Someone knows how to fix?

petschko

Jan 18, 2017
May the encryption key is not in the System.json file in that game, if it's "Sensual Samanta" just send me the /www/js/rpg_core.js File, I send you the Key then (may search first in the Topic of the game for the key)

CraysisW

Jun 16, 2017
More time I try but I got Error: Encryption-Key not found - Make sure that you select the correct file! How ı can fix? I Try Game: School of Lust

petschko

Jan 18, 2017
More time I try but I got Error: Encryption-Key not found - Make sure that you select the correct file! How ı can fix? I Try Game: School of Lust
Which File do you select?

You can give me a copy of the game and I can have a look on it, if you still have trouble

Edit: It seems to be a new trend that people try to hide their Key inside the rpg_core.js ... I think I will add function for this as well!