Tool Ren'Py Ren'Py Gallery

heroofthestorms

Jun 25, 2018
cover.png

Overview:
I created this tool out of frustating grinds in games. Sometimes you want to see all the images and get it over with. This is a tool to see Ren'py games images as a gallery. Find .rpa files of the game
- for PC they are located in game folder
- for mac right click game.app -> Show folder contents go to /Contents/Resources/autorun/game
archive.rpa and images.rpa are common store for images. Tool will find all the images and show them in gallery format. Navigate using space/enter or arrow keys. Hold space to navigate super fast (Better that mac/window gallery speed)
Use open image folder button to navigate to folder containing images. It will scan all the images in all the subfolder also.

Updated: 2018-07-02
Developer/Publisher: heroofthestorms
Censorship: All
Version:
Language: English
Genre:
gallery tool

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download:
mac:
windows:
linux:

(Samples/Screenshoots)
cover.png screen1.png screen2.png

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016

Overview:
I created this tool out of frustating grinds in games. Sometimes you want to see all the images and get it over with. This is a tool to see Ren'py games images as a gallery. Find .rpa files of the game
- for PC they are located in game folder
- for mac right click game.app -> Show folder contents go to /Contents/Resources/autorun/game
archive.rpa and images.rpa are common store for images. Tool will find all the images and show them in gallery format. Navigate using space/enter or arrow keys. Hold space to navigate super fast (Better that mac/window gallery speed)
Use open image folder button to navigate to folder containing images. It will scan all the images in all the subfolder also.

Updated: 2018-07-02
Developer/Publisher: heroofthestorms
Censorship: All
Version:
Language: English
Genre:
gallery tool

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download:
mac:
windows:
linux:

Cool! Thanks for sharing your work!

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
sorry to break the fun but how is this different than ?

Reactions: Xumeey

heroofthestorms

Jun 25, 2018
unren rpatool are all command line. This is a simple UI application showing images. More user friendly so that normal users can fap too. About story, it does not make sense to show all the text with images that exactly waht the game is doing. I you are decompiling the game to create the game then what is the point even. This gallery i have created due to a personal pain that mac gallery is too slow and takes time to load. Using this gallery you can power through images superfast. Just hold the spacebar.

Reactions: bas

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
you're funny. yes technically unren is command line, but if you think pressing a number and enter is a challenge.. lol, i'm not extracting the text from the script.rpy hahah.. you don't know what a label is or renpy.jump i presume..

and for some reason you seem to be forgetting all the progress that has to be made in order to view something. most of the time the work is done for me as in game review/galleries are more common in bigger games
The OP's tool extracts images in a GUI, and they were nice enough to share with the forum.

If you want to talk about your tool that isn't done yet, and the many ways it's superior, please go make your own thread about it. Thanks.

DamnVamMan

Mar 14, 2017
to be honest, just wanted to see if any interest could be garnered from the post as the up to a certain point, our two programs did the same thing. as far as I'm concerned, mine has been done 10 minutes after I started it, the incomplete thing was just to make things easier for people that don't know what grep is. Thought the OP might take some interest cause I felt his current version didn't offer to much, but I could be completely wrong, as he has the download statistics.

Please reconsider your average pc user as well. Assuming they can't download something and press a button, then go look at pictures just doesn't reflect todays user. Your program simply handles 1 element for them outside of the command line tools which is view the pictures in a viewer.

Some suggestions: look into ordering of the pictures, maybe you can do something using the picture ordering in the script.rpy file.. I certainly wouldn't want to go from walking in the park to seeing the main character getting a 5 man gangbang, it is nice to go in gradual progression similar to the story, but this is just me!

Apoligies if you read me the wrong way or if I came off the wrong way, that wasn't the intention. Love that you're programming and would never discourage otherwise.

Reactions: bas