VN Others Complete [RJ249465 & RJ156197 -> EN 100%] TOUCHABLE Machine Sex VN Translations

MQCFHaken

Nov 27, 2022
After discussing the vagaries of latter-day NScripter with AdditionalEgoOperator and borrowing some UI assets from his , I've decided to stop sucking all the oxygen out of that thread and start my own.

Orgasm Interrogation ENG PV06.png

Orgasm Interrogation ENG PV04.png Orgasm Interrogation ENG PV03B.png Orgasm Interrogation ENG PV05.png
STATE OF THE GAME
- Store:
- Developer: Sumisumi
- Group/Label: TOUCHABLE
- Release Date: Aug/11/2019
- Engine: NScripter2
- Platform: Windows
- Censored?: Yes (Event CG pixelation throughout Scenes 02, 03, 07, 11, and 12)
- Language: Japanese -> English, soft replacement with localized assets
- Content Tags: Bondage, Electroshock, Forced Orgasms, Machine Sex, Rubber, Sexual Training, Tentacles, Impregnation, Mind Break
- Production Tags: Japanese Game, Voiced, Censored, Female Protagonist, Female POV, Visual Novel, No Routes

STATE OF THE PATCH (Latest Final 1.0.1/Dec 23, 2022):
- Text: 2899/2899 (Full-frontend localization. Some audio cues from Scene 06 onward reordered to keep ambient and page voices from playing over one another too loudly)
- Backend: 99.0% (Lua values tweaked to optimize for display of 60/line half-width characters in main text and backlog windows. All dialog box prompts other than attempting to use the system Close Window X display English confirm messages and buttons)
- UI: 99.0% (Title screen buttons and Config value titles localized with verbatim or minorly-edited textures from AEO. New text windows implemented to accomodate longer half-width tagtext strings)
- Other GFX: 100.0% (new localized Warning and Credits screens and semi-localized Title screen)

GET THE PATCH
-
-

OLDER REVISIONS
- (localized through Scene 10, prototype title screen where I didn't use Stika as my font consistently)
- (localized through Scene 8, forgot to include root.lua from the previous builds)
- (localized through Scene 5, polished window edits)
- (localized through Scene 2, crude window edits)

Patch drops right into your installed retail copy and runs from the native executable, no (P)ONScripter shenanigans needed. While patch files reside in your game directory, your zj.exe can be run without Locale Emulator or other locale-changing methods because we've overridden Shift-JIS-encoded files with UTF-8 ones.

ROADMAP
- Alpha: Incomplete localization and/or UI on stable backend with 10+% localized content
- Beta: UI nearing publisher quality for acceptable presentation of incomplete localization
- Final: (YOU ARE HERE) Complete start-to-finish localized gameplay with professional-ish UI and backend
- Gold: What if Final but I got someone better at image editing to decensor the event CGs that currently have Slit Blur

Last edited:

MQCFHaken

Nov 27, 2022
A funny thing happened while chugging along to v0.4.0a:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It looks like the game's save data in each savedata/#.sav file stores a copy of whatever was set as caption when it was saved; despite this being localized near the top of my 00.txt and never called after boot, loading a save made before that string was localized gives me the original app caption. With pre-patch and post-patch saves, you can flop between the two by alternating file loads.

Starting a New Game post-patch or loading a scene in CG Mode will never call this artifact; caption appears to not be cached in globals such as savedata/alreadyread.sav or system.sav. Returning to title also reinstates the localized caption despite caption being defined-called as part of (at)start instead of (at)title (as a side effect of returning being done through _resetprog=1:reset instead of goto (at)title).

EDIT: you know what? Thanks to insomnia and more wonderful BoltBait plugins, I have the upgraded extended-telops win/ boxes I wanted. 0.4.0 and subsequent weekly releases are escalating to Beta.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

MQCFHaken

Nov 27, 2022
1.0.x is upon us! (I have to say that because dipping into my "clean room" install of the game, I found I'd packed the 1.0.0 archive without the "sandbox" install's 00.txt that actually featured the localization for the system window title. Would explain why nobody bug-reported any flip-flopping from 0.4.0 onward.)

So what's next? I'd like to take on Climax Factory (RJ108095) or Climax Academy (RJ156197) having picked up all of TOUCHABLE's machine sex titles in the DLSite Winter Sale...but I'm also enticed by the sequel hook left at the end of Interrogation. As soon as I'd committed the Scene 12 translation to disk, I got slammed with half the outline of a fanfic that could branch off from there. If I were to bring that to fruition, I'd wind up making maybe the 6th or 7th hentai IP fanfic on AO3 that wasn't part of some ungainly 10+ IP harem showcase.

VR helmets and programmable rubber suits, man. You see them here, you see them in the Climax Ward duology, you "hear" them in Sumisumi's ASMR collab in RJ337547, there's a lot that could be done...

