VN Ren'Py Queans [carnalcardinal] - an upcoming lesbian romance VN

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Title: Queans
"Has it already been two months since college started? I thought college would completely change my life but I still feel like the same misfit I was in high school. Everyone seems so . . . cool, and like, has all their own things going on. They all know what their thing IS. My roommate is apparently my arch nemesis (her words, not mine). I think she’s the cutest and I can’t tell if she likes me, or like-likes me."

(I will update more of this information later, just wanted to get this out there and see what the response was).

This will be a lesbian romance story released in an episodic format, most likely 1-2 per month. The two main characters are first-semester roommates in college and are polar opposites at first glance. Along the way they will make discoveries about themselves and each other, as well as all that dorm life has to offer. After all, who says you can't have your cupcake and eat it too?

pic3.png
The Drama Quean: She isn't your typical drama queen, bad things happen to her and not because of her. Spends most of her time in the dorm cleaning up after her slovenly roommate.

pic1.png
The Ice Quean: The Drama Quean's roommate. Spends most of her time trying to get the Drama Quean to swear for the first time.

pic2.png
The Prom Quean: The girl who lives across the hall but practically lives in their shared dorm. Often mediates their petty disagreements and often finds herself stuck in the middle of them.

215303j

Cool! Lesbian romance games are few and far between!
And the characters look lovely!
What's up with the "a" in Queen though?
And, does the black girl have blue eyes? Looks interesting but not sure if it matches her personality description? She doesn't come over as a show-off or attention seeker...

Edit: Ok, I learned a new English word today ;)
Not sure if the first definition matches the character description, so the story must take place in Scotland then!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

crewfalcons

Donor
May 17, 2017
Title: Queans
"Has it already been two months since college started? I thought college would completely change my life but I still feel like the same misfit I was in high school. Everyone seems so . . . cool, and like, has all their own things going on. They all know what their thing IS. My roommate is apparently my arch nemesis (her words, not mine). I think she’s the cutest and I can’t tell if she likes me, or like-likes me."

(I will update more of this information later, just wanted to get this out there and see what the response was).

This will be a lesbian romance story released in an episodic format, most likely 1-2 per month. The two main characters are first-semester roommates in college and are polar opposites at first glance. Along the way they will make discoveries about themselves and each other, as well as all that dorm life has to offer. After all, who says you can't have your cupcake and eat it too?

View attachment 497505
The Drama Quean: She isn't your typical drama queen, bad things happen to her and not because of her. Spends most of her time in the dorm cleaning up after her slovenly roommate.

View attachment 497493
The Ice Quean: The Drama Quean's roommate. Spends most of her time trying to get the Drama Quean to swear for the first time.

View attachment 497506
The Prom Quean: The girl who lives across the hall but practically lives in their shared dorm. Often mediates their petty disagreements and often finds herself stuck in the middle of them.
Seems interesting! You don't see many lesbian focused games (let alone multi racial) around here so kudos for trying something different.

Models look good and different (almost cartoon-ish --> not saying that as a bad thing, just saying that it's unique which is good due to all of the DAZ rehashes of the same models in different games we get over and over).

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Cool! Lesbian romance games are few and far between!
And the characters look lovely!
What's up with the "a" in Queen though?
And, does the black girl have blue eyes? Looks interesting but not sure if it matches her personality description? She doesn't come over as a show-off or attention seeker...

Edit: Ok, I learned a new English word today ;)
Not sure if the first definition matches the character description, so the story must take place in Scotland then!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you! :)
The spelling of 'quean' and the use of the term 'cupcake' might hint to some themes that show up in the game. Sharing is caring after all.

Seems interesting! You don't see many lesbian focused games (let alone multi racial) around here so kudos for trying something different.

Models look good and different (almost cartoon-ish --> not saying that as a bad thing, just saying that it's unique which is good due to all of the DAZ rehashes of the same models in different games we get over and over).
Just trying to write what I know best. And thank you for noticing the models. Like my rendering style, they are completely my own and would be very hard to replicate.

Reactions: crewfalcons

Noxurtica

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
Art looks great. Love the character descriptions, too. Will it be strictly vanilla for NSFW scenes? Also is it a kinetic VN?

Reactions: thecardinal

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
And you have read Sunstone and Mercy, right? If not for actual content, then for inspiration about what themes you could add or omit.
(not that we do not need more lesbian bondage sex but good stories we need more...)

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Art looks great. Love the character descriptions, too. Will it be strictly vanilla for NSFW scenes? Also is it a kinetic VN?
It won't be a very kinky game, it's intended to be fluff with some light angst. And it will be mostly kinetic, but only because I have a clear endpoint in mind.

And you have read Sunstone and Mercy, right? If not for actual content, then for inspiration about what themes you could add or omit.
(not that we do not need more lesbian bondage sex but good stories we need more...)
I have read Sunstone, but not Mercy. But I am also not really looking for themes to add, or omit. It's a romance game. If it feels natural to the characters, it goes in. If it feels shoehorned to appease players, it stays out.

