Tutorial RAGS RAGS Help Section

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
Unfortunately MS have removed WMP entirely from the latest dev builds of Win10. It's no longer even possible to install via the optional components section. So unless someone comes up with a way to run classic RAGS on Win10 without WMP, we won't be able to play older games.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
We would need to find a code pack like k-lite, combined community codec pack, or hunt for a windows media player (wmp) codec pack.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
We would need to find a code pack like k-lite, combined community codec pack, or hunt for a windows media player (wmp) codec pack.
I have k-lite installed, but that's not much good without knowing which codecs I need to install beyond the default. Personally, I'd like to find a WMP installer somewhere that I can use on non-N versions of Windows, as I used to to manage my library. For now though, I'm playing a couple games through , and a web-export version of rags, which so far has been working great, and much faster than the application itself.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
IF we find a good wmp codec, I'd love to add to this post. It would fix the win 10 compatibility issue. I have CCCP installed and no issues and it could have been a carryover from my Windows 7 ultimate that I originally had on this.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
IF we find a good wmp codec, I'd love to add to this post. It would fix the win 10 compatibility issue. I have CCCP installed and no issues and it could have been a carryover from my Windows 7 ultimate that I originally had on this.
I've found that Win7 upgrades behave far differently than clean installs. Often software and drivers that wouldn't normally work or install on Win10, will sometimes work. This can be a blessing or a curse, depending on the situation. I'm currently on build 17115 and there is no hit that WMP even existed.

I actually prefer the web version over the app version of RAGS, but I'm not having any luck getting saves to work.

dangermorph

Aug 10, 2017
I'm trying to play a Rags game but i need version 2.4.0 where do i download it.
only have version 2.4.16 and 3.0.59

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
@dangermorph - It's mostly likely saying it needs 2.4.16 version. I'd play it with the 2.4.16 player.
Edited... Any game that needs 2.4 will play perfectly on any 2.4.xx player.

Vidust

Feb 9, 2018
I saw the same error reported on page 2, but there was no solution. I recently had a big issue on my computer and lost basically half of my C drive, random things got deleted, including my RAGS installation. I redownloaded it, but now when I try to open a RAGS game, I get the

Padding is invalid and cannot be removed

error. I've tried redownloading Java, and (I think) .NET 3.5.1 (I can't find a single definitive THIS IS THE RIGHT DOWNLOAD type of thing for .NET 3.5.1. I found a thing online saying you can just install it using the Control Panel, which is what I did, but I dunno. I have W7, if someone has a better idea.) I also had installed RAGS 3.0, and 2.4.16, neither is working. Not sure what to do. Thanks!

Nhaazgul

Apr 7, 2018
quick question

Whenever I make a save the game slows down. it is normal? Is there a solution?

kaelibw

Jun 28, 2018
Can someone please help me? ive been trying to get Rags working a number of times and i cant get it to function properly. Every time i open up a file it immediately goes to an error screen giving me a massive text wall of problems. Here it is,

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please help!

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
So does anyone know offhand how to deal with 2.4.16 games refusing to run on 2.4.16?

EDIT: Nevermind, repeatedly uninstalling and reinstalling somehow worked. Sort of - weird text bugs, but it runs. I hate this engine...

Luigi08

May 1, 2017
I have the latest Rags file but it doesn't play any of the videos...I have both players downloaded as well...but unfortunately no progress.