Protagonist Naming

Do you want the main Protagonist to be named already?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BadWolf71

Jan 1, 2019
I think why I like the aspect of 3rd person over 1st is because I really don't like the scenes that involve kissing. I mean, you have a character leaning in to give a kiss and you now have a huge face on the screen with puckered lips and then maybe a little bit of tongue sticking out. To me, that doesn't make me feel like I'm part of the experience, just kinda looks foolish to me.

Though I guess I could make it first person, and when it comes to all scenes that involve kissing or what not, make it 3rd person. Eh, who knows, I'm still at the writing stage. I've been sick the past few days and have written nothing, just took time off from work while being sick.

W65

May 31, 2018
I think why I like the aspect of 3rd person over 1st is because I really don't like the scenes that involve kissing. I mean, you have a character leaning in to give a kiss and you now have a huge face on the screen with puckered lips and then maybe a little bit of tongue sticking out. To me, that doesn't make me feel like I'm part of the experience, just kinda looks foolish to me.

Though I guess I could make it first person, and when it comes to all scenes that involve kissing or what not, make it 3rd person. Eh, who knows, I'm still at the writing stage. I've been sick the past few days and have written nothing, just took time off from work while being sick.
There was another thread about the POV kissing thing--turns out plenty of people don't like that sort of thing, just like you don't. I doubt anyone would complain if you did those parts in third person. Hell, if you really didn't want to commit on the PC's model, you could do the Japanese grey-shadow-protagonist thing just for those scenes.

Reactions: BadWolf71

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018

One work around is to just not show the kissing animation, show the partner's face starting to close in, fade to black (put the kissing noises here) and then show them return to their original position, basically you'd be simulating the player character closing their eyes when they kiss (which most people I know do IRL)

BadWolf71

Jan 1, 2019
So it looks to be 50/50 on the naming/not naming the protagonist. As I'm sure it was the last time someone asked this same question, as I read in a previous post.

BadWolf71

Jan 1, 2019
So, I've been away for a bit. Working my job and doing a little bit of writing, also playing some of the latest updates on the games that I play. I see that the poll is a tie. I'm sure no one was surprised.

I have chosen to name everyone in my game, including the MC. They all have some background to them, some of which, I will flesh out more as my story comes along. I'm writing it in a script form, even though I know nothing on how to write a script. I'm just doing it the way I see it in my head. I have even interjected on where the scenes are and who are in the scenes.

So far, I only have 5 and 3/4 pages written (2303 words), so it's just the beginning. It's more like 4 & 3/4, the first page is my list of characters that I am using in the game so far. I write when I have time & I have this weekend off so, hopefully, I can get some more pages knocked out. I don't know how long the story will be or what the end game is but, I will release a little bit of what the game is in another thread.