Unity Roguelike-like game

Regress

May 18, 2018
So I decided to take a break from my other project to work on a (hopefully) easier game.
So this game has inspiration from roguelike games and other games like MaidensnowEve but with my own twist on it which is why the title is Roguelike-like game.

Combat Mechanics:
Let's go in depth on how the turn system works.
We have health, mana, and AP.
AP stands for action points and getting rid of your action points is a turn end. Action points are used by actions such as attacking or skipping a turn.
A player turn end sends a signal to every enemy on the map that they can move towards the player.
Pressing and holding shift allows you to see your move radius. Moving out of this radius is also a turn end.
Certain actions such as using a potion from your inventory also costs AP.
1581649438109.png 1581649491604.png
Enemies can drop useful items upon being defeated.
Enemies will always spawn after a certain amount of time up to a predefined max.
Be careful not to get overwhelmed!

1581650140107.png
Room Mechanics:
Rooms (will be) procedurally generated. To move onto the next map, you need to find the stairs/door/etc.
Rooms can have traps.
Some rooms needs to be unlocked before going into them.

H Mechanics:
Clothes have durability in this game. A low amount of durability will allow enemies to forcefully mount you.
1581650632780.png 1581650782155.png
Defeat will make enemies forcefully bring you to a certain location for further humiliation.
The camera will change to better accommodate the new scene.
1581651756554.png 1581651819289.png

What else is left?:
Not all mechanics are finished, yet, but it shouldn't be that hard to tackle those. The gigantic hurdle that I want gone are the animations/character model. The current model in the pictures is just a placeholder as its not meant for these animations and doesn't carry around the wide range of emotions that I want for h animations. I'm very bad at animations so someone who can help me or someone I can pay for those animations would be a boon.

All in all, I'll continue to post updates on this thread once I feel like I have enough done to showcase more stuff.
1581652699921.png

Happy Valentine's!

Kinderalpha

Pleb
Donor
Dec 2, 2019
Awesome!!

I myself am also doing an adult roguelike but following suite more with games like nethack, adom, and etc. I took the approach of top down 2D with graphical assets though, so I'm interested to see how you tackle some of the graphical issues that put me off from doing it in 3D. Really excited to follow your progress, especially since I'm working on something similar. Keep it up!

My discord is kinderalpha#6818 if you ever wanna talk about what you're doing or bounce ideas off somebody who knows about roguelikes and whose also working on something similar. My dms are open.

Last edited:

Regress

May 18, 2018
Awesome!!

I myself am also doing an adult roguelike but following suite more with games like nethack, adom, and etc. I took the approach of top down 2D with graphical assets though, so I'm interested to see how you tackle some of the graphical issues that put me off from doing it in 3D. Really excited to follow your progress, especially since I'm working on something similar. Keep it up!

My discord is kinderalpha#6818 if you ever wanna talk about what you're doing or bounce ideas off somebody who knows about roguelikes and whose also working on something similar. My dms are open.
Thanks! I'll send a friend request and the 3D isn't so much of an issue except for certain stuff.

Regress

May 18, 2018
Small updates:

Updated the UI a bit.
It's not good but better than nothing.
1582417778442.png 1582417832094.png 1582417876020.png
Inventory will show what is currently in the inventory and if it is equipped or not. Placeholder pics for the inventory.
The status panel will show your health, mana, etc.
As you can tell, I based the stats off of DnD.

Weapons have a min and max range and the damage will be further modified by your str stat for example.
Hovering your mouse over the stat will tell you what each stat will affect.

There is now a battle log
1582417936954.png
This will show who hit, what equipment got destroyed, etc.
1582418320442.png
Sample animation that becomes possible when all equipment gets destroyed.

Reactions: Kinderalpha

Regress

May 18, 2018
Not much done due to last week being hell on my schedule.

Most of the pcg is done and dynamic occlusion is included so that the game runs faster.
I'll update more once I get to it.

Reactions: Kinderalpha