Tutorial RAGS Regalia - Enhanced RAGS 2.x Player For The Browser

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
Bodywerks says Setup game data is not defined
Here's a version that seems to load for me, haven't tested past the initial choices
I didn't get to investigate what the specific issue with Bodywerks, since the dump worked successfully on my machine with the same patch I added for Gold Rush.

The issue with that game was the lack of escaping of backslashes in some RAGS object names, which generally causes problems if the backslash is at the end of a string.

I'd like to work on a more thorough fix but don't have a lot of time to invest. It's pretty slow going to edit the RAGS assembly with ILSpy/reflexil.

In case anyone has problems dumping other games, here's a RagsLib.dll with my latest experimental fixes. I still need to add more code so it covers all cases, and someday verify that it doesn't screw up dumping all the other games I've done so far.

Reactions: maxx

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
I still need to add more code so it covers all cases, and someday verify that it doesn't screw up dumping all the other games I've done so far.
For anyone who needs to dump their own Regalia versions of RAGS games, I've added important fixes to and the install.rb script (on the current master branch) that should increase compatibility.

I tried it on a couple games and it doesn't seem to break anything, but I guess time will tell.

Bluetint

Jun 26, 2017
Thanks for the report, I'll look into it.

The Sinner is the one game that should be 100% compatible, because I wrote a proving it can be beaten. There definitely might be errors when you stray from the 'happy path', can you remember what exactly seemed off?
Thanks Superpowered seems to have problems also with buying additional powers, especially Empathy, which seems to prevent you from interacting with the NPC's.

As with Sinner's the bug most likely exist with the original rags game then - it mostly has to do with being able to trigger the next portion of any quest without needing to meet the requirements, ex. i can repeatedly 'egg on' a person to increase their sin level until i can eventually have my way with them without having to follow their quest path. I'll try to see if i can duplicate the bug with the original rags file when I get the time to do so.

Again thanks for your work, this has really become my preferred way to play rags games now.

uNderdog_101

Jan 19, 2018
I'm having an issue with an offline version of Wife Trainer. I've hit a bug where I cannot continue because no option for room objects show up (or rather only "housewarming gift") after hypnotizing a girl in a session.

Let's say I try to hypnotize Elsa with a sense of self, then I find myself in the living room able to move to the budoir or dungeon, but with no other room objects, so I can't play any further.

I've cheated a bit, setting my player bonuses and hypnotism to 50 and all the weekly fees to 100 (because changing the money or freezing it seems to lead to "you don't have enough money" despite the menu saying 99999).

I started with version 0.9.0 of regalia and updated to version 0.9.8 because of this bug, but it's still there.

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
I'm having an issue with an offline version of Wife Trainer. I've hit a bug where I cannot continue because no option for room objects show up (or rather only "housewarming gift") after hypnotizing a girl in a session.
The author of Wife Trainer introduced some anti-cheat measures in the last version, so the game does some double-bookkeeping of certain variables and screws things up if it thinks you changed them.

I played through a couple weeks hypnotizing Elsa without changing any variables and nothing bad happened, so I'll assume that's what's going on. But if you can produce a savegame from a non-cheat run right before something weird happens, I'll investigate.

Otherwise, you can try which possibly removes the cheat protection and adds all sorts of other crazy state manipulation besides. I haven't played much with it.

Here's a Regalia port of the mod:

Reactions: xoxo1001 and maxx

uNderdog_101

Jan 19, 2018
The author of Wife Trainer introduced some anti-cheat measures in the last version, so the game does some double-bookkeeping of certain variables and screws things up if it thinks you changed them.

I played through a couple weeks hypnotizing Elsa without changing any variables and nothing bad happened, so I'll assume that's what's going on. But if you can produce a savegame from a non-cheat run right before something weird happens, I'll investigate.

Otherwise, you can try which possibly removes the cheat protection and adds all sorts of other crazy state manipulation besides. I haven't played much with it.

Here's a Regalia port of the mod:
Thank you, very much! The issue I was having hasn't happened a single time since importing my save into the cheatmod version.

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
Thank you, very much! The issue I was having hasn't happened a single time since importing my save into the cheatmod version.
Glad to hear it! Just to warn you, it's not technically supported to use a save from one game version on another (even from something like Wife Trainer 0.6a to 0.6c) so if anything else too weird happens that could be the reason.

But if it loaded without crashing you could be fine. Maybe it works because the content from the mod is mostly additive.

uNderdog_101

Jan 19, 2018
Glad to hear it! Just to warn you, it's not technically supported to use a save from one game version on another (even from something like Wife Trainer 0.6a to 0.6c) so if anything else too weird happens that could be the reason.

But if it loaded without crashing you could be fine. Maybe it works because the content from the mod is mostly additive.
The versions were both 0.6c, just vanilla and modded. If something were to have happened, it probably would have by now :).

GaLaLa05

Thank you.9527
Donor
Oct 27, 2017
@selectivepaperclip I try to port this to Regalia by myself but when I open the html it just said "SetupGameData is not defined"
The wired thing is that at the fist time I open it just works fine and the second time it crash and I try to redo all the process from the beginning of remove the protection but never get luck anymore.
I use both the regalia 0.9.8 and patch the Ragslib.dll as well. Maybe I have done something wrong?
sry for bothering. Again I appreciate the great work you are doing with Regalia with all my heart.

