Tool Ren'Py Console Enabler

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
This will go through and enable the console on any Ren'Py games in the folder or subfolders of the one the file is ran from.

Edit: Added Executable for those who don't know how to run a python script. Again, just drop in in the folder where you store all of your adult games and run the program. It will go through and find every Ren'py game and enable the console.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Edit: Added Executable for those who don't know how to run a python script.
I'm curious: Why ?

I mean, there's already the ~dirtyConsole.rpy, a Ren'py script and unren.bat. Not that I want to be harsh, but it's a complicated process for something which can be done directly in Ren'py with :
Code:
init +1 python:
    config.console = True

Reactions: Greasy Handcock

Ezkar

Aug 23, 2018
sorry mate , but i tried and doesnt found anything, can you explain it more , i'll really appreciate

Reactions: jed999

Ezkar

Aug 23, 2018
My bad

i been reading forums and stuff , i figured out how , or kinda , i just :
1- Created a rpy file that have the code to enable the console (the same code that you write above )
2 - i pasted in the /game folder
3-i went to the common folder inside the /renpy one , and find the "000console.rpy" file and opened with notepad
4- i searched " config.console " and siwthched "False " to "true "
5- and it worked .
:D

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
My bad

i been reading forums and stuff , i figured out how , or kinda , i just :
1- Created a rpy file that have the code to enable the console (the same code that you write above )
2 - i pasted in the /game folder
3-i went to the common folder inside the /renpy one , and find the "000console.rpy" file and opened with notepad
4- i searched " config.console " and siwthched "False " to "true "
5- and it worked .
:D
Ah, gotcha. Yeah it's trivially simple to do. Still, for batch enabling this script is very useful.

DillionWhore

Sep 30, 2018
Fatal Python error: initfsencoding: unable to load the file system codec
zipimport.ZipImportError: can't find module 'encodings'

Current thread 0x00001608 (most recent call first):

Broken?

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
Fatal Python error: initfsencoding: unable to load the file system codec
zipimport.ZipImportError: can't find module 'encodings'

Current thread 0x00001608 (most recent call first):

Broken?
Maybe. I'll rebuild the executable version when I get a chance. You're likely on Win 10 and the way libraries got changed seems to mess it up.

DillionWhore

Sep 30, 2018
Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I am sorry to hear the news about win10, mr. Pervy Rogue, seems they just leep 'improving' our experience.
I have since enabled the console by hand in my particular game.

I needed it to change my player name, i have to do it every play the change is not persistent but it's ok too.

Kind Regards, DillionWhore. :pensive:

Pervy Rogue

Modder
Nov 9, 2016
Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I am sorry to hear the news about win10, mr. Pervy Rogue, seems they just leep 'improving' our experience.
I have since enabled the console by hand in my particular game.

I needed it to change my player name, i have to do it every play the change is not persistent but it's ok too.

Kind Regards, DillionWhore. :pensive:
You can always use the script alone as long as you have Python 2 installed.

Masher01

Aug 31, 2017
Do old saves not work in this update of the game? Why is my little hex icons all jammed up in the top left corner on the game screen? The LR2 cheat mod I got no longer allows me to open it in the new update. Will Someone please give me a heads up on what is going on? I'm not comp savvy so don't even bother about asking me to find a line of code and change this to that value. Or do I just scrub this game from my Download folder? Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou in advance.

djwolf1

Feb 24, 2020
This will go through and enable the console on any Ren'Py games in the folder or subfolders of the one the file is ran from.

Edit: Added Executable for those who don't know how to run a python script. Again, just drop in in the folder where you store all of your adult games and run the program. It will go through and find every Ren'py game and enable the console.
Unfortunately, it didn't. Has a game update interferred with this process? Is the Console triggered by the tilde key or some other? Help?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Unfortunately, it didn't. Has a game update interferred with this process? Is the Console triggered by the tilde key or some other? Help?
Use UnRen instead, it will do the same and more.