RPGM Completed Complete [RJ155863] - Sarah of the Rotation Cut v2.2.1 - Translation v2.3.5

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017

Title:
Sarah of the Rotation Cut

Developed By: HO_Works ( )

Release Date: 25.05.2015

RJ Number:
IF YOU LIKE THE GAME, PLEASE SUPPORT THE AUTHOR BY BUYING THIS GAME

File Size: ~224MB

Game Version: 2.2.1

Translation Version: 2.3.5

Downloads:
Note: Download the full game first and then download and apply a bugfix from the bugfix folder

Full Game:
Link:

Decryption key: yJYoXAIKHcjSuD2YWmuTeA

Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mini-Guide:

Crescent Moon, Ogre & Peddler walkthrough:

TO PLAY THIS GAME YOU NEED:
AND WINDOW SET TO JAPANESE LOCALE OR USE LOCALE EMULATOR PROGRAM

FAQ:

Last edited:

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
He needs Japanese RTP for RPG Maker XP, Japanese locale or locale emulator.

How come I can't edit the first post to add this to FAQ?

FAQ Addition:
Q: When I start the game, the screen is black?
A: The screen is black because you need windows locale set to Japanese or use Locale Emulator to make this game to work. You also need Japanese RTP for RPG Maker XP if you don't have it installed already.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
The game seems to run fine, but I don't actually see any text in the choice boxes. Where the game would typically say (as shown in the OP screenshot) "New Game", "Continue", "Game End" (as an example), the small area pops up on screen like normal. I can navigate up and down through the list with arrow keys as normal. I can hit enter and select one of the choices. But there aren't any actual words or symbols. I'm simply moving up and down over invisible choices. My first thought is that I'm missing a proper font file.

Online I can find Japanese sites or English sites, etc, offering the runtime package (of which I already have anyway). I don't see anywhere where it claims that any of these packages differ in any way (i.e. one is getting the same download regardless of where it is gotten, and there is not a separate Japanese add-on or some such). If there is such a thing it eludes me.

In years passed I do seem to recall running into odd issues which may or may not be similar to this. I believe the files in the base directory labeled "RGSS104J.dll" and such are Japanese as designated by the trailing J. Grabbing J or E versions, as well as other versions such as 103 or 102, etc, and replacing the existing files with these alternate versions did seem to fix issues in the past. It doesn't make sense, and it shouldn't work like that. Especially sense it seems to work fine for some without making any changes. (I'm just trying to brainstorm ideas here)

Running an emulator just seemed to make the game crash completely for me.

Anyone with knowledge or thoughts on the issue?

IMMORTALCS26

Aug 3, 2017
The game seems to run fine, but I don't actually see any text in the choice boxes. Where the game would typically say (as shown in the OP screenshot) "New Game", "Continue", "Game End" (as an example), the small area pops up on screen like normal. I can navigate up and down through the list with arrow keys as normal. I can hit enter and select one of the choices. But there aren't any actual words or symbols. I'm simply moving up and down over invisible choices. My first thought is that I'm missing a proper font file.

Online I can find Japanese sites or English sites, etc, offering the runtime package (of which I already have anyway). I don't see anywhere where it claims that any of these packages differ in any way (i.e. one is getting the same download regardless of where it is gotten, and there is not a separate Japanese add-on or some such). If there is such a thing it eludes me.

In years passed I do seem to recall running into odd issues which may or may not be similar to this. I believe the files in the base directory labeled "RGSS104J.dll" and such are Japanese as designated by the trailing J. Grabbing J or E versions, as well as other versions such as 103 or 102, etc, and replacing the existing files with these alternate versions did seem to fix issues in the past. It doesn't make sense, and it shouldn't work like that. Especially sense it seems to work fine for some without making any changes. (I'm just trying to brainstorm ideas here)

Running an emulator just seemed to make the game crash completely for me.

Anyone with knowledge or thoughts on the issue?
Running it through locale emulator worked for me.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
My own brainstorming took care of me. Just searched my installed RTP files and found my 104E file. Copied it into the game directory and renamed it to the 104J file (deleting/renaming the 104J files that was there as a backup). Ran the game again and now the game works fine (no emulator or anything else running, although I do have Japanese language support turned on on my PC).

