• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[Redacted]

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
You new to the internet or something?

It's the digital age. All media and software are going to end up online unless it's so obscure and unpopular that no one bothers. It's no longer about buying digital content but more about supporting the developers. The other incentive is for ease of access and convenience like steam/netflix.

Not many people are gonna think it's noble or some shit to pirate and share content, but that's just the reality of things. The industries are slowly catching up to the information age and coming up with business models that work in this framework.

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
I just want to point out, that as a developer (though very new to it), the feedback we get means a lot. Though I am only speaking for myself, and would not assume to speak for others, but the comments, reviews, praise and criticism (when constructive and detailed) are worth more than you could know. These are what make doing this worth the effort. Yes, of course, we all dream of becoming millionaires from doing this, but that is a pipe dream for most of us. But many of us would do this just for the satisfaction of making something that others enjoy.

So please do write your reviews, write your comments, join on Patreon (or whichever platform) if you can (I know many can't with money as tight as it is). But let the devs know what you think of their work, what you love about it, what you don't. This is how we know what we are doing is worthwhile, and keeps us going on those days when it would be really easy to just drop the whole thing.