• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool Ren'Py Ren'Py Save Profiles v0.7

SlLePER

Dec 30, 2017
This tool will add save profiles to Ren'Py game and add basic functionality to manage them (add, rename, delete)

I made this because I like to save often and Ren'py by default doesn't really have a good way to manage saves. This can really make things annoying, especially in games with several completely separate routes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

SlLePER

Dec 30, 2017
Updated the tool to version 0.2. It is incompatible with the first version, but the compatibility patch is included by default.
To install, it is enough to replace contents of the "game/save_profiles" folder with the new ones.

SlLePER

Dec 30, 2017
After quite a while I started using this tool again and decided that the current installation process was a pain and so I made a new 0.4 version which mainly adds an installation script(you need a python 2 or 3 to run it).

DasOrakel

Donor
Apr 5, 2020
the install instructions are not quite clear to me. It says 'copy contents of the data folder into your game folder' does that mean i put it in /'Gamename'/game or in the parent directory 'Gamename'?

SlLePER

Dec 30, 2017
the install instructions are not quite clear to me. It says 'copy contents of the data folder into your game folder' does that mean i put it in /'Gamename'/game or in the parent directory 'Gamename'?

Into the root 'Gamename' folder. Though the install script is fragile and I did not test it on new versions of Renpy so you should keep a backup of the unmodified game.

Reactions: DasOrakel

SlLePER

Dec 30, 2017
Updated to version 0.6 which includes compatibility with Ren'Py 8 and usability changes to install script

SlLePER

Dec 30, 2017
I just uploaded version 0.7 which has some new functionality and further tinkering with the main screen. New functionality includes rebuilding profiles from current saves, deleting all saves from profile and moving saves between profiles. The last one is however only available from console for now.