Unreal Engine Questions about importing Dicktator v3 into UE4

Zavijava_

Oct 19, 2020
I've been experimenting with getting DAZ models into UE4 (Daz 4.14; UE 4.27; ) and it's been going well. I fixed the textures on the Dicktator mesh using GIMP, and fixed the "tip of the cock floats disconnected from the rest of it" issue (Tip: in Daz, use the Joint Editor to add a bone after Shaft 7), so I have a figure and I can make him run around the the level (no waifus to chase him down yet, though). Materials still need to be tweaked (completely remade), but it looks solid for the most part.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A couple issues remain:

1) There is a near-duplicate (?) of the Dicktator geometry that also comes attached to the mesh. I can make this invisible by changing the material to an invisible one, but I'm curious if this is a symptom of a larger problem. My DAZ mesh doesn't use the Dicktator geoshell, so that can't be the problem, and I don't know exactly what's producing it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2) The Dicktator rig/bones didn't survive the export, so it stays completely rigid. Ultimately, I'll want to animate it, so this will be a problem down the line. How do I export it properly so it can be animated?

3) The Dicktator morphs I tried to export are also missing (the flaccid/erection presets and some other shape morphs). Presumably the solution to this is the same as the solution to 2).

Any advice? Maybe some of you have run into the same problems and found solutions? Thanks!

• Wow
Reactions: Reifon

Zavijava_

Oct 19, 2020
Update: I think I've got a working workflow going, for anyone curious... I used Geometry tool, right click, "merge fitted figure(s) geometry" with only the Dicktator fitted to the character. I had to "acquire" a copy of Daz 4.10 to do this - apparently that feature has been broken since 4.12. 4.10 works fine running in a separate folder from my 4.14 install.

On import, the schlong is rigged and can be animated, and morphs are visible. Morphs are also somewhat odd - a morph applied at 50% will look different in UE4 than it does in Daz. Whether this looks noticeably bad depends on the morph.

I think UE4 is just taking the start and end positions of each vertex and lerping between them based on the morph value, which loses a lot of subtlety in certain morphs (like ones that adjust bone positions, such as the erection/flaccid presets, and also ones that have other, dependent morphs; Dicktator's "foreskin forward" morph has a complex set of adjustments to make it shift around correctly in Daz, and these are lost in the import to Unreal).

• Love
Reactions: osanaiko