Tutorial RPGM RPG Maker Help Section

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
With all the different RPG Maker games we've got in this forum, I thought it would be a good idea to set up an RPG Maker help thread for all problems with RPG Maker Games. That way, it won't clog up the threads and anyone can go here to get the right kind of help you'd need. So let me get you started.

You can get run time packages here -

The vast majority of RPG Maker games use 4 main types of RPG Maker engines listed here listed from newest to oldest-
Name of Engine
Exe icon :pancakeMix: - Needed and/or unique files - RPG Maker Run-Time Package Download (Click to download!)

RPG Maker MV -
mvicon.png - Runs using Javascript/HTML5 language - No run-time download needed since it's Javascript/HTML5

RPG Maker VX Ace -
rpgxvace.png - RGSS300, RGSS301, Game.rgss3a -

RPG Maker VX -
rpgvx.png - RGSS202E, Game.rgss2a -

RPG Maker XP -
rpgxp.png - RGSS103E, Game.rgssad -

If you try to run an exe and a pop-up says missing ....., check the list and the right RTP you need is right next to the missing word. You'll also see the right exe icon in that line unless the developer has modified the icon.

Last edited by a moderator:

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Other help threads for RPG Maker here...
Ahhh!!! Not enough gold/money/hit points! -
I only want the pictures!!! -
What? MV's an exe? Why? -

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
This should be moved to releases and Stickied

I Stickied it myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: lebrongames

LEET

May 29, 2017
Are there any resources for getting cracked rpgmaker engines? I want to edit a game that has some errors, but I have no idea how to get inside and change stuff.

gsbm

May 6, 2017
I cannot get any of the rpg maker editors to start. Is there any other software required to use these? my pc is running win 7 64 bit.
I posted this question in the thread for the editors and received zero response, I'm not trying to spam it, just looking for a bit of help.

Reactions: oglad1

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
I posted this question in the thread for the editors and received zero response, I'm not trying to spam it, just looking for a bit of help.
This might be a Q for our modding section

• Haha
Reactions: Nabnub

Da_F_Bomb

Jun 13, 2017
If I want to create a game with RPG Maker VX Ace RTP do I have to create CG models in another program or is there a way to do it in RPGM?

cariocas2

Jun 12, 2017
With all the different RPG Maker games we've got in this forum, I thought it would be a good idea to set up an RPG Maker help thread for all problems with RPG Maker Games. That way, it won't clog up the threads and anyone can go here to get the right kind of help you'd need. So let me get you started.

The vast majority of RPG Maker games use 4 main types of RPG Maker engines listed here listed from newest to oldest-
Name of Engine
Exe icon :pancakeMix: - Needed and/or unique files - RPG Maker Run-Time Package Download (Click to download!)

RPG Maker MV -

View attachment 595 - Runs using Javascript/HTML5 language - No run-time download needed since it's Javascript/HTML5

RPG Maker VX Ace -

View attachment 596 - RGSS300, RGSS301, Game.rgss3a -

RPG Maker VX -

View attachment 597 - RGSS202E, Game.rgss2a -

RPG Maker XP -

View attachment 598 - RGSS103E, Game.rgssad -

If you try to run an exe and a pop-up says missing ....., check the list and the right RTP you need is right next to the missing word. You'll also see the right exe icon in that line unless the developer has modified the icon.
Dude, its really helpfully, but i'm getting an error when I try to go back to the basement. After I jump the barrel, it comes and error saying missing audio/se/weapon_clip_06

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
It's just missing the file in audio/se/weapon_clip_06. Did you look in that folder and see if possibly the file was misnamed by mistake??

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Something to add

Petschko's RPG-Maker-MV File-Decrypter (Java-Version)
What's that?
This Project is used to decrypt RPG-Maker-MV-Resource-Files that are encrypted with the Build-In-Encryption of the RPG-Maker.
This Project is also able to decrypt whole RPG-Directories.

Which Files can be decrypted with this Program?
You can decrypt the Build-In-Encrypted Files from the RPG Maker MV. They usually have the extension .rpgmvp, .rpgmvm or .rpgmvo

Whole decription on the website - the Java version works great!!

Thanks and Cheers!

Reactions: Ali_Baba

markmaso

Jun 2, 2017
hey man got a solution for this?it started happenign this week for me i get infinite black screens on screen transitions and the game freezes

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
HELP! Did something change recently in Win 10? I was fine a month ago, but now I cannot play an XP game at all - launches, but cannot start or load a save - nothing. I wanted to play the latest Curse of pleasure, but couldn't do anything. Then tried other games - LOQO, other scale gardens, etc - all will not work now. Tried a system reboot - nothing. Anyone else seeing this??

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
HELP! Did something change recently in Win 10? I was fine a month ago, but now I cannot play an XP game at all - launches, but cannot start or load a save - nothing. I wanted to play the latest Curse of pleasure, but couldn't do anything. Then tried other games - LOQO, other scale gardens, etc - all will not work now. Tried a system reboot - nothing. Anyone else seeing this??
Nevermind (- and can't see a way to delete a post or even to edit it?). Reconfigured the keyboard using F1 and got everything back to what I was used to. Still have no idea how the heck it got changed - Win 10 daemons?

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Yes.. Windows 10 will revert changes you made. When it updates a program, it often reverts your changes.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
the RPG Maker XP - doesn't work for me, download always freezes, not sure if it's because of my Wi-Fi but found this one that did worked out for me just fine, i'll leave it here in case someone else has the same problem

Ulaered

Aug 15, 2016
Are there any tools for editing the rxdata , rxdata2 files?
I did some searching and got nothing. The Gemini (and later Nomad) script editor are no-longer available through github.

Reactions: lofoooda
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote