Renpy Visual novel games how to use Cheat engine (question) fashion bussiness

Corrinrobin

Jul 29, 2019
I sometimes have problems in some visual novels who ask to get money or things like that

could anyone teach me how to use cheat engine or any other program to hack the money or stats

i tried but sometimes i put the exact values but they dont appaer

example like in the title fashion bussiness of a girl called Monica she has to earn 5000 for the end of the week but i dont pass of 5

also i wanna increase the corruption bar but the values dont appaer anyone know how to hack that kind of games
sometimes i play mostly for the fap

Sep 20, 2019
The Saveeditoline link is really good, but there can be pay walls on certain box you can edit that might not be usuable without paying a monthly fee to use them, do be aware of that and there is a cooldown after about 3 use in a short time before it can be used again, the delay is not long before becoming usuable again each time that happens.

Reactions: MachoGuy

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
renpy is a visual novel engine, a story reader, rather than a game engine. so for example, as you start the story, there may be no such variable for "gold" until the story progresses to a point where gold is needed and introduced, at which time a random address is created to store the amount of gold you have. not a fixed gold location. each change made to the amount of gold plus or minus spawns a new address to store the new amount of gold.

how cheat engine works, it allows you to find the address you want to change, by knowing the current amount. Say 600 gold at x address, then you spend 10 gold, and search for 590, cheat engine shows you the address was 600 is now 590. in a typical game the gold address doesn't change each time, so the above method would let you find the address for gold period. was 600 now 590, this is the gold. but not in renpy, because the address always changes.
after a few scans, spending 3 gold, spending 9 gold, eventually it is possible to find the gold and change it... once
but as you continue and spend gold new addresses are generated each time, so what was the gold address is no longer valid.

gguy123

Sep 30, 2018
Ok so there's a bit of misinformation this previous post. Let's start by saying that even Visual Novels benefit from storing their information in variables, which produce individual addresses that it can call back to. The real reason the address keeps changing is because Ren'py is built on Python, which has layers of obfuscation that makes python applications particularly difficult to use with cheat engine. This results in a constant moving target, resulting in what Polywog's describing.

If you were to try Cheat Engine with another visual novel developed in, say, Java or C++, you'll find it much easier to use with cheat engine. Try it out with, say, World of Horror, a game on steam where horrific creatures come after you in a rogue-lite Visual Novel format, and you'll find the addresses stay consistent between cases. Just thought I'd drop in and add that in.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I tried with the app,but when i try to load the save file appears a text that says"this file is from another device and may be malicious" and i just can´t load it
It was already outdated and abandoned when Polywog posted the link three years ago. Normal that it don't works anymore.