Tutorial RAGS RAGS Simple Guide To Cheating

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
1. First open up rags designer (C:\Program Files (x86)\RagsGame\Rags Suite)

2. Close the startup window.
3. Save an empty game like "debug.rag", we need this for the debug tool to start
4. Go to Tools-> Debug Current Game

5. Use your previously saved "debug.rag" to start the "debugging". Dismiss all upcoming pop-ups (either close or continue)
6. Close the designer.
7. Goto Rags Player, you should now have a debug window.

8. Now you can load any Game you want using File -> Open a New Game
9. Close the empty DebugDataFrm

10. Now you are able to use the Debug window to check and mess around with variables, just click the one you want to change and enter the new value.
Example:

Tutorial by Anaximanes from HypnopicsCollective

D

Deleted member 42

well i can't seem to open Rags Designer everytime im getting "rags designer has stopped working"

Reactions: Die

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Here's a nice quick way to do this...
1. -Open up a new text document with notepad

2. Type or copy and paste the line below into the document (make sure the address in the parenthesis points to your rags.exe files)
"C:\Program Files (x86)\RagsGame\Rags Suite\Rags.exe" %1 DEBUG

3. Save the document as rags.bat or ragsdebug.bat or ragscheat.bat
*It is very important that you save the file as a .bat*

4. Whenever you decide you need to cheat, just drag the rags game into the .bat file.
It can be minimized so it's not in front of the game.
What you're looking for is usually in the variables tab.
You can also change the "custom properties" tab but be careful as that can screw the game up.

LEET

May 29, 2017
Is there a way to get this for free? Can't seem to find a cracked version of RAGs Designer.

ZAdkins

Aug 10, 2017
I'm sorry for this, as I cannot seem to get it to work...

I have tried both suggestions, and neither bring up the Debug window at all. I've went step by step and nothing seems to work. Anymore help?

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I'm sorry for this, as I cannot seem to get it to work...

I have tried both suggestions, and neither bring up the Debug window at all. I've went step by step and nothing seems to work. Anymore help?
Likewise... well sort of.
I tried both methods with Wife Trainer [v0.4a] and couldn't get it to work. The only thing it does load is the multimedia library but no variables, characters, objects and so on, just the pics.

hipnotoad

Jun 3, 2017
I cant open rags designer at all
I had the same issue, running on Win 10. After digging through dnSpy debugger while rags designer was trying to start up, I figured out that an XML file got messed up and was preventing it from opening correctly.

I ended up going to C:\Users\[Your User Name Here]\AppData\Roaming\Rags\RagsConfig.xml and adding the following text into the file (my file was initially empty, so if it has text in it, delete the text first):
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Configuration>
</Configuration>
Now try to open Rags Designer. You should be prompted for some initial settings and then designer should load.

Reactions: Imthatguy9924

Imthatguy9924

Jun 1, 2017
I had the same issue, running on Win 10. After digging through dnSpy debugger while rags designer was trying to start up, I figured out that an XML file got messed up and was preventing it from opening correctly.

I ended up going to C:\Users\[Your User Name Here]\AppData\Roaming\Rags\RagsConfig.xml and adding the following text into the file (my file was initially empty, so if it has text in it, delete the text first):

Now try to open Rags Designer. You should be prompted for some initial settings and then designer should load.
Works like a dream. thanks my dude

Thjis

May 19, 2017
Well I found a fix and got 2.4.0 running. Uninstall all versions of Rags (newer one prevents older ones from installing)
Went into Appdata Local and deleted rags files then installed 2.4 and the ragsdesigner worked.

I have 3 versions of rag designer now working, I also used dnspy to edit 3.1

All works, so the solution seems to be going into users/name/appdata/local and delete rags, they do not uninstall with the normal uninstall procedure.

Last edited:

BertMcGert

Jun 30, 2017
Is there a way to make a variable stop changing after I've changed it? I've been changing a variable in a game to 0 and it reverts back after a couple of game turns. Can I lock it in place somehow?

Leo90

Feb 17, 2018
Can some1 help me?
i've managed to open debug menu with a game opened (wife trainer) but there's nothing in variables, custom prop and player.
only exec log is working. so how can i change the variables?
it's my first attempt at this engine so sorry for the newb question.
Thanks

ormos

Feb 13, 2018
Can some1 help me?
i've managed to open debug menu with a game opened (wife trainer) but there's nothing in variables, custom prop and player.
only exec log is working. so how can i change the variables?
it's my first attempt at this engine so sorry for the newb question.
Thanks
maker of wife trainer put Ungodly amounts of anti-cheat in the game making modding and cheating just impossible and even playing the game in a way he doesn't want would get issues, No idea why is he so focussed on making it impossible to cheat but you wont be able to.

GhostRider_X

May 3, 2018
I heard that Rags moved from WMP to Windows Powerpoint Presentation or something ha, in it's WPF version than the classic one. Does anyone know if he also moved out the way the data is stored, different database or something since the debug console in classic suite shows the variables stored in arrays while the WPF ragsplayer debug console shows them as array and there's no way to edit those variables.

And I couldn't find a way to get the save files from WPF to work in classic idk if the ones made in classic work in WPF or not.

kkai

Dec 21, 2016
10. Now you are able to use the Debug window to check and mess around with variables, just click the one you want to change and enter the new value.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\RagsGame\Rags Suite\Rags.exe" %1 DEBUG
While both of these methods do seem to successfully get me into debug mode (as well as using DebugRags.exe found elsewhere), they all present the same problem. When I try to load an existing save game I get a Save File Mismatch error and, regardless of whether I select "yes" or "no" it puts the game, No Haven in this case, in a state where all people and assignments lose their names temporarily (e.g. Assign 11, Slaver 1), but also, more importantly, a lot of interactions disappear and never seem to come back (like most of the Talk To options). I don't see anyone else mentioning this problem. Does anyone have any ideas why it is happening? Thank you.

Edit: It appears it was a combination of two factors. 1) RAGS is RAGS: RAGS is sensitive about the path to the .rag file when loading a save and seems to go into this damn state 2) My own error: I use sandboxing and didn't realize I was using a different path to the .rag file when doing the debug method.

Last edited:

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Some rags games will need a new save with every update since rags generally recognizes saves specific to that version. I don't know what is different in some of those rags games that allow you to use old saves.

Reactions: kkai

kkai

Dec 21, 2016
Some rags games will need a new save with every update since rags generally recognizes saves specific to that version. I don't know what is different in some of those rags games that allow you to use old saves.
Yeah that's a really frustrating limitation and if anyone ever solves the specifics of this please post! I don't think I've ever seen a RAGS game that didn't balk when the .rag file changed, but I know some games (I think Wife Trainer does) still seem to load properly. No Haven most definitely does not, it completely breaks. Thanks for the reply.

Edit: Strangely, while now that I've fixed the path issue is allowing me to properly open a save in debug mode, when I change variables in the debug form they just revert back once I do something in the game (like refresh the character I just edited). Saving immediately after the change didn't help either.

Last edited: