4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

IndigoHawk

Aug 9, 2016
Short but good advance in the story and lore. It is confusing that MC keeps being ignored when he says what's happening to him though. It makes Sharon seem kind of stupid. I'd prefer that she was unsettled but wasn't much help because she's never heard of anything like this.

This game definitely could use more adult content. For example, Laurie had no tension around MC this time. She was a bit jealous but she is already having no problems being a thrall, which is no fun. The Carmen scene was pretty good though.

Dec 28, 2019
First, vampires (presumably of lower generation) discover their disciplines slowly. MC's quick discovery speaks to potent blood (non-formalized age grouping) or high generation (formalized age grouping). (Also, this is not the case in the WoD -- vampires may need some guidance using discpilines in narrative, but once created they have access to them).
When it comes to OWoD, low gen is more powerful than high gen. In the classic Chicago by Night, Damian was a powerful young street kid vampire who unknowingly was the childe of the 5th gen methusaleh Critias. Nobody but Critias knew he was Critias's childe, and that gave him time to develop. He didn't get any guidance. He didn't even know who his sire was. He pretty much developed on his own.

Clan powers, physical powers, and whatever powers are bought with freebie points which can be increased at the storyteller's whim for low gen characters are often presented as instinctive in the text. They don't necessarily need to be taught, although they can be.

Second, there is an accepted lore that doesn't acknowledge outliers. Vampires can't dream because they're dead. MC's powers aren't anything anyone recognizes. Thaumaturges are charlatans (although this may be a bias of Sharon's, Merrick doesn't seem to share it).
The funny thing about accepted lore is that there have always been outliers that most vampires in game don't know about. For example, male vampires being unable to perform and female vampires taking no pleasure from sex is accepted lore in VtM. They can use sex as a lure to obtain blood which they enjoy, but they don't gain any pleasure from the act itself. They don't produce semen or vaginal lubrication. And yet some Toreador, Settites and those who enjoyed sex greatly during life still find a way to enjoy sex in their unlife. Vampires have some ability to direct the blood in their bodies if they have enough, when they heal for example, which apparently can be developed and used to make male performance possible and sex pleasurable for both sexes.

So there are rules, and there are exceptions. The storyteller system was designed from the get go not to allow the rules to stop the storyteller from telling a good story. The story always comes first, which is why the rules were often so ambiguous.

Last edited:
Reactions: IceL33 and D Dog

Babalon

Dec 19, 2019
hmm now this update is even more interesting..
i thought lore is based on first 13 creators or antediluvians who are known.. but this bloodline what MC have is beyong that 13 creators... and even existance is secret of that bloodline now we entering into unknown antediluvians Ashur, Dracian, Jabal, King and Queen of Enoch, Laodice, Lucian, Mekhet, Namtaru, The Lovers etc.... and MC causin is Theumaturgist my first thought it was Tremere but then i remember that there is even more powerful mages when tremere even dont exist.... if i remember correctly "The Rawi, the historians of the Tal’Mahe’Ra" speak about that mages and Loz Antediluvian, who are discovered secrets of immortality, self made 2/3 gen vampries with rituals etc...

Dec 28, 2019
While Rebirth was inspired by VtM/OWoD and borrows quite a bit from it, it isn't a complete knock-off. There is a lot that's different too. So I hesitate to start discussing the 13 antedeluvians, the Tal'Mahe'Ra, or the Salubri until there is more in the story to tie them in than what we've seen so far.

zh

Oct 17, 2017
In OWoD, characters could buy non clan powers for a higher cost, although some like protean and thaumaturgy required in story justification. The methusaleh (4th & 5th gen vamp) splats were long lists of powers, most of which were non clan powers. In the classic that was Chicago by Night, the 4th gen Brujah Menele for example was a master of thaumaturgy (a non clan power for Brujah) who in an act of vengeance had once used it to cause Mount Vesuvius to erupt and destroy the city of Pompei ruled by his Toreador archrival Helene.
Oh? I didn't know that. Thanks for the info :)

