Ren'Py Renpy game text is blurry!!!!

jackhack

Oct 3, 2017
hey guys some of the renpy games menu text are blury and after few second game crash any solution??

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
hey guys some of the renpy games menu text are blury and after few second game crash any solution??
Anything Ren'Py 7.4 and up requires a system and video drivers to handle hardware acceleration.

What version(s) of RenPy is being used for the games you are experiencing these issues?
  • Ren'Py 6.13 up to, but not including, Ren'Py 7.4
  • Ren'Py 7.4 and up
What are the specs of your system:
  • OS version?
  • CPU?
  • GPU?
Are your video drivers up to date?

Reactions: jackhack

jackhack

Oct 3, 2017
Anything Ren'Py 7.4 and up requires a system and video drivers to handle hardware acceleration.

What version(s) of RenPy is being used for the games you are experiencing these issues?
  • Ren'Py 6.13 up to, but not including, Ren'Py 7.4
  • Ren'Py 7.4 and up
What are the specs of your system:
  • OS version?
  • CPU?
  • GPU?
Are your video drivers up to date?
thnx dude this system is pertty old so no new updates and how to find out which renpy version used for games???

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
thnx dude this system is pertty old so no new updates and how to find out which renpy version used for games???
7.4 has been available for about a year(?) so it depends whether the developer just starting designing or has decided to upgrade their version.

If you want to know before downloading, check the changelog in the OP, search the game's thread for renpy or ren'py to see if anything in the past 12 months pops up with it referencing 7.4, or ask in the thread.

I don't keep games on my system, so I don't know where I might find the info without downloading and searching. Sorry.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Renpy version doesn't help much, in fact new versions are worse for this because they removed software rendering which could fix this issue since it is probably related to old amd drivers.

Either you find a way to update your graphic drivers or use another gpu, if you have integrated graphics in your cpu you could try that also.

jackhack

Oct 3, 2017
Renpy version doesn't help much, in fact new versions are worse for this because they removed software rendering which could fix this issue since it is probably related to old amd drivers.

Either you find a way to update your graphic drivers or use another gpu, if you have integrated graphics in your cpu you could try that also.
yeah my pc is very old .no new updates for it .

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
how to find out which renpy version used for games?
For a game you've actually installed, look inside the game folder for a script_version.txt file.

Open it in a text editor like notepad & it will have something like (7, 4, 4) = version 7.4.4

Though if you can't update the graphics driver and switching renderer doesn't work, then your only option might be to downgrade the version of Ren'Py the game is using. Make sure you have a backup of the game before trying this:
1. Find a Ren'Py game that still works on your machine (old-game).
2. Go to the game which doesn't work (new-game), and delete the "lib" and "renpy" folders.
3. Copy the "renpy" and "lib" folders from the old-game into the new-game.

Downgrading might not work if the game uses any new features, and it may break old saves.

Reactions: Schobi67