Tool Ren'Py Ren'Py Save Editor [v1.6.1] [Last Moment]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

DamnVamMan

Mar 14, 2017
@Last Moment

If I can make a suggestion or two, what do you think about the open save dialog defaulting to the RenPy global save directory? IDK why some games save locally, or if it's something I've done in injecting into whatever app, but I'd say the majority are saved in the global RenPy save directory. Find a .net developer not knowing this hard to believe, but I have come across many that haven't so I never assume..
Code:
%APPDATA%\RenPy
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Renpy
C:\Users\___current-user-name___\AppData\RenPy
first two are equal, 3rd is just for clarity.

Another thought, built off the first, you could even incorporate a menu that detects the names of the folders inside the global save directory and allow the user some more pain (in all honestly some of the shit people can't do amazes me, so I wouldn't put it past myself if some had troubles with shit like this lol), downside being it wouldn't be a clean name like 'GameX', rather 'GameX-##########'

GodGoku

The OverLord
Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
Not one useful thing I can edit in this game. Love & Sex Second Base..

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
IDK why some games save locally,[...]
Because it's the default behavior of Ren'py since versions/years and implied by the compatibility with previous versions of Windows and probably also by the compatibility with the other supported OSes.

but I'd say the majority are saved in the global RenPy save directory.
No. Even now that he double the save by a copy in appdata, Ren'py still see game/save as main save directory. When loading, Ren'py give the priority to game/save, appdata being just a kindness copy for Windows users, letting them conserve their save files even after they delete the game.
Therefore, editing saved files directly in appdata would make the edition useless unless you double it by the deletion of the saved file stored in game/save.

Find a .net developer not knowing this hard to believe, but I have come across many that haven't so I never assume..
You know that Ren'py have absolutely nothing to do with .net, and that, because of this, the behavior of .net have absolutely nothing to do here, right ? So, it's a good thing that you never assume, else you would have asked for something which goes against Ren'py behavior.

Nerra

Apr 13, 2018
So where exactly are Ren'py save files stored on my computer?

Never mind, I found them.

Cazadragonas

Jun 21, 2018
Hi im testing this Renpy save editor with the savefile of the game Demon Master Chris. I want to change the Experience to the party, but i can't found the line, or how to do. any help about that? Thanks

Algazanth

Jul 12, 2017
How many experience points do you have? Go to and load your save file, then search with control (left) + f. Now search the number.

i found this (searched "player").

player > agile : (80)
player > cos : (1)
player > cost : (0)
player > dex : (6)
player > exp : (2)
player > int : (5)
player > level : (38)

Try in the console: player.agile=xx oder player_agile=xx. For example.

Reactions: Namco15

JohnDoeJoe

Apr 24, 2017
Lots of (important) variables are missing on all games I've tried. Especially those which are sub variables like:

character 1 > stats > hp

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Lots of (important) variables are missing on all games I've tried. Especially those which are sub variables like:

character 1 > stats > hp
It's said all over the thread, actually the editor don't handle all the data types, especially the objects.

JohnDoeJoe

Apr 24, 2017
It's not said all over the thread that development is stopped and showing additional interest in adding this feature is worthless.

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
@Last Moment
I need to read a backup, could you explain to me how?
I tried with a python script, but it can not find the pydict module! Yet I saw a pydict.pyx file

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes