rpg maker games not working

Meanbean

Jun 3, 2017
hello all, i was hoping someone on here could help me as all my rpg maker games have stopped working. whenever i load a game it says

cannot run package
cannot extract package
unable to create temporary directory

if anyone has had a similar problem or has a solution please help.
thank you

Meanbean

Jun 3, 2017
Have you installed the RTP? Are these japanese games?
i have rpg maker vx ace with rtp and i dont now if any of them are japanese but they were working a week ago and now nothing. i have checked to make sure i havent deleted anything and i havent. just cant figure it out

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Try running the game with admin permissions and make sure your av isn't stopping the processes (turn your av off/on to test).

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Is it all your rpgm games or just one? Also, have you changed anything major on your computer since the last time you could play rpgm games?

Meanbean

Jun 3, 2017
Is it all your rpgm games or just one? Also, have you changed anything major on your computer since the last time you could play rpgm games?
yes it is all the games and havent changed anything only moved house but cant see how that would affect them

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
@TCMS Would you please move this thread to General Troubleshooting? I think he will get more help there.

edit: Moved to Solved, please.

Last edited:

Meanbean

Jun 3, 2017
Hmm. Do you have all your rpgm games on one drive/folder?
when you mentioned about anti virus i deleted it and re installed and i assume it was out of date or something but it is working now so thank you for whatever you made me do

Pepé Le Pew

Resident Skunk
Uploader
Game Compressor
Donor
Former Staff
Feb 3, 2017
reinstall the RTPs... the problem is most likely that your antivirus has blocked the rpgmaker dll's...

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
when you mentioned about anti virus i deleted it and re installed and i assume it was out of date or something but it is working now so thank you for whatever you made me do
reinstall the RTPs... the problem is most likely that your antivirus has blocked the rpgmaker dll's...
Looks like the av was the problem. Thanks for the help, Pepe.

Reactions: Pepé Le Pew

DANDC

Jun 20, 2018
hello guys did all the above then too no luck an empty frame comes and goes.
win 10 64bit pc