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Nisibis

MQCFHaken

Nov 27, 2022
Started pre-alpha work on Climax Academy yesterday because that's the one I don't have to downsize my assets for (Climax Factory draws to 800x600):
zg_qTEAjGSEnU.png
Was wondering what the "Play Movies" toggle in the config for Orgasm Interrogation actually went to; turns out it's a dummy from Sumisumi's earlier works getting Comiket bonus package editions (reflected usually a couple months later on DLSite and other storefronts) where certain .png backgrounds get replaced with .nmv animations (plays like MPEG-4 when opened in Media Player Classic, but called with exotic Lua because neither mpegplay or movie let it stay persistent till next scene transition/in the background layer, apparently). Keep an eye out for that in case Sumisumi goes to C101/102 and brings new work for Interrogation and the Climax Ward duology.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Iexist

MQCFHaken

Nov 27, 2022
Wanted to have the first beta of Climax Academy out on New Year's, but flu season and my insistence on having at least one scene involving machines localized said nah. Should still make 1.0.0 by Valentine's Day, though.

EDIT FEB 14: So two weeks of post-nasal drip plus a week of cross-country driving for a funeral in the family decided I was not going to make 1.0.0 on the day. Good news is, I can at least deliver the full main story, and confidently commit to a true 1.0.0 by month's end. Bad news is, I've skimped on a lot of chapter-by-chapter testing from Scene 06 onward due to a lot of my time lately not getting to be my own.

The thread's also been renamed to reflect my reticence to make a ton of lightly-trafficked threads for each game I commit to.
zg_r7WV1ft7p7.png
zg_qTEAjGSEnU.png zg_oelKW65OQm.png zg_iy4GKRipLe.jpg
STATE OF THE GAME
- Store:
- Developer: Sumisumi
- Group/Label: TOUCHABLE
- Release Date: May/29/2015 (Latest Patch Nov/11/2015)
- Engine: NScripter2
- Platform: Windows
- Censored?: Yes (Event CG pixelation throughout all Scenes other than 07 and Omake 1)
- Language: Japanese -> English, soft replacement with localized assets
- Content Tags: Bondage, Forced Orgasms, Chastity Belt, Machine Sex, Enema (text only), Tentacles, Electroshock, Mind Break
- Production Tags: Japanese Game, Voiced, Censored, Female Protagonist, Female POV, Visual Novel, No Routes

STATE OF THE PATCH (Latest Final 1.0.0/Feb 27, 2023):
- Text (Main): 2049/2049 (Start to Scene 10 localized with some minor audio tweaking)
- Text (Omake): 235/235 (all three Omake scenes localized)
- Backend: 99.0% (Lua values tweaked to optimize for display of 60/line half-width characters in main text and backlog windows. All dialog box prompts other than attempting to use the system Close Window X display English confirm messages and buttons)
- UI GFX: 100.0% (Graphics tweaks from Orgasm Interrogation and Climax Ward 2 backported successfully. new "Bonus Scene" button in AEO's style created to join the legacy assets)
- Other GFX: 100.0% (localized Warning screen ported from Interrogation. New Title Page & Credits Roll)

GET THE PATCH:

OLDER REVISIONS
(Localized through Scene 10/Omake 2)
(Localized through Scene 05/Omake 1)
(localized through Scene 03/Omake 1)

Once again, unpack it in the same folder as your Zecchou Gakuen v1.02 install and all included assets will load-latest (and be served to the user first) by NScripter2. No need to locale-change to run zg.exe either.

Last edited:

MQCFHaken

Nov 27, 2022
And that's 1.0.0 of Climax Academy in the can, despite my encroaching ADHD. I feel like my interest in working on this one mirrored Sumisumi's interest in actually sticking with the "private school but there's sex machines" motif, in that we both kind of dropped off around Scene 06. The paucity of BGMs compared to later works also drove home a feeling of monotony.

For these reasons, and because there's retail-fresh bugs to be addressed and a bunch of UI that can't merely be downsampled to 800x600, I'm not going to commit to a take on Climax Factory any time soon. Maybe I'll revisit it after chipping further away at a Secret Project that I'm currently learning Kirikiri to take on...

Webthespider

Nov 7, 2022
Hey thank you for your work!
I have one question, If it is completed, why don't you move the thread to download? Why keep it in WIP? People needs to know about your awesome work!

Henry1887

Aug 2, 2020
Not too much related to this game but rather to the engine:
I have written a python script to unpack and pack ns2 files.

MQCFHaken

Nov 27, 2022
Not too much related to this game but rather to the engine:
I have written a python script to unpack and pack ns2 files.

I like the cut of your jib, but already features the "ns2dec" and "ns2make" command line executables for unpacking and packing archives for NScripter2, respectively. And I don't even need to utilize ns2make with the load-latest architecture of NScripter2, letting me avoid code bloat by only delivering localized text and images (with some minor tradeoff in directory bloat).

Henry1887

Aug 2, 2020
I like the cut of your jib, but already features the "ns2dec" and "ns2make" command line executables for unpacking and packing archives for NScripter2, respectively. And I don't even need to utilize ns2make with the load-latest architecture of NScripter2, letting me avoid code bloat by only delivering localized text and images (with some minor tradeoff in directory bloat).
Cool xD though I could not find that anywhere so I just tried to make one myself