Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
Basically if the files are the same name and just replacing what's already in the folder, it will work fine but you'll be overwriting the old version. I believe what Shanks does is rename the new mod files and add lines in the game's script so we have the option of choosing the new modded clothes or using the vanilla ones. Now if the mod is new clothes entirely and not a replacement like the recolors I do, there's usually no way to test them until Shanks or someone else actually adds them to the game.
Which program and method are you using for the recoloring? I've noticed some of them look a bit washed out (Rogue's red hoodie for example). If you're using Photoshop, that can easily be fixed by using "Color Overlay" and playing around with the different blend modes.

I've attached two images for comparison.

If you need any assistance with the recoloring, I'd be happy to offer my help.

Last edited:

probez

Aug 3, 2017
New version with everything from before
Lace lingerie recolors for Kitty (options will appear once you give her the basic lace underwear)
Also added a towel for Emma, so if you manage somehow to get her to the showers or something like that it might not bug out anymore

View attachment 90853

THIS MOD IS SUPPOSED TO GO ON TOP OF 0.978E VANILLA GAME
EXTRACT IT ON THE GAME FOLDER

This really is nice work. If Oni ever produced this amount of content in one update, we'd be celebrating in the streets.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

Ahhjksio

Aug 18, 2017
Which program and method are you using for the recoloring? I've noticed some of them look a bit washed out (Rogue's red hoodie for example). If you're using Photoshop, that can easily be fixed by using "Color Overlay" and playing around with the different blend modes.

I've attached two images for comparison.

If you need any assistance with the recoloring, I'd be happy to offer my help.
I'm using Photoshop fiddling with hue/saturation adjustments and masks, just whatever works for what I'm trying to get. I haven't done all the recoloring work there are other guys who contribute to that as well in fact I haven't done any recolors for Rogue. I like both of those styles you posted tbh and I assume the reason the guy went for a washed-out look is because it fits in with the rest of the game's color palette. There aren't a lot of bright colors and a hoodie like that would definitely stand out and look a bit odd in-game but that could possibly work too.

If you want to help and do some recolors of your own you don't need my permission lol go for it!

Shanks can correct me if I'm wrong but to me it's starting to look like we're getting more and more options between the recolors and the new clothes. I'm wondering if it's going to start being a problem from a UI standpoint? Again though, Shanks will either add in your mod or he wont so there's no harm in giving it a go and it seems like he's pretty great at this

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
I'm using Photoshop fiddling with hue/saturation adjustments and masks, just whatever works for what I'm trying to get. I haven't done all the recoloring work there are other guys who contribute to that as well in fact I haven't done any recolors for Rogue. I like both of those styles you posted tbh and I assume the reason the guy went for a washed-out look is because it fits in with the rest of the game's color palette. There aren't a lot of bright colors and a hoodie like that would definitely stand out and look a bit odd in-game but that could possibly work too.

If you want to help and do some recolors of your own you don't need my permission lol go for it!

Shanks can correct me if I'm wrong but to me it's starting to look like we're getting more and more options between the recolors and the new clothes. I'm wondering if it's going to start being a problem from a UI standpoint? Again though, Shanks will either add in your mod or he wont so there's no harm in giving it a go and it seems like he's pretty great at this
Oh, I just assumed you did those. My bad.

Yeah I realise it's a bit bright and might not fit in too well. I'll have to play around with it. It was just a quick recolor for comparison.
I've already been doing some Emma assets, and will upload it shortly.

As for the UI, I think you might be right. I'm wondering if a scrollbar would be a possible solution for that.

Shanks_Aka

Modder
Dec 3, 2017
UI is not a problem, you can always just add a "Next page" option or group the clothes like I did with some of kitty's underwear

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
Emma Assets Recolor:

This is my first time doing any recoloring, so let me know if anything is missing or needs editing. I hope it's useful.

Reactions: Ahhjksio

Shanks_Aka

Modder
Dec 3, 2017
Emma red and white hair
Emma black clothes
Rogue buttplug action (might have bugs)
Added cheat to reduce the forced count of each girl to 0 (so shes not sad)

rogue buttplug.png Emma recolors.png

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
Emma red and white hair
Emma black clothes
Rogue buttplug action (might have bugs)
Added cheat to reduce the forced count of each girl to 0 (so shes not sad)

View attachment 91184 View attachment 91185

Sweet, that was fast! Thanks for adding my content. I'll be doing some editing on the cape, and will include it next time I upload something.