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
@selectivepaperclip I try to port this to Regalia by myself but when I open the html it just said "SetupGameData is not defined"
I wasn't able to reproduce the problem on my machine, the install process seemed to work.
Did you use the ruby install script? Did you put RagsLib.dll in the right place?

Here's the full 500mb+ possibly-working version that my computer produces. I did pretty much no testing after the first screen:

OR, since you've already mostly converted it you should be able to extract this one on top of your broken one and maybe it will work and save you the 500 meg download:

Unfortunately, this game has a couple (7) video files in it, and Regalia doesn't support those at all. Most likely the image will just be blank when you click through those scenes, hopefully it doesn't crash or anything.

It would be a lot of work to support them properly (possibly transcoding the videos at install time) so I might make a quick-and-dirty version in the next couple of days with a "this page is trying to play a video, click here to view" or something like that. Meanwhile you can spoil yourself and snoop in the /images/ folder to see what you're missing.

Reactions: GaLaLa05

GaLaLa05

Thank you.9527
Donor
Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't able to reproduce the problem on my machine, the install process seemed to work.
Did you use the ruby install script? Did you put RagsLib.dll in the right place?

Here's the full 500mb+ possibly-working version that my computer produces. I did pretty much no testing after the first screen:

OR, since you've already mostly converted it you should be able to extract this one on top of your broken one and maybe it will work and save you the 500 meg download:

Unfortunately, this game has a couple (7) video files in it, and Regalia doesn't support those at all. Most likely the image will just be blank when you click through those scenes, hopefully it doesn't crash or anything.

It would be a lot of work to support them properly (possibly transcoding the videos at install time) so I might make a quick-and-dirty version in the next couple of days with a "this page is trying to play a video, click here to view" or something like that. Meanwhile you can spoil yourself and snoop in the /images/ folder to see what you're missing.
WOW thank you for that. I guess I did something wrong with it and will recheck my process again btw you don't need to support the video if the workload is too much to bother you. I will just be fine with the image folder for sure.
Again a big thank you.

EDIT: It works perfect!! Amazing!!

Antivash

Aug 25, 2017
Is there a quick and easy way for me to resize and/or remove sections from the lower half? One of the highlighted panes at the bottom, specifically. I don't need the "Visible Characters" at all for No Haven. I've been looking at the CSS and have been playing around a little, but I can't quite find which one that should be... I imagine it may be part of the GameUI.js file, but I have no understanding of the language so I am not about to begin playing with that. Just kind of hoping there may be a way for me to do it in the CSS.

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
Just kind of hoping there may be a way for me to do it in the CSS.
You can add this to the bottom of [your_game]/regalia/css/custom.css to hide the visible characters panel:
CSS:
#VisibleCharactersPanel {
	display: none !important;
}
If you also want the Inventory window to be as big as possible, you can add this:
CSS:
#RoomObjectsPanel {
	flex: 0 0 auto !important;
}
If you want to decrease the font size of the content in the inventory panel you can add this:
CSS:
#InventoryPanel {
	font-size: 12px;
}
If you do all that it should look like this:
no_haven_css.png

If anyone has any ideas for any permanent usability fixes to add to Regalia, I'm happy to consider them. I could make it so you could toggle on- and off- given panels and the setting could persist per-game, but it probably wouldn't matter for anything other than No Haven.

Southron

Jun 7, 2017
Did anything ever come of the Superpowered bug reports? I know I definitely got something where getting new powers made me incapable of talking to people. Not to to try and pile shit onto you, it's really cool that you do so much support for games you're not even the dev of.

Southron

Jun 7, 2017
Also, Evil Inc has blue "thought" text in the RAGS version that gets left out of the Regalia version, making it very difficult to tell whats going on alot of times.

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
Did anything ever come of the Superpowered bug reports? I know I definitely got something where getting new powers made me incapable of talking to people. Not to to try and pile shit onto you, it's really cool that you do so much support for games you're not even the dev of.
Sorry for not being responsive on this; it's hard to muster the will to work on Superpowered because it's tough to tell what's a bug with Regalia vs what's a bug with the game itself. If you tell me the exact sequence of events where things start going wrong or export a save before the problematic action it'l be easier to fix.
Also, Evil Inc has blue "thought" text in the RAGS version that gets left out of the Regalia version, making it very difficult to tell whats going on alot of times.
This one's a lot easier, fixed in this version:

Southron

Jun 7, 2017
Sorry, it's been a while since I tried that Superpowered version, I don't think I have the saves any more. I only brought it up because I saw other people in the thread posting similar problems, but I guess they weren't any help either.

Thanks for the Evil Inc help though!

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Hi, do you have the original rags file for The apartments? I can't find online (except for really slow downloads).

I can't even find where the real source is.

scrap that I found it:

The only reason I want the original is so i can play it in debug mode (as I do for all Rags games), is it possible to do that in your web version?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes