• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Recruiting 2D Artist for Silk and the City of Seduction

Devious Delight Games

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2023
Project:
- Silk and the City of Seduction is a game where the player takes control of Marvel's Silk as she makes her way in an increasingly corrupted world. It started out as a passion project where the majority of the art for the game was created via AI, but that is something that I'm looking to change.

Developer:
- I'm Kanera from Devious Delight Games, a (currently) one man team whose entire goal is to create enjoyable, immersive, and well written games. My dream is to transform all of the existing scenes in the game from their original inconsistent AI generated form to original artwork that ideally retains a consistent and coherent art style across the entirety of the game! The game has only been live since Christmas but already has a decent sized following on Patreon that's only looking to grow! As far as employment is concerned, I am a mostly hands-off person in regards to commissions; I believe that generally speaking, the vision of the artist and the freedom to act on that vision is incredibly important to the soul of the game.

Looking for:
- 2D Artist, ability to draw in a comic art style is preferable

Employment Type:
- Negotiable payment based on workload starting above the standard rate for commissions, but the frequency of work will be initially dependent on Patreon income and how much I can personally contribute. Revenue share is also negotiable, but requires more dedication to the project than simple commission drawing. Until this project grows further, I personally will not be taking any of the money generated for myself; it is exclusively reserved for commissioning artwork until we reach a certain amount of income per month where the project is self-sustainable. 50% of any commission cost would be covered up front, with the second 50% covered upon completion. In the event that a finished commission requires significant modification or additional variations, any additional cost would be covered upon completion. For artists who have proven themselves to be dependable for the project, the percentage paid up front is also negotiable.

Work commitment:
- Long Term (Ideally); flexible scheduling and deadlines. Work is offered based on Patreon income.

Preferred method of contact:
- deviousdelightgames@gmail.com; Discord once contact is established

Job Description:
- Initially, the work will consist of one of two jobs that will come down to community vote: Replacement or Creation.

Replacement is what it sounds like: there is a lot of AI generated content in the game that needs to be slowly weeded out. The start point for this would be replacing the character models, emotes, and clothing for the characters. After that is completed, priority would shift to recreating the existing scenes with the artists own take on it. The scenes mainly need to keep the spirit and context of the original scene, but do not need to be 1-to-1 recreations.

Creation is also straight forward: the artist would be responsible for creating brand new scenes from scratch. These scenes would be a cooperative experience where the artist and I brainstorm an initial concept, the artist would submit a rough draft for approval (this step can be VERY rough, it is just to organize the scene), then once approved, the artist would simply finish the picture as normal. The artwork might be subject to tweaks or additions, but nothing major. The final step would be creating any variations in the event that the scene needs them. The more in depth a creation project is, the more it will be paid. There will also be lesser tasks available in the future such as UI work, future character models, etc.

As an aside, the game contains various scenes that artists may not feel comfortable drawing, such as bestiality. While those scenes remain a core part of the game, the artist will always retain their agency to deny drawing specific scenes if they do not feel comfortable doing so.

Additional comments:
- Any potential artist is subject to approval by Patron Poll. As the project moves forward, artist responsibility may change based on need (but will always be properly paid.)

Thank you for taking the time to read all this! If you have ANY questions, feel free to reach out to me via email at deviousdelightgames@gmail.com
~Kanera