• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Question about "OR" statements while searching doujins

bianca91

Oct 27, 2022
I just discovered that it's possible to use "~" as an "OR" statement while searching at e-Hentai.org to search for "either" of the chosen tags, so a search like the one below would be a lot better than using any of these individual terms alone (just because in practice, people use them interchangeably while tagging):

~netorare ~cheating ~netori language:english

This way, the results MUST be in English, and MUST have AT LEAST one of the tags netorare, cheating or netori .

But would it be possible to search for multiples groups like this?
(Tag1 OR Tag2 OR Tag3) AND (Tag4 OR Tag5)

And the search prompt would be something wierd like:
~(~netorare ~cheating ~netori) ~(~humiliation ~moral_degeneration) ~(~forced ~blackmail ~mind_control)

This way the result MUST have AT LEAST one of the tags of each group.

And, another question. Does Hitomila have a similar alternative to e-hentai's "~" prefix to use as "OR"?

Last edited:

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
And the search prompt would be something wierd like:
~(~netorare ~cheating ~netori) ~(~humiliation ~moral_degeneration) ~(~forced ~blackmail ~mind_control)
Maybe something like this?
tag:~netorare$ ~cheating$ ~netori$ tag:~humiliation$ ~moral_degeneration$ tag:~forced$ ~blackmail$ ~mind_control$

You can find all search features at the search by the way.

bianca91

Oct 27, 2022
Maybe something like this?
tag:~netorare$ ~cheating$ ~netori$ tag:~humiliation$ ~moral_degeneration$ tag:~forced$ ~blackmail$ ~mind_control$

You can find all search features at the search by the way.
Good idea!
But I'm really sure if it works.

First I used the prompt below:
language:english -full_censorship -mosaic_censorship tag:~m:crossdressing$ ~m:feminization$ tag:~m:blackmail$ ~m:mind_control$ ~m:forced$
And got: Found about 80 results. Excluded 12 galleries from this page.

Then I swapped ~m:feminization$ and ~m:crossdressing$ positions in the prompt:
language:english -full_censorship -mosaic_censorship tag:~m:feminization$ ~m:crossdressing$ tag:~m:blackmail$ ~m:mind_control$ ~m:forced$
And got: Found about 40 results. Excluded 11 galleries from this page.

The first prompt returned that the second didn't, for example. Which have the tags ~m:crossdressing$, ~m:blackmail$ and ~m:forced$, but not ~m:feminization$.

While the second prompt retuned that the first didn't. Which have the tags ~m:feminization$, ~m:blackmail$ and ~m:forced$, but not ~m:crossdressing$.

All results from both prompts had the ~m:blackmail$ tag as well, which is the first tag immediately after the second "tag:" term.

It seems that this kind of search only cares about the tag that is immediately after the "tag:" term.

:(:(:(