Renpy Fast Forward/Rollback Bug

Limura

Mar 9, 2019
Hi there, the other day I downloaded a game which when reloading a save it caused my game to speed through every scene within seconds and it seems to rollback randomly too. I have no control of it, thought it was just the 1 game (using renpy.exe, not 32) but after downloading another game it has the same problem, I have never seen this before with renpy. Deleted the renpy folder hoping it would effect the settings of renpy itself and nothing =(

Limura

Mar 9, 2019
It seems the bug is happening on every renpy game now, no idea what is causing this though

Limura

Mar 9, 2019
Almost every renpy game has this loop problem, but here is a log.txt from one of them in case someone can understand what is wrong

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Deleted the renpy folder hoping it would effect the settings of renpy itself and nothing =(
There is not such thing as "the settings of Ren'py itself", each setting is totally independent. And since the problem appear to almost all Ren'py games you are trying, it's something more global and probably not directly related to Ren'py.

Almost every renpy game has this loop problem, but here is a log.txt from one of them in case someone can understand what is wrong
controller: '030000006f0e00001304000000007200' 'Controller (Afterglow Gamepad for Xbox 360)' 1L
Hmm, could it be that one button of your controller is stuck ?

Limura

Mar 9, 2019
Controller? .. omfg I uh.. yeah, turned out my mask was pulling on the right stick.. wow ok I feel retarded XD thank you for solving my problem!

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
wow ok I feel retarded XD
If it can help you feel better, years ago I was playing a game fully with the keyboard, and needed few minutes to understand why the cursor had a weird behavior. And during all this time I found really cute that my cat was playing with the mouse...

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
There is not such thing as "the settings of Ren'py itself", each setting is totally independent. And since the problem appear to almost all Ren'py games you are trying, it's something more global and probably not directly related to Ren'py.

Man this was driving me crazy, unplugging my gamepad fixed it for me.

St_Dmitry

Apr 3, 2017

Saved my day.. Thank you!