MC has displayed three actual disciplines from his bloodline, which is normal for any clan, Many groups have developed new Disciplines, some have even developed their own versions of other clans powers, not the same, but similar based only on what they had seen, some ancients learned from other clans or individuals, Diablerie doesnt give you your victims powers, it might give you an idea of what they knew but you'd still have to create your own interpretation.
Well, true, MC learned three Disciplines for now (plus the "vision" stuff, that would make four? But OK, let's say only three for now)... But the three Disciplines he learned makes no sense according to Sharon... She can't even fathom the visions as well as the new Discipline MC just learned... So logically it fits NO bloodlines, hence my [Diablerist-sire] speculation.
As for the Diablerie, I thought it gave ALL the victim's powers as well as the victim's Generation. At least that's what they said in the videogame... Was this wrong? Maybe there are more info about Diablerie in the VTM books. Could you share please? :)

Last edited:

waiwode

Dec 10, 2019

Well, true, MC learned three Disciplines for now... But the three Disciplines he learned makes no sense according to Sharon... She can't even fathom the visions as well as the new Discipline MC just learned... So logically it fits NO bloodlines, hence my [Diablerist-sire] speculation.
But logically it fits no known bloodlines. That isn't the same as no bloodlines.

WoD products continually introduce previously unheard of bloodlines -- sometimes they're small and secretive, sometimes they're large (I mean we started without any knowledge of Sabbat-specific bloodlines). And many of them have a new Discipline.

So certainly the author can create a new, previously unheard of bloodline and the related disciplines for their story. Occam's Razor leans closer to that than the supposition of diaiblerie, which still doesn't explain the previously unknown disciplines.

Reactions: zh

Babalon

Dec 19, 2019
if you ask me Mc have more then three disciplines hahah claws, invisibility, visions part of auspex, and demantation malkav gift messing with people mind, correcting thoughts it is part of madness network... and for Diablerie yes you gain all powers from victim :D because you suck vampire soul and all what vampire know and learned and of corse even generation...

Dec 28, 2019
You're welcome. :)

Well, true, MC learned three Disciplines for now... But the three Disciplines he learned makes no sense according to Sharon... She can't even fathom the visions as well as the new Discipline MC just learned... So logically it fits NO bloodlines, hence my [Diablerist-sire] speculation.
As for the Diablerie, I thought it gave ALL the victim's powers as well as the victim's Generation. At least that's what they said in the videogame... Was this wrong? Maybe there are more info about Diablerie in the VTM books. Could you share please? :)

The diablerist gets a piece of the victim's power, not all of it. If a 10th gen vampire diablerizes an 8th gen vampire he'll drop down to 9th gen, not 8th gen. If the generational difference is big the diablerist may jump more than one generation, but may also have difficulty digesting their victim's spirit, especially if the age difference is vast. Monty Coven, the vampire that diablerized the 4th gen methusaleh Mithras jumped from 11th gen to 6th gen, but their personality was overwhelmed by that of Mithras, and drastically changed in the process.

Things like discipline and memory transferrence are at the discretion of the storyteller. There were no hard rules for that. Generally the transferrence would be partial, and only a little bit of it would be permanent, like a point or two in the victim's highest disciplines, unless the diablerist literally bites off more than they can chew like Monty Coven, or like Tremere did with Saulot..

Last edited:
Reactions: zh

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Anyone know any good novels that are like this? Male MC / Vampires / Romance / Modern Day.

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
it would be "evening wood" but I believe Carmen is a dickomancer, her magic is capable of bringing a dead dick to life
Ahahaha, I am so jealous now for not coming up with the dickomancer spiel, damn you Raptus Puellae!!!! :p

But seriously, we spun so many theories to try to come up with an idea to make the MC "take it to the bridge" and while most of them were funny and entertaining I am positive we are far off the actual track here.

As far as theories go I dare to add a few of my own:

1. the beast they are hunting is going to play a pivotal role in giving MC the power of the dick

2. MCs sire will make an unannounced visit and maybe let him drink in some of her wisdom

3. Carmen will soon fall for MC and ask him to thrall her herself (and maybe truly become his dickomancer, heh)

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
3. Carmen will soon fall for MC and ask him to thrall her herself (and maybe truly become his dickomancer, heh)
I actually hope this is the route they go with her. I'd rather see her become a thrall or stay a human but still want to be with the MC which would make a more interesting story then her becoming just another vampire. Would be VERY VERY interesting if she stayed as a human/hunter but worked with the MC/Sharon crew but that's pretty much me just dreaming of my ideal scenario.

