Recycle Games

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
There are a good few games that were really well received but seems to have been abandoned or the dev just stopped working on them.

Would it not be great to have a DEV Forum where devs who are willing or feel like taking over these games from the original devs... What you guys think?

Personally i am creating my own game but sure there guys out there who's willing to do this?

Dparx

Jan 21, 2018
i can see why people would give that idea a shot, and why not .
Reason to do :
if you are trying to learn making a game you could use an old template and go from there,yes you could work on a great idea, polish it up and jump on the bandwagon that was allready created by someone else .

why not :
plagiarism , if it becomes a succes and racks in some money (patreon etc ) a lawsuit is around the corner waiting to happen .
not original, players will &#%^* at you for ripping of an idea even if the original creators gives you his/her blessing.
the fanboys that "demand" you follow the original script & models and everybody gives you a million ideas on how it should end.
sloppy seconds , i can see developers rather making an original game instead of doing a repeat of someone elses work ( we allready have plenty of those ) .

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
plagiarism [...]
sloppy seconds , i can see developers rather making an original game instead of doing a repeat of someone elses work ( we allready have plenty of those )
...exactly...some original idea really is the missing link of the adult game entertainment "industry"...don't copy a dead plot it's dead for a reason no need to go Frankenstein about it damn I would love it if the copy/paste plot-hole recycle attempts would stop altogether...unless it's a fan mod...just don't....please.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
My idea was a Forum sticky where game devs who don't have the time or bored or stop developing can release their games for someone to pickup... Oh and that is not a sink it's wash basin and games aren't always dropped cause they are shit or boring.

There is no copyright on a these games most times, the game dev would be relinquishing the game completely to whomever they choose to develop it further.

Dparx

Jan 21, 2018
not saying its a bad idea.
if the creator signs off on it,patreon account is closed and no means available to contact the creator ......
you could say its a fair game ;)