Jan 1, 2018
I like both of those styles you posted tbh and I assume the reason the guy went for a washed-out look is because it fits in with the rest of the game's color palette. There aren't a lot of bright colors and a hoodie like that would definitely stand out and look a bit odd in-game but that could possibly work too.
I think this actually goes back to the show, X-men: Evolution, itself. The color palettes of the normal clothing of the kids tended to be pretty bland, lots of earth tones, whereas their fighting uniforms had brighter colors. Just spit-balling here, but that decision may have been based partly on what was popular fashion at the time (It really was.) and partly to differentiate the show from its predecessors, which used extremely bright colors and sharp contrasts all around. In fact, by comparison, the fighting uniforms in X-men: Evolution were downright dark compared to X-men: The Animated Series, as well as most of the comic books.

Reactions: Ahhjksio

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
Can I ask why you keep releasing for 0.978E??
It took me a while making me go all the way back to page 70 to find a download link.

0.978F is out for almost a month and is very simple to find in comparison since all links in OP are updated with it.
Did Oni make some changes in that version that are incompatible with the mod?

Ahhjksio

Aug 18, 2017
I think this actually goes back to the show, X-men: Evolution, itself. The color palettes of the normal clothing of the kids tended to be pretty bland, lots of earth tones, whereas their fighting uniforms had brighter colors. Just spit-balling here, but that decision may have been based partly on what was popular fashion at the time (It really was.) and partly to differentiate the show from its predecessors, which used extremely bright colors and sharp contrasts all around. In fact, by comparison, the fighting uniforms in X-men: Evolution were downright dark compared to X-men: The Animated Series, as well as most of the comic books.
Yeah, definitely! I meant the show as well it's just the game has got the aesthetic of the show down so perfectly I forgot to mention it.

It took me a while making me go all the way back to page 70 to find a download link.

0.978F is out for almost a month and is very simple to find in comparison since all links in OP are updated with it.
The first mods came out when the latest version was 0.978E. As far as I know it's simply just been done to avoid any bugs that could potentially come up when putting all the mods into the new version. The reasoning being that since Oni's updates are very minimal it's not like we're missing out on a huge amount of content.

Here is the windows link to 0.978e for anyone else who wants a clean copy:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

So far, I have not really noticed any issues with running it in the 'f' version. It all seems to work just fine.

Fiasco

Jun 2, 2017
I'd love to work on more outfits for the characters but I'm aware there really isn't much you can do with the limited space available in the game menu. Oni needs to add some kind of scroll function for the clothing options because without it options seem to get cut off near the bottom.
In the mean time, here are some more kitty recolors for Shanks_AKA to throw on his mod,
if he sees fit:

Kitty_purple_example.png Kitty_Dark_Example.png

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
shanks can you post all your mods in one collection so we don't have to search thru the thread
He does, the file names are just not good about saying that (be better if it had a version # or something). Usually names with whatever the newest additions are, but they always have everything blended.

Fiasco

Jun 2, 2017
I was trying to think up a few things that could improve the base game as far as the mod goes since we know ONI won't be adding anything significant anytime soon:

- Vibrator function is great, be fun to improve on that by letting the girls remove articles of their clothing during class as they get more turned on and if their inhibition is high enough.

- Adding the option to choose how to fuck during a date. For example; in the theater or in the bathroom of the restaurant. Maybe even on the restaurant table to stick with the exhibitionist theme.

- More dialogue and actions while being watched by a crowd of people or other students as of now it's just cheering.
Could have kitty or rogue address the audience directly. Something to spice that event up a little.

- Obviously the UI needs work, might want to leave it to ONI for that one but adding a way to scroll through options would be real fucking useful.

Those are just a few simple ideas but I'm sure there's a thousand things you could do to make this game more fun. It's definitely not an easy task fighting against the game's spotty code. I've been looking through the game's code myself trying to see what's possible. People should try and brainstorm more ideas, something simple and "easily" doable.

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
been tinkering here with the menus, looks like making them scrollable is very easy
That's good news!
Btw, I was wondering if you could help me out? I'm looking at setting up a test environment for the recolors, but I'm a bit of a rookie when it comes to Python.
How do you go about adding the files to the game? I've been looking at the files, and have figured out how to add them in the "animations" files. But other than that I'm lost.

4.40 star(s) 143 Votes