D

Deleted member 1866322

It won't be a very kinky game, it's intended to be fluff with some light angst. And it will be mostly kinetic, but only because I have a clear endpoint in mind.
I have to admit, I love the art direction so far. The art, the synopsis, the dialogue, and the character descriptions brings back a nostalgic value to me - let's just say it brings back memories of old friends. Romance and kinetic VNs have got to be my favorite genres as well. The details given sounds like there will be a lot of character development/relationship building that eventually leads up to romance - which is what I'm most excited about. And it sounds like you've got a pretty clear direction of where you want the story to start and end.

Overall, you've chosen a lot of things that I prefer in games/novels and I'm excited to read about any updates on your project - and to play through the episodes as its released.

(・ε・) 。 。 。

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Some updates on the VN and plans for the first release. I don't quite know when it will be out. Sometime in January would be wonderful. I've done a lots and lots of writing and re-writing so far. I haven't written a lot of prose for this, so you won't see lots of 'internal thoughts of the main characters' and instead I will try to make sure I get my point across in dialogue and body language only.

Main sexual themes covered will be F/F (obviously), F/M (very very little), and the possibility of F/F/M or F/F/F. It will have cuckquean (reverse cuckold, where a woman shares her partner with others) themes to it, but I will make sure there is a straight F/F path for people who want to play just that. There will be some light corruption, but it's mostly about girls discovering their sexuality in healthy ways. So this game will have an NTR tag unfortunately, but I'm sure that won't cause any issues down the road :LOL: /s

Updates will be bi-weekly, so twice a month if I can. Once per month if I can't. That's still a decent pace in today's market in my opinion. Updates will be 10ish minutes at least, less if you speed-read. Projected to have 10 or so updates since I have clear points I want to reach with each update so the story progresses at the pace I want it to.

Feel free to ask questions or comments, just be aware that I'm not very open to suggestions since I don't want this project to be any bigger or take any longer than it already will.

And finally, some eye candy for you while I keep writing:

pic4.png pic5.png pic6.png

And one last shot of the Ice Queen since she has a cute little butt
pic4part2.png

Last edited:

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
thecardinal I'm glad you're back with new project. :) Just found it today and it's looking very promising so far. I like renders and scenario seems intriguing. Very few games of this genre here for sure, and even fewer of them see any consistent updates or getting continued at all. I've been following Seraphim Academy game for some time that contains themes of lesbian romance and also looked very good, but dev had some big issues irl and probably won't come back at it any time soon. So i've been looking for something similar for a while. Your models and rendering style were so good in previous game, and they're even more improved now. Definitely looking forward to see your improved writing too now. :p Adding cuckquean to the mix this time sounds interesting.

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
thecardinal I'm glad you're back with new project. :) Just found it today and it's looking very promising so far. I like renders and scenario seems intriguing. Very few games of this genre here for sure, and even fewer of them see any consistent updates or getting continued at all. I've been following Seraphim Academy game for some time that contains themes of lesbian romance and also looked very good, but dev had some big issues irl and probably won't come back at it any time soon. So i've been looking for something similar for a while. Your models and rendering style were so good in previous game, and they're even more improved now. Definitely looking forward to see your improved writing too now. :p Adding cuckquean to the mix this time sounds interesting.
Thanks! My old game had a handful of fans, and with this one being so different I appreciate the support from someone who likes my previous work.

And yes, a very different rendering style. Not everyone's taste maybe, but it will be unique.

Looking forward to it. I especially enjoy the cuckqueen aspect and it's annoyingly hard to find.
There's next to nothing with cuckquean content, and even less involving lesbians.

Got the feeling this is an autobiography, instead a fiction. :KEK:
Developers should really stick to writing what they know. That's probably why so many games are populated by scrawny horse-dicked 18 year olds who lust after their landladies.:sneaky:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
There's next to nothing with cuckquean content, and even less involving lesbians.
Yeah that's never made sense to me given that most adult content seems geared towards men. I'm a guy and cuckqueen is one of my favorite fetishes. I also quite enjoy pure lesbian content. Unfortunately the closest you can usually find to cuckqueen is MFF stuff (which I like as well but it's not the same thing).

I have my own project I'm in the early stages of working on that will definitely have cuckqueen stuff in it if it ever gets off the ground. I plan on having lesbian content in there as well but it will definitely have more content that includes guys as well.

Mine will have a male MC but I'm toying with the idea of having a path where his SO can decide she's really a lesbian and dump him for a woman. I'm not sure how tolerant people who want lesbian content would be for that sort of thing or whether I would even have enough pure lesbian content in there for it to be worth it.

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
Lesbian romance sound promising, hope it will stay that way.
The artwork is pretty good as well. Just stay with that style.
The school setting is not my cup of tea, but that is just personal taste.

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I will have a demo out for this in a few weeks. I wrote a bit too far ahead of myself and realized that I have received 0 feedback because I haven't shared the story with anyone yet. Just want to make sure I am in the right track before I start pumping out hundreds of renders.

All the images in-game will be done in 5k quality and will be layered in the coding. This will make for some cool 'cinematography' for lack of a better word. The ren'py camera can zoom or pan without losing any quality, and when it does so the foreground and background will look like they are moving at different paces. And if it is disappointing or looks like shit, I will keep it basic and render everything in one scene.