Reactions: facundo

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Does anyone have a full patched game?
I you post a working pre-patched game link - I'll make a game thread for it.

Cheers

redle

Apr 12, 2017
The game seems like it could be entertaining, but the bugs are making it too much trouble to be worth it.

First time I enter the classroom at the military barracks causes a black screen crash (reloading and going again doesn't help).

After speaking with Morgan (pretty much the first primary quest), I can't leave his house without the game crashing. The error there is a claim that the game can't find the file "graphics/characters/モンスター256_256_01". There is a png file of that name in the directory listed.

I tried both of these with my substitute 104E file and the original 104J file. Both crashed identically.

Reactions: ZeroZmm

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Just tried it out - seems pretty buggy right now?

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
I have played this game for probably more then 48hours and I've never had any problems you guys are having.

If you want to play this game then change your locale to Japanese, otherwise, you might want to skip playing it.

My Setup: Win 10 x64 Ultimate, Japanese locale. It worked fine always for me.
Like I said in FAQ, there was occasional script error I got when loading the game but that was pretty much the only error I ever got.

This is a link to Japanese RPG MAKER XP. I have said you need to install but doubt any of you have done it.

Download and install and change windows locale to Japanese then see if it works or not.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
If you want to play this game then change your locale to Japanese, otherwise, you might want to skip playing it.

This is a link to Japanese RPG MAKER XP. I have said you need to install but doubt any of you have done it.

Download and install and change windows locale to Japanese then see if it works or not.
I have been playing it as a Japanese app. Also, I mentioned before that the Run Time Package (RTP) should be the same no matter what language the website is where the file is obtained. Never the less, I went ahead and grabbed the RTP from the Japanese site. I installed that on a different PC (It is an old laptop that had no other version of RPG MAKER on it anywhere. I occasionally use the laptop for odd tasks like this one and it still runs XP). Ran the game on that PC and got the exact same results.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
#!0LoiwTpA!KV82UP0rEKYtQjxskqubkb0QAal6Nq-fAlDBcsUmbjs

Fix for a stuck bug inside shop. Copy inside data folder and overwrite.

I'm also aware there's a black screen bug after scene with the kids inside the class room. I'm looking into what's causing that.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
I have been playing it as a Japanese app. Also, I mentioned before that the Run Time Package (RTP) should be the same no matter what language the website is where the file is obtained. Never the less, I went ahead and grabbed the RTP from the Japanese site. I installed that on a different PC (It is an old laptop that had no other version of RPG MAKER on it anywhere. I occasionally use the laptop for odd tasks like this one and it still runs XP). Ran the game on that PC and got the exact same results.
I don't know. No one on ULMF reported any issues like you said. You're missing something or doing something wrong.

Install Japanese RTP, set locale to Japanese, download the game and extract. If you get an error that a file is missing but you have it in your directory then it has something to do with your PC. Multiple people on other forums played it so far without any issues you're mentioning.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
I can't edit the first post so I'll post it here.
Translation v1.1
#!QTpwhYZQ!K0c56x7Vs03AQbCzeC2r0gLQM63s4WqKUqUKcRL4IAg

Changelog:

Changelog:
v1.1
- Fixed bug in the village shop
- Fixed black screen bug after you leave classroom after the first scene with kids
- Fixed grammar mistakes that were reported

Reactions: a meme

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
I can't edit the first post so I'll post it here.
Translation v1.1
#!QTpwhYZQ!K0c56x7Vs03AQbCzeC2r0gLQM63s4WqKUqUKcRL4IAg

Changelog:

Changelog:
v1.1
- Fixed bug in the village shop
- Fixed black screen bug after you leave classroom after the first scene with kids
- Fixed grammar mistakes that were reported
Thank you :)
And btw, you should be able to post links now, since you have more than 3 posts.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Translation 1.2
Data Only:
Full Game:

Changelog:
v1.2
- Fixed an avoidable bug made by the author of the game.
(If certain conditions were met, the player could enter Military Academy when he was not to and this would cause other events inside the academy to bug out.)
- Fixed more grammar mistakes that have been reported

If you already got the game, just download the data folder and overwrite.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote