RPGM Completed Complete [RJ155863] - Sarah of the Rotation Cut v2.2.1 - Translation v2.3.5

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

redle

Apr 12, 2017
I don't know. No one on ULMF reported any issues like you said. You're missing something or doing something wrong.

Install Japanese RTP, set locale to Japanese, download the game and extract. If you get an error that a file is missing but you have it in your directory then it has something to do with your PC. Multiple people on other forums played it so far without any issues you're mentioning.
Obviously something is wrong. That's the whole reason why I mentioned the problems. One of them, the classroom problem, sounds like was a problem with the game and not me and that you found and fixed a bug there. The other, neither of us knows what is causing it. It doesn't really matter if it is a specific setting on my PC, a bug in the code, or any other source of an error. The point is to report problems so that more people have eyes on it to possibly find a solution and to make others aware of potential pitfalls. (Even if it is a problem completely on my end, there are plenty of times that more than one person make the same stupid mistake or have the same troublesome setting or conflicting software)

As for me having the file it says is missing, the error message only gives a partial file name. It is impossible for me to know from that message exactly what file and location it is needing. Also, part of the filename is in Japanese, whose characters I can not read. There could easily be subtle differences between 2 similar characters and I am seeing those 2 characters as the same "letter" even though they are not. It is odd anyway that nearly all of the images seem to use only a standard ASCII character set in file naming, and then in the characters directory there are suddenly 3 images (which are duplicates of ASCII named files in the same directory) using a Katakana character set for filenames. It isn't surprising at all when small subset anomalies like this are the ones that end up causing issues.

I'm not blaming you for the fact that it doesn't work for me. It causes an error for me, and you don't know what causes it or how to fix it any more than I do, and that is fine. However, repeating the same "solution" over and over to me after I've already stated that I did exactly that is not useful. I was more hoping someone who has seen something similar on this game, or any other rpgmaker game, might remember a cause and solution.

Since there are new downloads with some bug fixes, I may try to download once more and play in a different order and hope things miraculously work out differently. If not, I'll just move on to other things.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
The classroom screen going black was caused by a script I copied from Sarah 2 game. It didn't give any error but for some reason, the screen went black after TP. It was by pure luck I figured what was causing the screen to go black.
Issues like that I can solve no matter how hard they are to find because I know they're 100% inside the game code, but why you're getting an error for a missing file when I'm 100% sure that the file is there, I can't. Those errors are 100% on your end.
It might be issues with extracting while you didn't have Japanese locale or something like that. Try downloading the game, set your locale to Japanese, extract the files and load your save and see if the error is still popping up.

My guess is that you probably extracted the 7z file while you didn't have Japanese Locale or didn't run the extraction process through Applocale Emulator(set for Japanese) and it somehow messed up the files.

If you have a PC with Japanese locale, download the game again from the mega link, extract it and see if it crashing again.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Translation 1.3
Data Only:
Full Game:

Changelog:
v1.3
- Fixed a bug I accidentally caused when I was fixing the bug in v1.2 :( Sorry about that.
- Fixed more grammar mistakes that have been reported.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Translation 1.4
Data Only:
Full Game:

Changelog:
v1.4

- Fixed a bug with Turta's quest that could happen under certain conditions
- Fixed grammar mistakes
- Reworked Morgan's scene so everyone can trigger it now.

Reactions: N7

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Translation 1.5
Full Game: #!9eZnharS!u0cc14E0723Q6JC2USVS37r1wmQrH-fUj7LyRc_VZl4
Data Only: #!haBBmIaA!2bIOijhcwQ5PDe-W7v2ntHleF1vxt5MqAZWJRyMb9fA

Changelog:
v1.5

- Fixed grammar mistakes that have been reported
- Fixed a bug inside Pose script that would crash the game if certain pose was called.

HitmanNTR

Jan 3, 2018
Translation 1.5
Full Game: #!9eZnharS!u0cc14E0723Q6JC2USVS37r1wmQrH-fUj7LyRc_VZl4
Data Only: #!haBBmIaA!2bIOijhcwQ5PDe-W7v2ntHleF1vxt5MqAZWJRyMb9fA

Changelog:
v1.5

- Fixed a bug inside Pose script that would crash the game if certain pose was called.
Tnx man

Marine1952

May 13, 2017
How do you defeat Lullan? I have tried several times and still get defeted. Any ideas? Also does anyone know where to find the ring? Is there another way through the military camp? This is a great gane. I have played it about 9 hours over a week or so and I am not able to past the camp.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Did you upgrade your sword with the blacksmith in the village?
You can upgrade it ~10 times. Last time you can upgrade it, you need to find metal crystal item.

The strategy is to keep her stunned and heal yourself.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
I'll include this fix with v1.6 but until then apply it by yourself if you're stuck.
*THIS IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE PAST THE WOUNDED FARMER EVENT AND CAN'T GET INSIDE MILITARY ACADEMY*

After you copy the files if you're already stuck use this fix.
You need to step on the tile in the picture and press enter.
If you didn't yet get to that part of the game then everything will work and you won't get stuck at all.

Marine1952

May 13, 2017
Did you upgrade your sword with the blacksmith in the village?
You can upgrade it ~10 times. Last time you can upgrade it, you need to find metal crystal item.

The strategy is to keep her stunned and heal yourself.
Yes sword is at 143 and I have the highest necklace and bracelet. i went through 15 potions trying to defeat her.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Guess you're really unlucky :)

When I fought her Sarah parried a lot of her attacks and I had her stunned for 30-40% of the time so I had time to hit her and heal myself.

If you're really that stuck and get kill her, I could lower her HP to 1 and upload the file so you can kill her with one shot.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Translation 1.6
Full Game: #!RK4SVZYR!AYpelPxgsNWuuDh0E2NSfofh4dJYsgrxIdmZKefkzaU
Data Only: #!EHAFmToJ!bAX_AhuIUxMAtJdzJrjNB6TAkEeOVuk4Zji0zgzvhT8

Changelog:
v1.6

- Finally fixed that stupid Military Academy bug I thought I fixed in v1.2 and v1.3
(If you're past the wounded farmer event and can't go inside military academy, use academy fix located here )

redle

Apr 12, 2017
It might be issues with extracting while you didn't have Japanese locale or something like that. Try downloading the game, set your locale to Japanese, extract the files and load your save and see if the error is still popping up.

My guess is that you probably extracted the 7z file while you didn't have Japanese Locale or didn't run the extraction process through Applocale Emulator(set for Japanese) and it somehow messed up the files.

If you have a PC with Japanese locale, download the game again from the mega link, extract it and see if it crashing again.
Gave it a few days break and took another crack at the problem with fresh eyes. Managed to figure out the problem. In one of the wonderful forced updates to the OS they changed some of the hooks into the PC settings and put up a false front of options. One of the ways the PC could previously be put into Japanese mode now only does a partial change. My download and extraction were all perfectly fine (as I didn't redo any of that). But the partial Japanese (while it handles everything in Japanese fine on its own) mode apparently isn't enough for rpgmaker to find an external file with a Japanese name. Looks like I can give the game a real try now.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote