Tutorial RAGS RAGS Help Section

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
ragsgames.jpg

I'm noticing a lot of players having trouble with RAGS games. I've also posted this in my RAGS games thread but figured I'd make a thread dedicated to helping RAGS players to keep on playin'.

First, there's the downloads...

Necessary Windows Downloads (Usually provided with RAGS installs but you never know)
- All versions included
- It comes as both x86 and x64 versions (in the same package), but if you are on 64 bit Windows you need to run and install both! Thanks !

IF you would like me to provide different RAGS versions and/or windows downloads, please let me know and I'll try and get it for you.

Rags Non-Install Versions
From @Bloo - 3.0.59 =

Sometimes we have trouble with errors that say "This RAGS game is unreadable" and I've always gone by JayneCobb's method and what I do is start at step #2.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
For Windows 8 and up you can't install .NET 2. You should add the feature .NET Framework 3.5 which includes 2.0 and 3.0.
On Windows 10 this fail a lot. Install ofline by using the following in an elevated cmd or powershell:
Code:
Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:D:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
This assumes you installed Windows from D:. If you didn't, replace D: by the drive letter from your original installation media (don't forget to mount the CD/USB-drive). Or leave out the entire Source (ie: the text in the code block from source until sxs) statement, that works in most cases.

Last edited:

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Thanks for clarifying! My desktop is an upgrade from 7 ultimate and already had all the .NET installations. I had to redo the permissions and reinstall some codecs to get things running after the upgrade.

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
I'm not sure about the codecs. I've never installed codecs (use VLC or MPC-HC), and I've never looked back. But at least one of the RAGS versions out there needs Windows Media Player installed. Which is installed in most versions of Windows by default, but can be removed.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
All versions below 3 use Windows Media Player. But the versions that are 3.0 and above use Windows Presentation Foundation.

Crescens

Aug 19, 2016
Does anyone have a key or a way to allow you to save changes to rags games without registering?

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Does anyone have a key or a way to allow you to save changes to rags games without registering?
The answer might be in this thread.. it's a cracked exe for rags suite 2.4.16

Reactions: Crescens

veeral

Aug 8, 2016
Any way someone can host a version of 2.4.16 somewhere? looks like the official site is down.

Edit: Used the cracked version to repair my version. Thx

Last edited:
Reactions: muttdoggy

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Any way someone can host a version of 2.4.16 somewhere? looks like the official site is down.

Edit: Used the cracked version to repair my version. Thx
I just reupped rags links. So thanks for the heads up! So odd to find ragsgame site down. But at least we have the files.

Reactions: scummbagg

scummbagg

Oct 21, 2016
Does anyone know if its possible to cheat in rags games ?
I have used CE on a couple but it does not find a dam thing in the game "appartments" I have read somewhere that all values in rags are doubles, but that is completely untrue.

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
You might wanna provide the non-install versions.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Ok! Cool! I never tried that so that's good to know! I'll add it to the op, then. Thanks Bloo!

VL0rD

Oct 29, 2016
Everytime iam running rags iam getting this problem... i think its happening after i upgraded to windows 10 rags problem.png