Also has it been shown if his dick ever got a rise out of anyone but Carmen since hes been turned? I wonder if theres something about Carmen (Outside of her looks obviously) specifically that's boosting his libido.

Reactions: Blayo
Dec 28, 2019
Embracing (turning) Carmen without permission would no doubt get the MC and Sharon by extension into a lot of trouble, potentially fatal trouble, with the local Archon. And the Archon, who is no friend of theirs, is unlikely to grant them such a major boon without demanding something they don't want to give or do in return. So I doubt that Carmen will be embraced by the MC any time soon. Thralling is much more likely.

Babalon

Dec 19, 2019
Anyone know any good novels that are like this? Male MC / Vampires / Romance / Modern Day.
Red Embrace Hollywood
Vampire the masquerade Coteries of New York
Vampire the MasquaradeShadows of new york new upcoming game...

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
I actually hope this is the route they go with her. I'd rather see her become a thrall or stay a human but still want to be with the MC which would make a more interesting story then her becoming just another vampire. Would be VERY VERY interesting if she stayed as a human/hunter but worked with the MC/Sharon crew but that's pretty much me just dreaming of my ideal scenario.

Also has it been shown if his dick ever got a rise out of anyone but Carmen since hes been turned? I wonder if theres something about Carmen (Outside of her looks obviously) specifically that's boosting his libido.
Actually Carmen is not a real hunter, more of an amateur seeking vengeance but yes, I too would rather see her developing some emotional connection to our MC and ending up as his thrall willingly. This could open a lot of interesting directions in the story.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rituf and Trojaner

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Well, if we concider the story of this game to be inpired from VTM lore, something is really weird...
Even if MC's sire was VERY Ancient, this doesn't explain why MC can develop so many Disciplines by himself... I mean... even the legendary 3rd generation Antediluvians had their own very specific set of Disciplines. For exemple the Ventrue 3rd generation couldn't do Lasombra's Obtenebration, right?

So something is definitly fishy here.
My guess is that MC's sire was a diablerist in her youth, and that made her VERY powerfull as she managed to collect a very large set of Disciplines... until she got bored. MC's sire being a Diablerist could explain why MC can develop such a large set of Disciplines on his own.

Speculation : Maybe this is taboo to have a Diablerist sire... and if this info gets out, MC's life could be in danger. Sharon knows that, and that's why she denies and refuses to talk about this possibility to MC.
In vtm lore, in clan disciplines aren't taught, they just come naturally to the kindred. Also since it's only based on and not actually apart of the lore, that means that the aspects of vampiric powers can in turn be different.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The Twilight Saga

*snickers*
He asked for romance, not parody.

Embracing (turning) Carmen without permission would no doubt get the MC and Sharon by extension into a lot of trouble, potentially fatal trouble, with the local Archon. And the Archon is unlikely to grant them such a major boon without demanding something they don't want to give or do in return. So I doubt that Carmen will be embraced by the MC any time soon. Thralling is much more likely.
While I totally agree with you on the whole situation with Carmen, it is worth to remember that now that Mommy made a potential appearance, the power structure is totally flipped. She can probably turn the archon into ashes without giving too much though. So, in the future Carmen could be turned without trouble. We'll see.

I hope not. I don't want another pet. Relationships like Vampire-thrall are too unequal in power to be anything but master/slave deal. If you want a real relationship with Carmen, she needs to retain her freedom of mind.
Besides, it is more beautiful to corrupt a pure mind.

Babalon

Dec 19, 2019
everyone speak about Carmen i'm the only one who want the red head and make her life exciting and not boring :p

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
everyone speak about Carmen i'm the only one who want the red head and make her life exciting and not boring :p
Not at all. I am way more interested in Mommy and the red dream beauty than in Carmen or Laurie. The comparison with Sharon is not fair, though, as she is clearly the main heroine for now and has had the highest amount of screentime by far.

Order would be:

Mommy, the read dream beauty>Carmen>Astrid>Laurie

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes