RPGM Completed Complete [RJ155863] - Sarah of the Rotation Cut v2.2.1 - Translation v2.3.5

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
@kR1pt0n1t3 It took >72h to optimize all PNGs in this game, here is graphics folder ONLY:

So game is smaller, MAYBE faster, but 0% quality loss. Please consider updating main game package with these files :)

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
From ~230MB to ~180MB. Difference 50MB...

I doubt it will make the game faster in any way. To start with I don't even have a super high-end PC and I've never had any lag problems with the game. What prompted you to do this? Is this really worth doing for 50MB? I'd understand if it was 1GB to 200MB but for 50MB...

Thx for the effort but I won't be using it for my versions.
I'd put your link as an option for anyone that wants to use it but I think that would further confuse people who already have problems with the game as it is.

On a side note, I don't see really how this can be 0% quality loss when it's 50MB less... Something is being removed from the pictures hence why the reduced size.

Reactions: a meme

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
From ~230MB to ~180MB. Difference 50MB...

I doubt it will make the game faster in any way. To start with I don't even have a super high-end PC and I've never had any lag problems with the game. What prompted you to do this? Is this really worth doing for 50MB? I'd understand if it was 1GB to 200MB but for 50MB...

Thx for the effort but I won't be using it for my versions.
I'd put your link as an option for anyone that wants to you it but I think that would further confuse people who already have problems with the game as it is.

On a side note, I don't see really how this can be 0% quality loss when it's 50MB less... Something is being removed from the pictures hence why the reduced size.
Yep, it is LOSSLESS PNG optimization (consult my signature).

From the other side - it cost you nothing to have 50mb smaller archive. Just replace PNGs and done.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
It doesn't cost me anything either to have 50MB more since 50MB by today's standards is nothing really.

If anyone wants to use it feel free to do so, but I won't.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
I'd put your link as an option for anyone that wants to you it but I think that would further confuse people who already have problems with the game as it is.
Where? Could you edit first post in this thread? Since it contains dead link already.

a meme

Sep 26, 2017
I also don't see how you can make png images smaller in size without changing the encoding (so it's not png anymore) or losing information. And doing it for this game is pointless since this is one of the few games that actually uses layering properly.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
I also don't see how you can make png images smaller in size without changing the encoding (so it's not png anymore) or losing information. And doing it for this game is pointless since this is one of the few games that actually uses layering properly.
Did you read my post about it?

a meme

Sep 26, 2017
Did you read my post about it?
Yes. It says that a magical program is running undisclosed command line scripts and can reduce png file size by lots of % with no loss.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Yes. It says that a magical program is running undisclosed command line scripts and can reduce png file size by lots of % with no loss.
RTFM b4 writing! It is lossless and it is confirmed using special services to compare pre and post optimize image files.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
@CobraPL
I can't edit the first post.

This forum is made so that only certain forum ranks and mods can edit posts.
As an OP of this thread, the only thing I can do is change title of the thread.

kayot

Dec 19, 2017
I can vouch for PNG compression. I use a png compressor in my archives to help save on filesize. Basically it works by cycling (brute force style) through different lossless compression algorithms and then checking which one is the smallest. It can take a long time for large image sets. Most of the time when I download a manga or something that uses PNG, it's already using best compression. When it isn't, the space difference is staggering. I've had PNG archives go down to a third of their size. It's a no brainer to turn BMP's into max compress PNG files since a BMP is lossless.

There is zero loss in image quality. Only a reduction in filesize. If this seems impossible, remember that RAR/ZIP/7z Files are exactly the same thing. An average compress Zip file will almost always be a whole lot smaller as a Max compress 7z file. In this case it's like going from an average 7z to an ultra compress 7z. The data is perfectly preserved, just smaller.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Like I said before I don't care if this works or not.
If someone wants to use compressed pictures feel free to do so, but I won't.

Dorigami

Donor
Jul 4, 2017
Game is working great for me and I love it. Usually I'm not into big ass and big tits but this game just does something right. Thanks for the translation!

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
thanks u sir
Just so you know this isn't the "official" link.
If you have any trouble while you're playing on that version of the game don't come here asking for help.

The "official" translation link can be found on post and the full size of the game in 7z ~140MB.

I have no clue why people keep posting their own link when they didn't even translate this game nor did anything on it.
It's not that hard to go through last few pages of this thread and find the link.
And yes, I can't update the first post because for some reason only forum mods can update the first post in this forum for god knows what reason.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
Can you stop posting your own links with god knows what version of the game? If you want to really help someone then point them to the working link that's already in the thread. Thanks.

AKA POINT THEM TO THIS POST ----->

Reactions: a meme

Londo_Mollari

Respected User
Donor
Sep 7, 2017
Can you stop posting your own links with god knows what version of the game? If you want to really help someone then point them to the working link that's already in the thread. Thanks.

AKA POINT THEM TO THIS POST ----->
Sry, I had no idea about the "official" post.
Why isn't that version linked in OP?

Just wanted to help and shared the version I use and that works.
Seems to be best to delete all posts after my answer and edit OP with your link ;)

@Ryahn @F95 @TheImage @wynin Can someone of you please add kR1pt0n1t3's Mega link to OP?

Last edited:

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
@kR1pt0n1t3 my apologies sir, i should have read all the post to figure that out and thanks you for share *again* the official link, maybe we can contact any mod to help us with the OP link problem, shall we?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote