Renpy games missing images (Soved)

kedamono

May 17, 2017
Some Renpy games I've played will randomly be missing images but still show the text. Not quite sure what could be causing it.
Anyone have any sugestions?

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
if there was a missing image there would be a missing image error at the top left or right corner in red letters

the image you have provided doesn't have that so are 100% sure there supposed to a image there or black screen?

kedamono

May 17, 2017
Well considering it happens to some scene's that are in the preview pics of games ima say there is an issue somewhere, as for proof I could just keep uploading pics of blank screens but I doubt that will get me anywhere. I do know it happens most with animated scene's

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
Well considering it happens to some scene's that are in the preview pics of games ima say there is an issue somewhere, as for proof I could just keep uploading pics of blank screens but I doubt that will get me anywhere. I do know it happens most with animated scene's

and again if there was a image missing the screen won't a black screen

if the dev put a scene or show like this

scene test or show test even after a animation you will get either these two images if the image is missing

screenshot0004.png screenshot0005.png

the only way it will show a black screen after animation is that the dev put show black or scene black

or there something wrong with your computer that not rendering the images right

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Indeed you have an issue:
1662321469701.png
Try changing the renpy renderer using Shift+G.

Could be an issue with your or similar. Try updating them.

Reactions: kedamono

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Jst got a new card so maybe I'm still missing some drivers
Missing, I doubt, but having out dated one, more than surely. It's not because you just bought the video card, that the drivers that come with it aren't years old. They date from the day the CD/DVD was created, not from the day you bought the card. Sometimes they are even just generic drivers and older than the card model.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
I tried all of the option available with the render options, no luck.
Have you restarded the game after changing them?

Well you do seem to be using updated drivers, the last part of your log where the game keeps creating multiple screens is a bit weird.

Have not heard of this issue previously so I have no idea what could be causing it, what you probably should try is removing everything that could be causing any conflict with the game.

Remove all gamepads (I see some sort of xinput being instanciated), maybe it could be pressing some button it shouldn't?
Disable any third party softwares you might be running like fps counters or similar that could be interfering with the display.

Your only hope is trying to isolate the issue as much as you can until you find the culprint really.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
here is a tool that might help you just follow the instruction print them out cause it requires that you login in safe mode

make sure you are not online if you on windows 10

don't know if this will work for windows 11 cause you have to be online

this will remove all video drive files if you do it right

kedamono

May 17, 2017
Have you restarded the game after changing them?

Well you do seem to be using updated drivers, the last part of your log where the game keeps creating multiple screens is a bit weird.

Have not heard of this issue previously so I have no idea what could be causing it, what you probably should try is removing everything that could be causing any conflict with the game.

Remove all gamepads (I see some sort of xinput being instanciated), maybe it could be pressing some button it shouldn't?
Disable any third party softwares you might be running like fps counters or similar that could be interfering with the display.

Your only hope is trying to isolate the issue as much as you can until you find the culprint really.
This solved it, my game pad was off but the adapter was still in, so i turned it ok and started the game, all works perfectly, isk how that causes an issue but least I know now lol.
Thank you all for the help!

Reactions: Meaning Less