Thicc thighs for breakfast
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
So, how's this different from ?

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
Thanks alot for this, spares me the time to find things in the console...great asset to use :FeelsGoodMan:

Reactions: Namco15

DamnVamMan

Mar 14, 2017
Because it's the default behavior of Ren'py since versions/years and implied by the compatibility with previous versions of Windows and probably also by the compatibility with the other supported OSes.

No. Even now that he double the save by a copy in appdata, Ren'py still see game/save as main save directory. When loading, Ren'py give the priority to game/save, appdata being just a kindness copy for Windows users, letting them conserve their save files even after they delete the game.
Therefore, editing saved files directly in appdata would make the edition useless unless you double it by the deletion of the saved file stored in game/save.

You know that Ren'py have absolutely nothing to do with .net, and that, because of this, the behavior of .net have absolutely nothing to do here, right ? So, it's a good thing that you never assume, else you would have asked for something which goes against Ren'py behavior.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
As stated in the outdated
"The Ren'Py engine stores save games and persistent data under a separate folder. It's exact location depends on the host operating system." [...]
And as stated by the source code of Ren'py, since the version 4.0 at least :
[main.py:51]
Code:
    renpy.config.savedir = game.basepath + "/saves"
With "game.basepath" being the main directory of the game, the one where the executable is defined :
[main.py:146]
Code:
    game.script = renpy.script.load_script(game.basepath)
[if you take a look at script.py, you'll see that Ren'py search the script files in each sub folder of "game.basepath".]

The code evolved a lot since the said version 4.0, but the behavior is still the same, as well as its effect.
But here it's not a question of documentation, nor code, but more a question of OS behavior and player's concern. The documentation should be read as : Due to the way Ren'py works, a copy of the save files will be found at [this location], so don't worry if you removed the game, your save files are still available.

No. are you kidding me? did you not just state that there are duplicates saved in the AppData folder? Who is he? IDK what the fuck you are on about, I'm going to need to you to retype this, have a native English speaker review, edit and revise your response, then I can respond to this.
Being an ass will not help you being right. This said, it make your signature ironic, what at least made my day ; you're welcome, don't forget to spread the help you received today.

Yes, I explicitly said that there are duplicated save files in the AppData folder, and I said it because it's the truth. And you know it, you implied it yourself in your initial comment :

IDK why some games save locally, or if it's something I've done in injecting into whatever app, but I'd say the majority are saved in the global RenPy save directory.
Instead of assuming, you should have took a look to a game you didn't messed with. You would have been surprised to see a filled "saves" folder as well. Just because it's how Ren'py works ; on Windows, all the Ren'py games use both "/game/saves" and "%APPDATA%/RenPy/[game directory]" for every single save file.

It's not difficult to see that every single Ren'py game have a filled "/game/saves" folder ; in fact the majority of those who play games made with Ren'py don't even know that there's a copy in the AppData folder. Reading what I said should have made you think, and do at least a quick trial. In less than five minutes, you can confirm it.

FrostWrym

Oct 5, 2017
Can i pass the scenes with this program i lost my saves and i wanna go where i was #WhereTheHearthIs

playerdude

Jan 13, 2018
sadly a lot of stats that are available on saveeditonline is not available on this. i've come to plenty of games in where i can't even find a simple money variable to edit in this. i hope with some more updates, this would one day be as great of a renpy editor as saveeditonline if not better. as it stands, the only advantage this has is that it has no patreon limit.

Bacher

Dec 4, 2017
last time i used saveeditonline for a game to get me some money it worked but this time that is blocked behind a paywall, hope this tool helps :D

GodGoku

The OverLord
Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
@Last Moment This App needs an update. Many Variables aren't loading in this. And also it crashes time by time.
Like after latest update of ren'py this problem is started to happen again and again.
Hope U solve that we can enjoy it..

Every Time When u load save Of .

Last Moment

Modder
May 26, 2017
@Last Moment This App needs an update. Many Variables aren't loading in this. And also it crashes time by time.
Like after latest update of ren'py this problem is started to happen again and again.

Thanks @GodGoku
I was working on update but i was busy. i will try to finish it today or tomorrow.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Okay I have no idea what games it works for so quit being a dick
Tips: What is wrote over a colored background is always important to read. Whatever it's a title's prefix saying that this is a tool for the Ren'py engine, or a tag saying that you answer to a moderator...
Not even talking about the fact that it's far to be the best place on internet to talk about GTA online.

Last Moment

Modder
May 26, 2017

I fixed this problem, and i will release the update today
sorry for being late

Reactions: Namco15 and GodGoku
4.00 star(s) 4 Votes