RenPy Console Problem

Ugliest

Jun 5, 2018
So long story short I typed "globals()" in the console and now the game I'm playing crashes everytime I go to open the console...

I've reinstalled the game and pretty much nuked all the persistent files in appdata/renpy, I dont really know what else to do to clear the console log or whatever's causing it to act this way. If anyone has any idea, thanks.

A Ray Of Hope

Jan 29, 2018
First of all, Why did you type "globals()"?. Maybe Ren'Py is the one causing and not the game. So I suggest delete any file that has Ren'Py related and then re-download. It should fix it.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi,

have you ever solved this? I have the same problem.

Btw/ answering questions with other questions does not help much... I did type globals() in the console because I wanted to see global variables, not knowing that this could possibly crash the console forever. Why should one re-download renpy (and what the heck should "any file that has Ren'Py related" be)?

I guess deleting persistent data in the game folder should fix it since it also clears the console. But you lose all progress.

Ugliest

Jun 5, 2018
Hi,

have you ever solved this? I have the same problem.

Btw/ answering questions with other questions does not help much... I did type globals() in the console because I wanted to see global variables, not knowing that this could possibly crash the console forever. Why should one re-download renpy (and what the heck should "any file that has Ren'Py related" be)?

I guess deleting persistent data in the game folder should fix it since it also clears the console. But you lose all progress.
Unfortunately, no. I tried everything I could think of, deleting files, reinstalling the game, even going so far as to edit the console history size. Nothing worked.

The game it happened on did release a new version though and I was able to use the console going forward in that version. So if the game you're playing is receiving updates just wait for that to happen.

wisegui

May 19, 2019
Sorry to awaken this old thread, but....
I had the exact same problem but managed to fix it without waiting for a new version.
You have to delete the "persistant" file in both the "*game directory*\game\saves" folder as well as in the roaming folder usually found under c:\\Users\*yourusername*\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\*game name* .
Fixed it for me. Only talking about Windows of course.

Reactions: georgiehen

S.A.M studios

Jan 3, 2020
open renpy and click on delete persistent it will fix this i have same problem with kunoichi trainer now all fixed when i do that

georgiehen

Sep 28, 2020
Sorry to awaken this old thread, but....
I had the exact same problem but managed to fix it without waiting for a new version.
You have to delete the "persistant" file in both the "*game directory*\game\saves" folder as well as in the roaming folder usually found under c:\\Users\*yourusername*\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\*game name* .
Fixed it for me. Only talking about Windows of course.
I'm glad you reawakened this old thread because I did the same thing and needed your solution! Thank you!